CTU Onlinefraud and cheating

I spent 2 years and borrowed over $30, 000 in student loans to achieve my associates degree. After waiting for many months for my degree to arrive in the mail I finally called to find out when they were going to send it to me. To my surprise I was told I still owed the school $1500.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Colorado Springs, CO I enrolled in the bachelor's program, I was then sent an email stating that I had enough in student loans to cover the bachelor's program and the left over amount from the associates program, however the degree will not be sent to me until March of 2009.

If they have all the money I owe them for both programs, shouldn't I be entitled to my hard earned associates degree diploma? I finished the associates program in April of 2008.

Comments

• Ka
      Jan 14, 2009

people need to know wat is going on and by this website people can find the bad things too

• Ka
      Jan 14, 2009

but r u getting it?
    cuz im taking a bachelor course here too and i wanna make sure that it actually works i dont want to work hard and pay so much if im not gonna get my degree.. let us know if u actually get it?

• Cu
      Apr 23, 2009

My courses ended in December of 2008 and I received my diploma in January of 2009...I am sorry you are having issues

• La
      Jul 12, 2009

My husband attended CTU online starting Oct 2008. When it was time to fill out his fafsa, I told him I could help him with it. When he told the lady with CTU, she got hateful and said she was already on the phone and was going to. She refused to tell me anything about the process. My husband also told them that there was no way he could afford school unless he had finacial aid for cost of living. He was told that was not a problem. He was also told that his class schedule would work around his job.

In December, he still had heard nothing about his finacial aid and CTU was no help. We lost our internet and he could not continue to make his classes. When we finally found out something, he had been withdrawn and only then did he get the finacial aid company's contact info. coincidently, it was through a division of my bank.

CTU Online submitted his name incorrectly. His middle name was not recognizable and caused his fin aid to be denied. My husband was trying to enroll in our local college and had to have the transcript from CTU. We submitted documentation of his name directly to the company providing his loans. Then we found out that he was not even getting enough to pay the fees associated with his school costs, just the actual tuition. We still had to come up with another $57. The person we talked to then (this guy would actually talk to me) described a paper my husband signed waiving rights to extra fin aid. My husband said the woman told him it was "standard paperwork" that he had to sign to attend. When I told this guy that my husband has a learning disablility and the woman would not let me be involved so I could look over the paperwork, he just apologized and said he couldn't do anything about it.

We also found out that my husband was withdrawn and not given credit for assignments that he turned in. His withdrawl date was 2 weeks before we lost our internet, some of his grades had disappeared. When he had logged in everyday before the internet was shut off, it still showed him as enrolled.

The worst comes now. Because of the transcript problem, my husband could not enroll at our local college in the summer. We paid the $57 and then paid to have his transcript rushed to our local college. It has been over 2 weeks and our request is listed as received, but not processed.

CTU Online will screw you over, then make it difficult to transfer anywhere else. And CTU Online's excuse for withdrawing my husband is that he did not attend required chats that were hosted while he was at work. These never fell on the same day or time, so it was impossible to work around. Saying they work around your schedule is another big CTU lie.

Most likely, if you check into it, the $1, 500 you owe is the fees the school charges and you won't get anything from them until you pay out of your own pocket. Even then, it seems there is no guarantee when you will see that degree.

• Hf
      Jan 03, 2010

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but a lot of the things you are complaining about here are just common sense. You should always apply for student aid and wait for it to be processed before starting classes so you know how much you are actually getting. If a representative from the school couldn't talk talk to you about your husband's FAFSA, you should have just called FAFSA (there number is on their website) and talked to them directly. You're going to school online, therefore, if you can't get to school online you'll be withdrawn. That's just common sense. If you don't show up for class for awhile at a regular brick and mortar college, you'll be withdrawn. I remember when I went to a community college that if you missed more than three days of class you failed. Also, from the very beginning, CTU constantly reminds students to have a backup computer available for emergencies. Did your husband try going to the public library to complete his classes?

I don't understand how you could have not known the breakdown of your charges. You can click right on the "Accounts" section and see a breakdown of all of your tuition, charges, and fees. Furthermore, all of your signed Cash Agreements are available for viewing online. You're excuse about them saying he missed required chats is a bunch of crap. CTU doesn't require you to go to the chats live, or at all actually. They are optional and all recorded so you can view them whenever. When you log onto your class it shows your last date of attendance. If you don't attend for more than three days they email you and start calling you. Therefore, it's not like you couldn't have seen this coming.

