Direct Buy Warranty / Customer Service

United States Review updated:

These people are incredible! I had requested a quote on a 2004 vehicle I recently purchased for my son. A “Senior Underwriter” proceeded to call me and gave me a quote that sounded like it was a pretty good deal. He pressured me to give him my credit card at that moment. He said even if I signed up, I had 30 days to cancel for a refund. I told him I would not do anything until he sent me information, and I had a chance to review it.

That evening, I researched this company. The complaints on the internet are a mile long and they have an ‘F’ rating by the BBB Better Business Bureau. So therefore, I would not do business with them.

The next day I receive a call from this Underwriter and he wanted to close on the warranty. I told him I would not, since the write-ups on the internet are so poor. He then took vicious attacks at me and then proceeded to accuse me of trying to scam his company with a “dirty” car. I assume this means one with lots of existing problems. Interesting, since I am the person who decided against potentially doing business with them. He threatened me and said he would “blackball” my vehicle so I could not get a warranty anywhere.

Shortly thereafter as I was locating their company phone number to lodge a complaint, another “Senior Underwriter” called me. He said he over heard the conversation and wanted to find out what the problem was. He said they would put this first guy back in additional training classes. I questioned both of them having the same title.

While this person showed initial empathy to my problem with the first guy, he then tried to close me 2 times. He tried to make me an even better deal, but I told him I would not do anything for several days; but I did grant him the opportunity to call me at that later date. He then tried to close me once more, questioning me on why I would not sign up now for a 6 year program. I told him that he is not a very good listener.

They are incredible, stay away!

St

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Jul, 2013

I have been with DBW for 2 years now! I signed for a 5 year contract. I am at the end of my payment cycle with them. My contract was for $1800 for a five year warranty! My contract is a $0 deductible one. I have had two major claims on my 2004 Chevy Venture, replace the main computer and replace the CV joints and front wheel bearings. They did this all without a moments hesitation and with no further aggravation from them whatsoever! I have 3 years left on my contract and look forward to continued business with them.

• Re
      8th of Feb, 2016

DirectBuy Warranty refuses to answer their phones so that myself or our dealership can file a claim. I want my $4000 back if you can't process these claims. This is a rip off. We have also sent emails and there have been no response.