Dawn Power Dissolver / Where to buy?

I can't find it anywhere but online. I went to the DAWN website at http://www.dawn-dish.com/en_US/powerdissolver.do and sent them an email (kind of tricky to find - you have to go to their site map and jump through some hoops) about it - as there are many websites where people are looking for this product. I can't find it at any of the stores that I used to be able to purchase it or any of the stores that their locator directs you. They send you to Amazon but there are other sources, including some places that will sell it to you by the case - unfortunately the shelf life is only one year. I suspect that it has something to do with discontinuing and marketing.

I told them in my email that it is the only product that has been able to get baked on food and grease off my stainless steel Dacor cooktop - nothing else, including the manufacturer's recommended products work. I think I'll be purchasing it online and hope that Proctor and Gamble decide to remarket the product so that it is on the shelves next to the heavy duty oven cleaners.

Ka

More Dawn Power Dissolver Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fv
      25th of Oct, 2006
    Dawn - Soap is not as thick as it used to be

I am a lobsterman from maine.me and lots of other lobstermen used to use dawn, until the company did something with the soap. it is not as thick as it used to be. it is more liquidy then it used to be.it does not cut grease anymore, so i dont use it any more. i use walmart brand now it works great.

• Lo
      20th of Jan, 2007

I also can not find this great product. Dawn Power Dissolver was one of the best products I have ever found. I work in a grocery store and we can not get the product. Whats up with that. Please bring this product back on shelves where we can buy it. I have let my friends know how great it is and they can not find it.
    HELP in CALIFORNIA

• Be
      23rd of Jun, 2007
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

I got Dawn Power Dissolver at my local Foodline store and now I can not find it in my area. My zip code is 27576, can you help? This stuff is great!!! Berry

• Fl
      20th of Oct, 2007

I also have been using Dawn Power Desolver and absolutely love it! I use it for cleaning the stove, the microwave and of course stuck on food on pots and pans and it works perfectly. I am very disappointed I have not been able to find it in any major supermarkets. Please advise where to buy, by zip code is 11703. Thanks, Flo.

• Ka
      17th of Nov, 2007

Where can I buy Dawn Power Dissolver??? I live in the 08053 zip code area.

This is the best cleaning product I have ever used. Why can't I find it anymore???

• Kr
      17th of Dec, 2007

Me too. I love this stuff and am so upset that I can't find it anywhere in NC!

• Eb
      8th of Jan, 2008

I Also have been looking for Power Dissolver in NE Ohio. Is it still being made?

• Li
      12th of Jan, 2008

My husband has been dying to get his hands on this stuff again also. I think we bought it at BJ's originally,but have not been able to find it at the markets. I just FOUND IT at ACE HARDWARE online and it says at the stores.

Did anyone get an answer from the manufactuer?

• Li
      12th of Jan, 2008

go to www.dawn-dish.com and put in your zip code and the product and it should come up. It is at superfresh and walmart in my area.

6th of Feb, 2008

Add me to the list. I love this product and have been using it since it came on the market. As stated, it's great for cleaning the microwave, stove top and anything that gets greasy. Now I cannot find it anywhere in PA. I will take the advice of Lisa and see if I can find a store that carries it.

• To
      8th of Apr, 2008

Dawn power dissolver is for sale at Amazon.com

• Mw
      7th of May, 2008

I bought a couple of bottles months back. Now, I've run out. I went to WalMart, last night, and couldn;t find any! What's up with this?!

It's THE best product out there for getting rid of stuck on food, as well as grease. I use it for more than pots and pans. I'm so disappointed, I went searching to see if it's been discontinued. I can;t see why it would be, now. From the looks of the posts, there's more than myself who thinks it a fabulous product.

• Be
      16th of Jul, 2008

Can you help me to find more Dawn Power Dissolver? I live in zip code 95010.

• Di
      1st of Oct, 2008

I also contact P&G with little satisfaction. I reply that I need more assistance and received this lik:http://www.dawn-dish.com/en_US/productlocator.do

• Ar
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I called PG and gave places where it is sold although when I visited the stores they do not have it. Was told by PG to check with the store manage. I feel if PG knows so many customers are looking for this product they would send out their sales rep. to stock the shelfs.
    San Bruno, Ca.

• Ji
      18th of Oct, 2008

I used the

link and did the search for stores and it gave me 4 Wal-Marts within a 30 mile radius with the phone numbers, so I need to call them. If you don't connect with the right person at a Wal0 Mart, they may have it, but you might never know. Then I checked the online tab and it just came up with Amazon.com. You can buy Dawn Power Dissolver 12.8oz for $3.39 and with the shipping it's $9.40 for one item and $13.55 for two. It's shipped by acehardwareoutlet.com If you go there you can get 10 of them for $29.99 and the shipping is only $9.22 for a total of 39.21. Now if you have someone to share the cost, it's a deal. It's not a deal to buy a single at Ace, Amazon is cheaper.

• Ji
      24th of Oct, 2008

UPDATE: I went to Walmart and found it there. For the 12.8 oz it was only $2.38 so I bought 3 of them and have been busy cleaning all my pans. It's with the cleaning products. I can't believe how cheap all their cleaning products are. I went nuts and spent $30 and filled 3 bags.

• Di
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Try Amazon if you want to order individually. A better buy is at ace hardware, you can order by the case

• Da
      27th of Apr, 2009

rece'd a $1.00 charge on my credit carge w/o authoization...

• Pi
      12th of Jun, 2009

I believe I can help you guys out with this problem. I just stumbled on this site and I think they'll never run out of stocks with Dawn Power Dissolver.