The only thing I agree on is that they are a little slow in processing paperwork.

• Ni
      Mar 30, 2010

CTU ONLINE bunch thieves they took my money $3000 for a class that I did not take it . I withdraw. Now, I am stuck with a loan that I did not ask for but unfortunaly, I was stupid and sign a paper and they did the numbers to take my money! PLEASE< WE NEED PROTECTION AGAINST THOSE THIEVES

• Mi
      Jul 06, 2010

I have no bad experiences with CTU Online I am glad that I decided to attend. I lost my job and thought it was time to go back to school and at least get my Associates Degree. It has not been easy but honestly htat is my own fault. I started taking two classes at a time. They had me on payment plan. Then I changed to one class per quarter it has been a lot easier. I will graduate in June of 2011 and i started in August of 2009. I have had a little struggle with the math classes. But all in all it has been a great deal of fun. CTU doesn't require you to go to the chats live, or at all actually. They are optional and all recorded so you can view them whenever. When you log onto your class it shows your last date of attendance. I feel that a lot of the complaints listed here are just people not doing what they needed to do. I did everything right. When I started they told me I had to pay an old student loan before I could get the new one I did and three days later I started class. I started with a cash agreement and when I could no longer pay they helped me reschedule classes so I could continue without a cash agreement.

• Th
      Jul 21, 2010

I am glad that some people had a decient experience with CTU online, but mine has been quite different. First, I was set back 3 months because I had to switch teachers in my JAVA 1 program because he had such an accent that I could not understand a word that he was speaking. Immediatly after the school withdrew me from the class because I was not aloud to switch teachers, they switched teachers for the entire class. I did receive money back from that class after many phone calls, but I was still set three months back. Recently, I had an awful instructor who actually lied about posting source code. If you have to explain to an IT instructor what source code is, then it is in my opinion that that person should no longer be an instructor. Again, after multiple phone calls I was paid back for my period in that class as well. Finally, I just recieved a bill for around $250 that said it was past due on 7/15/10 for my student financial agreement. I checked my accounts and the school still owes me $600 and there has been no agreement signed. The due date on the signed agreement is 7/19/10. Anyone can understand that if an agreement is due on a date prior to the payment someone in accounting has seriously screwed up. Since then I have been withdrawn twice, not on my own accourd, placed back in the class they had already paid me for, netting me an F against my 3.95 GPA. Finally they got me back on schedule and today I received my third notice of withdrawl. This school is rediculous. I am looking into Phoenix, and have been in contact with them, and they are stating that most of my classes will transfer. In fact the school is ranked number one in online universities yet costs less. I urge users to stay away from Colorado Technical University. Luckly, I used to run an Oil Buisness, and am still a consultant for that buisness. I have been in negotiations with my attornies I believe that the school is in for finacial loss. Save yourself the stress and stay away. In addition to all of this they have there own department posting comments on this obviously "hfybny ". I have seen this from many shaddy companies in the past and this is simply just another one of those. I will deliver my attornies' papers to the school directly today. Lets see how tough those little student advisors are when face to face with the person they decided to get an attitude with.

• Bu
      Jul 31, 2010

um, nikkiryan, considering NO CLASS at CTU costs anywhere near $3000 we all know you're just mad that you can't spell or write worth a darn. You probably failed a class trying to turn in an assignment with the same horrible writing technique you used in this post and are just bitter.

For all reading these posts... take them with a grain of salt and look at the quality of the content. Would you have passed these people? Didn't think so.

• Uk
      Mar 27, 2018

@BunchofWhiners CTU charged me 3200.00 per class.

• Hm
      Aug 28, 2018

@Ukr Your comment is also 8 years after the original post by @bunchofwhiners

• Kl
      Sep 01, 2010

i feel the school is great when it comes to the instructors and class work my kids can follow this the only problem i am having is with financial aid i can't get a good answer on my refund ive been told 5 different dates and there is some kind of problem with the pell grant my pell grant was to be posted 7/14/10 but nothing yet one reason was they submitted my name wrong but i was told that has been corrected but still no pell grant i have been attending here for some months now and my sister signed up for school last week she is also taking online classes but at a different school guess what she already has her pell grant someone tell me whats wrong.

