Disney Movie Club / they are money hungry

Disney movie club a big scam they are money hungry. No matter what don't fall for the movie club you will get billed for movies you never ordered and very poor customer service they give you the run around. Nothing nice to say about dmc. Movie club is a con. Taking peoples hard earned money! They are liars. You can't get no one to talk to. I asked them to cancel my account 6 times they never did. So I was very pissed when I got the bill for movies I never ordered and sent back.

Va

Comments

• Zx
      6th of Oct, 2008

I found out that you have to pay for about two years of membership before you can cancel. And they also bumped me up to some platinum or gold membership which was over $100 per month. we were getting 5 new movies every week!!!

I had to pay a lawyer about $5000 to get out of the membership plus pay over $2000 to ship the crates of movies back...

• 18
      4th of Mar, 2009

You probably did not read the terms when you had signed up. Disney is a very reputable company so why would they try to scam people. You keep getting movies you didn't order because you didn't respond to their feature titles every month like you agreed to. You sound very rude, so how would any company give you good customer service. If you can't even read their terms and conditions, then you shouldn't be signing up for memberships.

• Bi
      12th of Aug, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!