Deal Max / Unauthorized charge on my credit card

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I just checked my credit card statement and there was a charge from DealMax for $14.95. I have absolutely no idea what this company is. The charge gives a phone number of [protected]. When you call this number, you get an automated line. No where does it give the option of speaking to a live person, BUT it does give the option of giving the credit card number where the charge was made. WHAT THE HELL?!?! I did NOT buy anything from this company, I did NOT authorize a charge from this company. I have cancelled my credit card so that there will be no further charges. This is unbelievable!!! When you try to email them, the email bounces back stating something like : NO SUCH EMAIL

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Jul, 2008

I also just had charges from Deal Max charged to my card. What's going on?

• Be
      20th of Apr, 2009

yes i agree this is a rip off, they say i authorized this and i did not. do not believe any thing is for free. when i realized that they said i was going to be charged 19.95 i cancelled what i was doing and then i just saw they charged my account any way. i want my money back!!!

• Al
      25th of Apr, 2009

Deal Max has a 1800 #...folks do not even atempt to call their number.
    It will ask to enter your home phone number, member I.D, and even your credit card number...don't enter your credit card because it can result in yet another bill to your existing account!
    These people, whoever it may be, are professional scam artist who live off of these things. Beware of internet shopping including things that cost just $1.00.
    I resolved this situation with my bank and they removed the bill because it was a non-authorized. Resolve the matter with your bank!

• Jd
      12th of Dec, 2009

I received a charge of $19.95 from this company and also had no idea what the company did, I did some research and found a little info that may be helpful. First, if you press "0" when the automated answering machine ask for your credit card number, it will give you a live person. You may have to press "0" several times. They say that you signed up for a $50.00 Wal-Mart Gift Card. I did see this screen when I was ordering something else. I DID NOT give them permission to process my card. This screen popped up in place of the one that I was ordering from. I thought I had caught it. I guess they save the info anyway and process hoping you will not catch the mistake. If you complain to them they cancel the order with out objection, that is how they stay off the radar of the credit card card companies. I wish I knew how I could shut them down, I would. If you don't cancel your card they will just try again at a later date. Beware!