• Ct
      Oct 16, 2010

Alright, I don't know where to start here. 1: IF it was a scam, would the government "FAFSA" even host it, and it become an accredited school? (SP?) Answer is NO

For all you dumb [censor] who don't know your S from your $ they used you. Sorry to say. They used you. They take idiots who KNOW they can't do school and get their money, then after they get your money, put you through [censor] classes to get you in debt, then throw you into hard ones which your small brain is unable to comprehend so you get kicked out. I am attending CTU and having no problems except dealing with people who can't spell their own name, let alone use APA format. Stop complaining. You knew what you got into, you're just not intelligent enough to realize what happened, that is no reason to put out a scam report on them.
    Yes, the enrolling methods are strange, they lie, and cheat, and talk their way into your brain. They are SCHOOLED to do this. That is what they are there for, just like that brand new coffee machine on the TV for 19.99. Get your damn head on straight and try attending a community college first to see if you can even MAKE it in college.

Sorry, but the "they stole from me" [censor] just has to stop. You people just didn't work hard enough, and are blaming CTU.

Do you get a diploma?

If you didn't, do you think so many people would be going, and that they would be accredited now?
    Again, answer is NO! Duh.

I'm 21, and I have a 3.71GPA at this school, I have been attending since January 2010. Stop [censor]ing. Get a clue, they aren't out to steal your money, the stuff you're learning can be used in other places, they are taking your money because you're paying to sit on your fat [censor] at home and eat your cornchips and go to school in your PJs.

My god. Grow a brain people.

• De
      Oct 03, 2018

@CTUannoyedStudent Maybe you need to grow a brain do you ever consider that people have children, illness and other things going on in their lives that may prevent them from going to college and that online may very well serve their purpose. You are 21, in considerate and don't know a thing about life. If you have the brains you think you have you would be more concern about how to get a solution rather than bad mouthing people reasons for attending school online. I went to CTU earn my degree and no I didn't sit in pajamas. I worked a full time job had children to attend to, so this worked well for me; did I have some issues with them yes I did were they fixed no they weren't, in closing keep your negative 21 year old; never lived life self out of others peoples business at your age you have no idea what people have or are going though if you can't help with a solution than you are the Problem.

• Jm
      Oct 27, 2010

Choosing CTU has not been a mistake in my book. You are provided the information and it is your decision to use it! I feel these people who are complaining just couldn't make it. The math is a _itch and when you are taking two classes this can be a problem, if you are not motivated.

Jan 04, 2011

What you have is a product of private business. CTU is for-profit institution use to silent people. Hey, but that's business. What we're doing is paying for degrees to get a job. That in itself is frustrating. I've worked for them and if you're in a good space about your student experience-good for you. However as an insider.. it's down right brutal. It is a sweat shop. 90% of employees in the the financial aid department hate it there. I wish I could deviate from the truth to soothe you but it is what is. Do the numbers.. if it makes sense to you then great if it doesn't run fast before you regret it. I ran and I'm not promoting the middle East. It's more than advantageous to get multiple sides of the story.

Jan 04, 2011

Also, be careful with term "accreditated" and do your research. Some programs offered by CTU are non transferrable. I know you guys are smart but entities like to be that much smarter. It's business when it's for profit and never forget it.

"accredited< that is

• Ha
      Aug 27, 2011

I love CTU. I have had no problems with them at all. Then again I just started. I do admit the classes are a lot harder then Ashford( school I transfered from) but it just makes me feel like i earned the grade I recieved. For the people that complain about them not giving you the extra finanical aid when you want it, get over it your there to learn not to get paid. You want money go get a job.

• Ce
      Aug 31, 2011

CTU Truth:

CTU is a degree mill.

Pass this video along to other CTU past and current students via Facebook. It's time the word gets out regarding CTU deceiving business practices and acreditation issues. CEC the corporation that owns CTU is under Federal Investigation for many unlawful practices.

