David Stanley Dodge / Dishonest and rude sellsmen

1 Midwest City, OK, United States Review updated:

We were looking for a specific car model with specific features and we already knew what we wanted to pay. (30k) we had been to 4+ dealerships and david stanley dodge was by far the worst car shopping experience we've had.

Our sellsman evaded questions about the price of the jeep we were interested in until we got into his office. He told us 4000 more than the listed price online. Then he evaded questions about a deal they are currently running (06 / 18) in which they will match your hail damage insurance check up to 10, 000 dollars if you put it to a new car. When we said we wanted to pay 1000 less than the online price he acted confused and acted like he didn't know what we were talking about. After explaining to him several times he finally brought in his supervisor.

His supervisor said he was the manager and proceeded to lie to our face repeatedly and stated "if i sell you this car at the online price i am making no profit. I am making out even. " what a load of bull. First off they tried to hike up the price more than the online listing. Then they tried to tell us they couldn't possibly knock off 1000 because then he would be losing money?

This manager had the nerve to demand an apology for being called a liar when we left. If you are trying to lie to me about a price, and then tell me you are making zero profit, i'm sorry but you are a liar.

We went to bob moore which had the same model with all the same features and got it for as cheap as it would have been even with the insurance check special. We ended up paying 25k when david stanley was asking 28k and would not budge at all. Bob moore even offered a better warranty.

Nu

Comments

• Ce
      20th of Aug, 2009
    Daivd Stanley Dodge - correction
    David Stanley Dodge
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma

I made a mistake on the date of my 1st payment due date. It was 8-17-09.

• Ai
      19th of Jun, 2010

We were also at David Stanley Dodge today 6/19/2010 . What a nightmare!!! The sales manager was very very rude to us also. The sales men we worked with were inexperienced and did not value our time. This was obvious to another sales men who informed us we were working with two new people. He advised my husband that if we were dealing with him he would have had us taken care of by now. He suggested that we go speak to the sales manager and tell him how long we've been waiting. 45 minutes of more waiting my husband took him up on his advice. Whoa...bad idea. My husband went to talk to the sales manager to let him know how long we've been there. He told him we've been waiting for 2 hrs and just now getting our vehicle appraised. The sales manager had a major attitude. He told my husband that there we're several cars getting appraised, and he'll just have to wait his turn. My husband replied- But sir we've been here 2 hrs. The sales manager then told my husband that he could just bring us our car back. How's that for customer service? I had a bad feeling about going there when I looked at how they took care of their building on the outside. Needless to say we ended up getting kicked out of the dealership when two sales men told my husband that he was being too loud, and he could leave because there were other customers in the building. I only saw one other customer in the building. It was after 9 o'clock. Never again will I even think about buying a car from this place of business. If the sales manager has an attitude and does not know how to talk to potential customers...what makes you think you're going to get treated right by the sales men- which is your first point of contact.

DAVID STANLEY DODGE IS CLEARLY THE WORST PLACE TO PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THEY HAVE A REPUTATION OF CHEATING, LYING, AND NOT HONORING THERE ADVERTISING. Google David Stanley Dodge Complaints and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

• Th
      7th of Jul, 2010

David Stanley Dodge in Midwest City does lie an cheat people and they do not honor their advertisements. We got a coupon in the mail for $2500.00 off the purchase price of a used vehicle, they took the coupon and it disappeared and we never got the $2500.00 off the purchase price. The people that work there in the financing department use bullying techniques to pressure you into getting information to them that they said they had 30 days to get, in 2 or 3 days. They play tag team with the bullying. When we told them to take the car back and give us our down payment back they finally got their act together and finished the sale. This is not an honest business and I believe they take advantage of people in any way they can.

• Ai
      10th of Jul, 2010

We ended up buying from Norman Chrysler Jeep Dodge the very next weekend after our nightmare David Stanley Dodge experience. Our sales person was Mary. We had a very pleasant experience, and will return there for all of our future purchases. They also gave us $3500 more for our trade! Mary was very honest, and she did not have that "ugly" sales person attitude. I'm very happy about our purchase!!!

• Yo
      22nd of Feb, 2014

This is what the salesman Boubacar Thiam did to us when telling him we were on the way to buy a jeep listed on their website. Unfortunately, he did not know we had taken pictures with the listed sales price, vin number etc earlier. Mr. David Stanley will be hearing from me, as will be all organizations that support, consumers, and businesses in Oklahoma.

7th of May, 2014

Also read [redacted]s.com and consumerrreorts.org so you don't become another victim of David Stanley.

• Ga
      20th of Oct, 2014

I went to David Stanley Dodge
    on 10/18/2014 this is the worst dealership I have ever seen I had found the car online for the price I wanted I called the dealer to make sure it was available since I live 5 hours away. When I got there they had changed the price and would not honor our previous agreement. I talked to a sales manager who was very rude he basicly told me tuff and that I could leave. I have never been treated like that by people who should be trying to please me so I will buy a car. They still had the best price even after our disagreement but after being treated terrible all day and being repeatedly lied to I left. I ended up going to Fowler Dodge and was treated wonderful I highly recomend Fowler dodge.

• La
      1st of Feb, 2015

I cannot say enough. David Stanley is as close to a state supported criminal enterprise that I have ever seen. Please, I beg, please, do not give them your business. I wish I could convince everyone that reads this. The sales manager would not even tell me what APR I would be paying. Made me sick to see all of the people that fell into their greedy trap in the short time i was there. The state of Oklahoma and Dodge/Chrystler should be ashamed for allowing this company to operate. If you do not know contractual law, do not go to this dealership. Criminal - no exaggeration

• De
      12th of Mar, 2016

This is the absolute shadiest dealership. DO NOT go there. They've been sued multiple times and previous employees have told me their motto is, "It's not a problem until we get caught." THEY STOLE $15, 000 FROM ME!

I went in on April 2, 2014 to buy a car and I saw a 2014 Dodge Avenger for a little under $23, 000. I had $15, 000 cash I was putting towards the car which means I was financing it for a little under $8, 000. My payments were set up for $359.99 a month which means my car should have been paid off by February of 2016.

Well, I find out a year after I buy the car that they charged me $36, 000! Dodge Avengers are NOT worth $36, 000 anyone can tell you and the sticker price was under $23, 000. So what they did was POCKET (STEAL) $15, 000 I gave them for my down payment, and made me finance the car for the full price of $23, 000.

Now I'm stuck with this car payment until 2020 when it should have been paid off by now.