Depositphotos.com / I wish I had never done a trial subscription

United States Review updated:

Do not give your billing information to this company!!! They will never stop talking money from your account -- even three months after cancelling a trial subscripting, they are still pulling $59.00 from my PayPal account every month!

Each time I have complained to the company as well as PayPal. Paypal has refunded my money. Deposit photos has refused to take responsibility, telling me to take it up with PayPal. I do not want to go through this every month.

I could not find what I was looking for on their site so this whole NIGHTMARE was absolutely not worth it. I wish I had never done a trial subscription.

Co

Comments

• Be
      Aug 10, 2011

Well, a recurring payment with paypal is something that you have to cancel there. Of course it will be still recurring if YOU don´t turn it off. If you don´t want to go through with it again - stop it. It´s you who can do that, so just go to your paypal account and stop it...

• Kr
      Jan 13, 2012

I disagree with the comment by Benjamin09, and agree with the complainant above. After turning off the recurring payment with PayPal, I ended up having to withdraw the use of that particular credit card in my PayPal account to make it all stop. I made the mistake of giving DepositPhotos one more chance with their more modest monthly subscription as the former one was just too many images and their selection is not that good. This time I used a different credit card but the problem is the same. My next step is to contact the fraud unit at my bank to stop the recurring payment. No company should ever do this to their customers! Recurring payment should be an option, not a mandatory requirement. I don't think DepositPhotos can even stay in business with using CUSTOMER RIP-OFF as their business model. The actual business operation is somewhere in Eastern Europe I believe. But the fact that they maintain some kind of business presence in the U. S. makes filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission an option, as well as a complaint with the state Attorney General where they "claim" to operate in the U. S.

• Ca
      May 15, 2012

The information about cancellation is a bit misleading. They tell you to "go to your Profile page, and click My Preapproved Payments." to cancel, but it is not possible, since the payment was not yet issued by the Depositphotos.com. So to cancel before they start charging you need to go to My Account> All Account Activity> Click on Details next to "Recurring Payment | Depositphotos Inc | Created" and then Click "Cancel" located under "Recurring Payments details"

I hope this helps.

Fort Lauderdale
    Florida
    Phone: (954) 990-0075
    depositphotos.com

I purchased an image that did not work. I accidentally purchased it again for $80.00 as it was in my cart (and it's of no use to me). After asking for help, I finally contacted PayPal. The petty response by DepositPhoto is to suddenly make my 66 credits disappear (costing me approx. $100.00) and never show my new 150 credits that should be added to the 66 (and all receipts are on their site). Also, they blocked me from downloading images I already purchased and followed all laws in doing so.
    They have robbed me of well over $200.00. My Mother is on Hospice in the next room dying. I do not have time for this, but will fight them if not corrected. I see that other customers have had problems here, so they need to get it fixed immediately.
    Stay away from these frauds

• Er
      Aug 04, 2016

Last month I purchased 150 credits pack, I've only used 12 of 150 credits but on friday when I logged in into my account I found no credits available to my account.
    I asked live support (Robin) for help and she said "There is nothing I can do for you, write to [protected]@depositphotos.com" only shows incompetence.
    Honestly I will never ever suggest this to anyone to use Depositphotos as a Micro-Stock Photo Agency
    They do not care about their customers and treat them like c***. Since then I have had no response. I have called them again. On the phone I got a very rude person who refused to help.
    Needless to say, I am long past 2 business days and my issue is not resolved.
    I did not receive my remaining credits. However, they sent me a new email of 20% discount to purchase a new credit pack.
    Sounds, looks and smells like a scam and I will be contacting the authorities and ombudsman if I do not get access to my money very soon.

•   Aug 04, 2016

I tried the company out and when I wanted to cancel my subscription. The
    subscription auto renewed a day early so I sent an email asking for
    them to cancel my subscription. After they sent me back bad directions
    on how to cancel it myself. I sent them another email asking them to
    just do it since it would take them 2 minutes compared to me trying to
    figure out the terrible directions they gave me in their last email.
    They responded with a screen shot of Pay Pal on how to do it myself
    instead of just canceling it. That screen shot turned out to be old and I
    had to send PayPal a request to cancel my subscription and look into
    this companies business practices. It's odd how some businesses will
    just take advantage of someone for a few bucks.
    Avoid this company you'll be glad you did. Good Luck.