• Se
      Apr 25, 2013

I began the process of enrolling to CTU- online a couple of weeks ago. I'm a very impulsive and impatient person but I'd decided that I would not make that mistake when it came to my education. I'd begun doing extensive research about the school, and I was horrified by what I'd read from former and current students. It seems most of the issues are with financial aid which was a huge red flag for me. I'd figured that the negative feedback would stand out more so than the positive, however, the problem with that is there really was not much positive feedback in regards to CTU. What prompted me to withdraw from the school immediately was when I found myself filling out an agreement with CTU to take control of my financial aid. I unchecked nearly every box with the exception of two. It was rejected, even though it clearly states in the disclaimer that you are entitled to decline anything on the list. It was rejected not once, but twice. I'm not comfortable just blindly handing over money that I am borrowing from the Dept. of Education. I thought online schooling was right for me. I'm a military spouse, I do not exactly have the luxury of going to a traditional school between deployments and moving every couple of years. The financial aspect of for profit schools are completely unethical and it's disgusting that these businesses are taking advantage of military families and lower income folk who are already at a disadvantage. Please, if you are considering going to one of these schools, read EVERYTHING and do not hesitate to ask questions. Research the reputations of these schools and take your time when making a decision. I do hope you will reconsider, though. Seek out distance learning from your local community college or state university. You'll not only pay much, much less but you'll receive a more respected and quality education. Good luck.

• Dr
      May 07, 2013

Please note that I am a Doctor of Management who graduated from CTU in 2011. I have been fighting the school internally since 2010 due to their fraudulent business practices, online course manipulation (especially with the overwhelming online plagiarism in the Doctorate of Management program from [protected]). I have had current and former employees complain repeatedly to me about Career Education Corporation (the corporate CEC that owns CTU) as well as have had their own financial air representatives complain about the school. I have seen a former Dean, Dr. Joanne Preston (Dean of Management for the Doctorate program) wander around the campus drunk as well as have had numerous corroborations from employees and other graduates. The school finally told her to leave or be fired in the end of 2011. The plagiarism has allowed CTU's doctorate program to grow to almost 300 people, allowing (mainly foreign students) up to 100% of information to be copied into online forums which represent 30% of their course grades. I have fought this extensively internally, and now plan to make it fully public. Separately, the Electrical Engineering program (which I attended after I graduated with my Doctorate of Management) on campus has had numerous failings where they have been denying students resources to complete labs, manipulated tests by repeatedly giving the exams when entire classes were failing, provided direct answers online in advance of tests and then gave tests on those exact problems and answers, fraudulently took financial aid funds that should have been tied to student loans and tried to make me pay for them out of pocket, and had their Dean of Electrical Engineering, Dr. Kathy Kasely, flat out lie to students and manipulate test scores. This affects military personal, their spouses, VA VocRehab funded students, GI Bill students, and those receiving standard federal stafford loans (such as myself, although I am a service-disabled USAF veteran). I have already filed initial complaints with Congressman Doug Lamborn's office as well as the Goverment Accountability Offices recommended senate subcommittee HELP (health, Education, Labor & Pensions). I plan on moving forward with a local group of awareness called "CTU is not for you!", in an attempt to let military personnel as well as local residents in Colorado Springs become aware of what this for-profit university has been doing. BBB complaints regarding their financial aid practices are brushed off. Higher Learning Commission and ABET Accreditation complaints are in progress.

• De
      Jul 07, 2013

I have to agree with CTUannoyedstudent. You get what you put into it. I have never had any issues with CTU and I have been attending it for a year. You pay for the privilege of going to school from home. I have done college both ways and I find that online classes are much easier on my schedule than going to a traditional school. With those schools, you have to work your schedule around them and if you can't attend because you can't go when the class is offered, you are out of luck. CTU allows me to work a normal workday and still successfully attend college at night and on the weekends. Yes, you have to be a self-starter and yes, you have to be disciplined to attend online school. No one is going to be up your butt to make sure you attend class and are doing the work. I really feel that CTU does need to start using actual entrance requirements though. This should stop all of these [censored] posts. When you allow just anyone to attend college, you are going to get people that need to be removed from the gene pool

Jan 02, 2014

CTU is not for everyone. But on the other hand CTU is a great opportunity for many. For me being active duty Navy this school is perfect. CTU gives me the opportunity to complete a degree that is accredited enough to give me extra points to get promoted and to attend a "C" school that require pre-reqs. I have absolutley no complaints other then they are slow with paper work.

