Direct Energy / cut off power

United States, Texas, Houston
Family of four
I've had several problems with this company. First with the billing. They didn't send the bill the first two months or so and their explanation was the person supposed to come and read the meter was not available. Recently, they cut my service saying I didn't pay the last month bill. When I called and said it was paid but I didn't have the transaction number ( I needed to look on my bank account on line) they said I could pay on the phone to have the service reconnected, and you know it will take 24 hours to be reconnected.

The next day I had to call from work and try to get someone to help but nothing happened. My husband called me and asked what did I do because they reconnected the power very soon in the morning. They waited after my husband went out for a moment. He saw the car of the company getting out the building when he was getting back home.

No sorry calls or notes. I switch to another company just now. It's all bout costumer service, people. Also I think is ilegal to come to your house without a notice and cut your power knowing there might be children or sick people that need the power to survive or medical purposes.

Direct Energy Logo Direct Energy