Cymax Stores / Awful everything

United States Review updated:
I ordered a set of bar stools from this retailer and it took them 3 months to ship the order. When it arrived I realized it wouldn't work in my house. They told me there was a 20% restocking fee, which is not anywhere on their website. They say there may be a restocking fee for a return, but never state what the fee is. By the time they subtracted the restocking fee and the outgoing shipping fee, and I paid to ship it back, it cost me over 40% of the cost of the stools.

My advice is to stay away from this online retailer and their sites. DO NOT buy unless you're sure you won't need to return the purchase. All in all a very poor buying experience.
Va

Comments

Ma
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I own a Real Estate Co. and have ordered several desks. Cymax has lied about every one of the delivery dates. I am now still waiting for a desk that was ordered on Sept 23, I was told it would take 5-7 days and now they say Nov 4th, but that is to San Bernadino and the company does not deliver farther than that so it will be sent to another co and we will wait another 3-4 days after that. The last order showed up completely demolished.

This company SUCKS!!!
Do not buy anything from them!!!
Fr
  29th of Apr, 2010
I ordered 3 barstools from Cymax and couln't be happier. They had great customer service, I messed my order up twice and they cancelled it for me and reimbursed me very quickly. Once I got my order right it was just 3 2/3 weeks and I received my bar stools. My experience with Cymax was exceptional...Didn't have the big company feel like you didn't matter. Great price (saved me $300 off store retail), free shipping and no sales tax. Great product. Most of their stools are not ready made...you pick out the powder coating, the seat fabric then they have to make them. This all takes time.
Ja
  19th of Oct, 2010
Cymax is not trustworthy
customer service is awful

I feel badly because ... the company that MADE the product I ordered has been helpful, as far as they can be... but ultimately Cymax has to process the return of this faulty product. The alexandria kitchen cart with bun feet and a black granite counter top.

The drawers and other supporting portions that hold the 100lb granite are made from particle board and fall apart.

Do not buy this product but more importantly, do not purchase anything from Cymax. "Lindsay" and "Aaron" at extension 125 will NEVER return your calls.

Cymax lies.
Pa
  13th of Mar, 2011
The worst experience ever. We were told items were in stock, so we ordered them. They charged our credit card, and then emailed us that we will have to wait months for our order. Customer service would not respond to any of our request. Then after waiting for months, they cancel our order, and would not explain why. All and all about 20 calls to Customer service and ZERO satisfaction. My advice is go somewhere else even if you have to pay a lot more.
Jk
  3rd of Jun, 2011
My experience was similar. I ordered a bed from them over a month ago. Have still not received it. I spoke with customer service reps on 5 occasions (after an average wait of 30mins to an hour on hold). I finally escalated to a manager, who was conveniently in a meeting. The situation was finally fixed on the system today. I got an update on their website that said that I would receive the product in another 20 days!!! I immediately called and cancelled my order. Steer clear of this company they woo you in with competitive prices and cannot deliver. Their customer service is awful. I am going to my local discount furniture store here in Austin (which I should have done originally). He can order for the same sources and will probably get it here quicker.
Ma
  18th of Mar, 2014
I ordered a chair from them which was delivered cracked and scratched with a leg that didn't match the other 3 legs. I called them they said they would get me out another chair and then let me know what to do about the damaged one. Well they did not do this. They sent me an email stating that they couldn't get me another chair and wanted me to take a $50 credit. I told them that was unacceptable and they have yet to resolve the matter. This has been going on for over a month.
Ji
  29th of Jun, 2016
Ordered a bed from Cymax. Shipment never arrived. Called to ask what happened, was asked to wait. Called again days later and was told the carrier had lost the item. Asked to cancel the order. Was told to wait for them to do a 72-hour search. Waited 3 days, was told my order would be canceled and fully refunded. Days later, no refund, called again: now they say they've found it again, so they can only process it as a return, meaning that I will be charged shipping and restocking fees! I am currently disputing the charges through my credit card.

Cymax Stores Logo Cymax Stores