Look at the peoples posts that relate a bad experience with CTU. Notice how their grammar and sentence structure is absolutely horrible. As a teacher, would you pass these people? Sure hope not.

• En
      May 14, 2014

I use to think CTU was a great school. When I started struggling in class, I decided to quit school. I was working over time at work and did have the time to do the work. So I contacted my advisor to have her discourage me. My GPA went in the toilet. I am trying to unenroll now and they are still trying to discourage me. I now believe it is all about the money because I use my GI Bill to attend school. That is guaranteed money. Next time I will attend a not for profit school.

• Ro
      Aug 19, 2014

CTU is a scam operation that takes advantage of those looking for an education, I was taken for $15000 and I have nothing but debt to show for it. They enticed me to change from and associates degree to a bachelors degree due to financial aide availability. It just kept going on and on, then they tried to entice into a masters degree program, that's when I left. They need to be investigated by the Dept of Education for fraud!

Feb 09, 2015

CTU has a statement for everything someone has said that was wrong, , , , , , THEY DO HAVE THERE OWN TEACHERS and ETC, MAKING HARSH NASTY COMMENTS 2 EVERYONE, that says something went WRONG'' THIS IS AN OUT RAGE))) DUE 2 READING ON 37 UNIVERSITY'S THIS WAS by far the ONLY 1 that I have seen responding IMMEDIATELY after a comment, no later then 2 EXACTLY on target))) IF by chance these are STUDENTS which I DOUGHT ' this university HAS INFACT THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL SET OF STUDENTS IN ALL THE USA ))) AND FOR THAT ALONE, ((( CTU NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN, , , , I N D E F I N I T E, , , , !!! BECAUSE I WOULD JUST DIE IF I SENT MY CHILD TO A LEARNING INSTITUE 2 BECOME THE FOUL MOUTH HOODLUM, that could have stayed on the STREETS and picked up BETTER COMMUNICATION SKILLS then this so called ETHICAL COLLEGE, SMH""" THIS is sad, UNHEALTHY, AND A OUTRAGE TO HUMAN SOCIETY' 2 TRAIN PEOLPE TO be so Nasty, and Rude and CRASS 2 the well being of NEW COMERS in the WORLD OF EDUCATION.

• Se
      Sep 23, 2015

CTU has taken advantage of veterans. I am fortunate enough to receive Financial Aid as well as the Post 911 GI Bill chapter 33. Something out of the ordinary happened last week. The VA claims that they are taking a bit longer to process my August BAH ( Basic Allowance for Housing) payments as well as my tuition payment to CTU. My tuition for September 07 2015 was stated at $5850.00+/- . I spoke to the VA and they informed me that payments were taking longer due to the time of year and new enrollments. So I checked on my payments due section with CTU. To my surprise there is another payment due of $5850.00+/- which is due by 19 October 2015. Since the balance due after the Govt's financial aid will kick in was $2600.00 naturally the remainder of my GI Bill payment of $5850.00 should leave me with a chunk of change ($3250.00) to be exact. Now CTU decides to post the newer tuition payment amount of $5850.00 and that will leave me with a due amount of $3250.00. Confusing I know, however they do not have the right to hold on to any funds that are left over after the tuition is payed. By federal law they must release those funds immediately and no later than 14 days. I tried calling and writing emails but for some reason nobody wishes to deal with the extra tuition payment or at least explain why it is there. The fact of the matter remains, they do not have the authority to hold any disbursements beyond 14 days. If they cheat me out of my refund, they along with the VA will not only hear from my congressman with whom I have already written on the subject, they will hear from my lawyer as well. These funds are meant as a supplemental income. I am disabled and can no longer enjoy working heavy construction or even stand on my feet for any long amount of time. It is fraudulent practices any way that you look at it, from both the school and the Veterans Administration. I served my time in combat where I earned my disability after being shot as well as falling 15 feet and landing on my neck and upper back. The GI Bill is a contract and the VA's actions are a breach of contract. Just FYI, they also like to screw you if you owe them any money. After you agree to pay back whatever it is that you owe, the VA decides to split up your monthly BAH payment and hit you twice with the agreed upon amount. Nice huh? This repeated abuse by the VA and CTU has me literally days away from being homeless. I am 22 days late on rent and 20 days late on power. It's just so wonderful how they take care of those who provided a blanket of security which they slept under. I provided that blanket for 8 1/2 years as a Special Operations soldier. I have lost everything that I own due to the same game being played for almost two years now. All that I have left is an old non running 1986 F-150 and my HONOR. So if you are planning on calling me a [censored] like some of you have named others, well it just goes to show how ignorant that you really are ! Good luck everyone and I wish you the best ! Ranger Rick OUT !

