Dermitage / Unauthorized charges & restocking fees

1 5300 Ontario Mills ParkwayOntario, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-886-8805

I've never had to raise my voice at a customer service rep until today. I spoke with Rashad at Dermitage's Customer NO-service twice (lucky me). First to return a product a few days ago that I had received without authorization. And then again just a few minutes ago to return product box #2 that I had not authorized. After repeated attempts to get to speak to his supervisor, he put me on hold, apparently in an attempt to cool me down, and came back to tell me that his "supervisor" Christina #12794 had authorized the return of my product with a $9.95 restocking fee. Arguing proved futile as I will now also have to pay a $19.95 restocking fee because I opened the first package to see if there was a number or invoice...my bad! What was I thinking...oh yes, I didn't read the fine print of the Dermitage policy that many of you are referring to that's hidden on the website. I'm contacting my credit card company and stopping any further transactions from any of the pseudo-names Dermitage tries to hide under. Never again will I order something touted as "free" on the web. Should have done my research first! Caveat emptor...hopefully others will read our warnings and take heed!

Be

Comments

• Gr
      12th of Sep, 2008

Thank you for the input about the costume service of dermitage.
    I was about to place an order and I stopped when I had to provide a credit card number for something that suppose to be "free".

Thanks again
    Grace

• Ka
      26th of Sep, 2008

I also fell into the so called 1 month "free trial". When I received the "free" product with a letter I realized this was a scam. I especially liked the terms of returning the product, talking about an 8.5% sales tax and restocking fee. I crossed this section out and wrote, this is bull. I did call to cancel and was told I would receive an e-mail on how to return the package. Still waiting.

• Su
      11th of Apr, 2009

I had the same problem and will not pay the bill. This company is totally corrupt.