Diamond Enterprises / Unauthorized billing

So, I got this yellow piece of paper in my mail the other day, and I thought it was from my normal magazine subscriptions because I was in fact supposed to get a free DVD from those subscriptions.

I called the number, and from there told me about the free gift, but that I would have to buy the shipping and handling, and I didn't think anything of it so I used my debit card. As soon as I gave it to them, they all of a sudden told me about all this other stuff and that I was a preferred member and I was going to get some magazines. They didn't tell me how much it was, and I told them that I did not want them, so I hung up the phone immediately.

They called me an hour later, trying to get more information out of me, and telling me I was going to get SI, Penthouse, Men's Health, and some others for prices they did not really specify, and I told them no and I hung up again.

Later at my house, I checked my online banking account. I came to realize that I had a bill from Diamond Enterprises for a total amount of $79.80. I have no idea how this amount came about, I thought if anything it would only be the $9.95 they said at the beginning about the shipping and handling price.

I called them and asked to cancel, and they told me to call the customer service number where they were busy and would not pick up their phone ever. From there I called back and asked to talk to their supervisor, Maggie, but said they couldn't do that. So, I called my bank and they are hopefully going to help me out on this, and I complained to the FTC as well.

Is there anything else I can do? Who else is there to call and how do I get out of this company's hands?

This company does not deserve to exist, somebody should make them dissolve and diappear from ever being able to scam people again.

Fr

Comments

• Do
      6th of Apr, 2009

have you had any luck with your problem