Direct Generalrefund

Direct General drafts my account on the 4th of every month. I cancelled my insurance on the 3rd. On the 4th my account was drafted for the premium. I went to the local office on the 4th and they said that the cancellation was pending. Why, I don't know. On the 9th of the month I called Customer Service to inquire about my refund and was told that it would take 7-30 days, but if I wanted it refunded to my Debit Card I could get the refund in 7-10 days, but I had to go to the local office to request the refund be credited to my Debit Card. I think this is totally rediculous to go through these steps to get a refund. I am writing this review to let others know NOT to expect a refund in a timely manner. I will not refer any of my friends to Direct for insurance.

Ar
Oct 09, 2018

Comments

• Le
      Oct 30, 2018

I am yet expecting a refund requested July, 2018 for payments made to our local office in Cartersville, GA. They seem to not care for Sr. citizens discomfort with their Senior phone ticking off all their minutes after being transferred from office to office. I've since called every month since, even calling our local office to get insurance info faxed to their Headquarters. It seems no one knows their job so where do they get these confusion causing agents from or who supposedly trained them. I only want what's due me for premiums paid for a car I didn't have and they know the Auto Dealer who had my car for auction.