Diamonds International / Do not buy

United States Review updated:
I purchased a loose stone while on a Carnvial cruise. While on the cruise, these stores are heavily promoted and you are assured that these are guaranteed stores. Once I got home, I had the ring appraised as it looked like there was a problem with the corner (princess cut 0.70 H SI3). I was shocked to find out that the stone was neither the size or clarity that I thought 0.55 H I2). I called PPI and registered a claim, that was 7 mths ago. DI refuses to offer a refund and after many many calls I received a replacement. Cautious I had the stone looked at and once again it was not an SI3 but an I2. I have been now working to get a refund. Carnvial takes no responsibility and advised that I had to deal with PPI. If anyone has contact info for someone at DI to expedite this issue, please let me know. They do not return calls or emails.
Ka

Comments

Ki
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Try 1-800-515-3935 for Diamonds International.

DiamondsInternational@shopdi.com
Ki
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Try 1-800-515-3935 or diamondsinternational@shopdi.com
  4th of Apr, 2009
I'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i'm a REAL ONLINE JEWELER as well as a GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST. I read your complaint and the first thing i will tell you, is the same thing i tell any of my own customers who may not have the same gemology experience i do, is to ALWAYS LOOK AT THE DIAMONDS IN THE JEWELRY FROM THE TOP AND IF YOU CAN SEE ANY WHITE CLOUDS, OR BLACK CARBON THESE DIAMONDS ARE NOT AN SI NOR I1 CLARITY DIAMOND BUT AN I2 - 13 CLARITY DIAMOND, AND IN MOST CASES THEY'RE "PROMOTIONAL QUALITY DIAMONDS" WHICH ARE DIAMONDS THAT CLEARLY LOOK LIKE TABLE SALT BECAUSE THEY'RE SO DAMN CLOUDY.

I suggest you contact THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE FOR CONSUMERS AND I'VE POSTED THEIR CONTACT INFO BELOW FOR YOU. If you ever have any questions for me feel free to contact me here.

THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEES' WEBSITE:

TO CONTACT THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE BY PHONE:

You may reach JVC via: HOURS 9AM - 5PM MON - FRI
Telephone: (212) 997-2002
Fax: (212) 997-9148
  4th of Apr, 2009
FILE YOUR COMPLAINT WITH THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE, ALSO FIND OUT WHAT STATE THIS COMPANY DOES BUSINESS IN, AND CONTACT THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS IN THAT SAME STATE TO FILE ANOTHER COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM ALSO.
  4th of Apr, 2009
I'm glad your issue with this company HAS BEEN SETTLED, AND TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS COMPLAINT THIS MEMBER HAS INFORMED ME THAT THEY'VE GOTTEN THEIR MONEY BACK FROM THIS COMPANY!

THIS COMPLAINT IS NO LONGER OPEN!
Ho
  9th of Nov, 2009
We also purchased a loose diamond while on a Holland American cruise in Juneau, Alaska. We were told the diamond would appraise for much higher than what we paid ($17k) and were were getting a high quality diamond. RUN, RUN, RUN, away from Diamond International--don't WALK--RUN!!! And, DO NOT listen to the ship "Shopper Guy" he has his hand out to DI so it's a "win-win "deal for him. Long story short, my diamond appraised for only $10, 800 so try to get any $$ from DI and the ships "30 guarantee" is nothing but b**t. When all cruise ships dock in ANY port where DI is located, they just "rub" their hands together !! Again, wish I had googled DI BEFORE we shopped there!! Next cruise I will be standing up shouting at the shopper guys intro to "great shopping" RUN, RUN, RUN--DO NOT SHOP @DI--ever!!!
An
  20th of Feb, 2010
you are a ###. NO diamond place will exchange a stone you bought. What would stop me from buying an expensive stone, but coming back the next day with a cheap stone and insisting they refund me my money.

DI is a bad company, run by bad people, but you are stupid to think you can return a diamond.
Jo
  10th of Jun, 2010
My sister in law and I are also taken by Diamond International. We took a carnival cruise to Cozumel and was misled and lied to from the beginning. the store manager told us she will give our money back if we are not completely satisfied with the purchase and after back and forth with customer service DI will only give us a store credit and still respnsible for the bill even if we return the merchandise. PLEASE tell us how you are able to get DI to give your money back...I agree don't trust Carnival and their shopping expert. They are all in cohorts!

Diamonds International Logo Diamonds International