DeltaCloseouts.com / Dishonest

1 Florida, NY, United States Review updated:

I had the same experience with buying a camera from these guys as many here did: Place order then a few days later, they call to say that I 'forgot to order a battery' for the brand-new camera that I ordered. Did my research so I knew a new camera from the factory would already have the battery. Told the sales rep this and he (rudely) insisted that I was wrong. I canceled my order, called back and spoke to the manager who was also VERY rude and, because I wasn't going to back down, he verified that my order would be canceled (I didn't receive an email confirmation of this until I wrote them and requested one...another oddity). I have filed a complaint with the BBB as well, where I saw that DeltaCloseouts was also Delta Camera...hmmmm...I suspect that they changed names after all the complaints. It's time to start tying the two companies together so that more consumers won't be conned out of their money.

May 28, 2015

Comments

• La
      29th of May, 2015

Thanks. I was about to order a camera from them until I saw your review. Saved me from a likely bad experience. I've dealt with companies like this before. No desire for a repeat.

• Za
      30th of Jun, 2015

The exact same thing happened to me. This place has a four and half star review on Google out of quite a few reviews, but I'm doubting how legit they are. I know for a fact the camera I ordered comes with a battery and a charger. When I asked to cancel, the person I spoke with got very rude and defensive.

• Dr
      17th of Sep, 2015

I ordered a $350 camera from them. As with others, the next day they sent an e-mail asking me to call to confirm that it was me placing the order. When I call I get a very rude man speaking broken English saying that I would need to pay another $90 to get the battery and charger for this camera. Kept having to have him repeat what he was saying to finally figure it out. He got very upset that I couldn't understand him. I said I would think about it and get back to them. Did some research and read what people were saying about them doing this. I called the next day to cancel the order. Foreign guy says it was already shipped. I received the camera including the battery and charger without paying any additional $90. Was all a scam to try to get more money out of me. Very shady company.

• Je
      21st of Sep, 2015

In plain spanish
    son unos hijos de la chingada, que no se como se les permite operar, cuando solo estan robando