Designer Brand Outlet / Almost impossible refund

1 NY, United States Review updated:

It was impossible to get a refund from this company. First, I ordered a Chloe dress but the size did not fit me. The company advised me to return the dress and I would be refunded upon receipt of the dress in their China returns processing center. They however advised me to order the right size simultaneously and I did. In short, my credit card was charged twice. After I ordered the second dress, I received a notice that it was backordered. I cancelled my second order because the dress would not be delivered for the occasion I ordered it. For the cancelled order, they gave me a refund in good time but the big, big problem was on the dress I returned to their China processing center. I tracked the shipment and it was confirmed received on March 3 by the processing center. I sent them about a dozen emails requesting for my refund and they never complied with my request. The transactions happened in the later part of February and up to August Designer Brand still did not give me my refund. They kept on saying that I had been refunded - they conveniently FORGOT about the refund for the returned item in China. I almost lost close to $200 but thankfully, I pleaded to my credit card company, even if it was past the period when I should have complained. I explained the situation thoroughly and attached the numerous emails I sent to Designer Brand, which Designer Brand disregarded. My credit card company, as a good will, credited my account. So, after all the emails, letters and pleadings, I was able to get my refund; and I have to thank my credit card company for reversing the second charge.

I therefore strongly advise those who intend to purchase from this company - the Designer Brand Outlet - NOT TO PURCHASE from this company - NEVER, EVER. This is to save you from grief.

And to Designer Brand Outlet - SHAME ON YOU!!!

Ed

Comments

Ss
  25th of Jan, 2008
Designer Brand Outlet - Non delivery!
Designer Brand Outlet
Australia
www.designerbrandoutlet.com

Fraudulent company - DO NOT do business with this company - they will charge your credit card but you WILL NOT receive anything. Nor will they respond to your e-mails or phone calls.

Td
  9th of Feb, 2008
Designer Brand Outlet - Fraudulent company!
Designer Brand Outlet
Australia
www.designerbrandoutlet.com.au

This company doesn't delivery your purchased item. They take your money within a few days and DO NOT DELIVER. They are also uncountable via phone or email - they will never return your calls.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! ITS A SCAM!

Je
  14th of Feb, 2008

Yes I would have to agree. This website appears to be fraudulent. If you are considering purchasing items from this website consider viewing feedback courtesy of ebay. This company took my money recently and I am still yet to receive my purchases. This company is not contactable despite having a service telephone number and various email addresses. Some women are still waiting for their purchases five months later. This company has been reported to both the Australian Department of Fair Trading and the ACCC.

Ca
  17th of Feb, 2008

Not only does this Comapny not deliver- they sell rip off designs. I brought what I believed to be a Chloe dress, to find out it is in fact a Peter Som dress

Ba
  2nd of Mar, 2008

Designer brand outlet are a terrible company, I ordered 3 items from them, only one arrived, they charged me for 3 -can't some thing be done to shut them down, i have tried contacting them by email/phone, you get no reply.. If anyone can help me shut them down please contact me.

Sa
  3rd of Mar, 2008

I purchased a dress (1 only) from them and it arrived on time and the dress was what I expected. You should speak to your bank & email them again to get it sorted out. Show them the money is deducted and that you have the order details from them etc... I had absolutely no problem at all. You avn always go on a current affair too.

Ba
  8th of Aug, 2008

Hi laura, my dresses never arrived despite several emails and calls - i recently sent them another email and have had a reply saying I will get a refund, I have vowed to shut them down if I don't either get the items or a refund, I am so annoyed by them, I previously got a dress from them that came without any problem. I recommend you persist with them, threaten to
report them to the police, we could get their website shut down, its also important to put as much info as possible on the net about them and their poor customer service so other people don't try and buy from them and get screwed over

Ju
  20th of Aug, 2008

I too have been totally taken in by this company. Though they sent me my order, they have failed to issue a refund for the return, and they have not replied to more than twenty phone calls and dozens of emails. They are a fraudulent company, no doubt about it. I have reported them to the following: Thawte, their credit securer, the Australia Consumer Association and the Australia Office of Consumer and Business Affairs. I am also going to contact my bank and Visa. They need to be stopped.

Has anyone been successful in contacting them at all?

Ki
  16th of Sep, 2008

I made complaints against this company in September 2007 I also contacted Google by email asking them to do something about this company I never heard any thing back. I did get the dress I ordered 6 weeks after the event I ordered it for.