• Me
      Sep 24, 2015

I recently attended CTU for two quarters and the first quarter I was told its okay to start and deal with financial aid later. So I start and do my fafsa and everything seemed fine. Well after two quarters I get locked out of my classes I call and try to find out why and the reason is because I have an unpaid balance. I ask why and how I submitted my fafsa and they tell about me needing official transcripts and official withdrawal letters from my previous college. I get them all that information and called back and they told me they see all the forms I gave them and I still was locked out. So I re enrolled back in my old college and started getting phone calls from them. I had a balance of 3, 231.42 just for attending two quarters. I call and speak to financial aid again and got not results. Most of my balance cane from me not finishing the quarter which they kicked me out of for no reason. After I was told my forms was submitted on time. So now I can't get my transcripts from them and I'm stuck with a balance. Do not ever go there..

Oct 20, 2015

Where to begin...
    CTU Admissions harassed me by phone and email from the moment that I requested information regarding their Masters of Computer Science program from their web site. Basically, once they know about you, they will hound you until you enroll. As a matter of fact, after I was enrolled, I still received emails from their admissions department begging me to enroll.
    The CTU admissions team constantly requested documents that I had already provided, including FAFSA info and transcripts from prior schools.
    I was told that I needed to take a Discrete Math course in order to begin the Masters CS program, despite the fact that I had completed the same course in my Bachelor degree less than a year beforehand. Since my employer pays for most of my tuition, I didn't raise a fuss about retaking this course, but in hindsight, it appears to be purely a money-grab by CTU.
    Once I began the Masters program, I received 1, 337 welcome letters from the admissions department, one per hour, on the hour until my first course began. Despite continued reports to their help desk, CTU's IT department was never able to fix the issue. The problem spontaneously resolved. I had to set up a rule in Outlook to move the messages to a spam folder. Another red flag, I know, but I was reassured by admissions that this had no bearing on the quality education that I would be receiving. These people are silver-tongued devils. They call multiple times per week to make sure you're still on the hook. In retrospect, this is the only time in my life that I would have preferred lack-of-communication or a robocall.
    Finally, to get to the meat of my disgust with CTU, I'll cite Dr. Tim from his previous post to this forum and back up his observation of the rampant plagiarism that goes on within the courses. Students, with foreign-sounding names, will copy other students' discussion board posts, run the text through some sort of word-replacement app, and regurgitate the result onto the DB as their own posts. These students are never removed from the course, and are still posting their plagiarized bilge on the DBs at the end of the course. I've seen them plagiarize each other also. In one post, a legitimate student had posted on the topic of Round Robin processor scheduling. One plagiarist turned Round Robin into "Circular the boy wonder" only to have his "work" plagiarized by yet another "student" who changed his text to "Circular the kid wonder".
    When I confronted the instructor about this, he wouldn't respond to email. I then confronted him in a live chat and all he would say is that the university uses TurnItIn and since their OV scores were low, he couldn't do anything about it. My "success coach" also turned a blind eye on the issue, stating that she "didn't see anything wrong" with what the plagiarists were posting. I found it interesting that her tone changed immediately when I brought up the issue of plagiarism. It was almost like she was reading a script after that point, curious.
    To those who are defending CTU in this forum, I can only assume that you are trying to preserve what little worth your degree at this institution still holds. And for the naysayers who will disregard my comments because "I couldn't hack it" in higher education, I currently hold an 'A' grade level in the Masters level course in which I'm currently enrolled at CTU; the two previous courses that I have completed here were graded at 100% (as in I didn't miss a single point on any assignment). I'll be finishing this worthless class and then saying goodbye and good riddance to CTU.

• Te
      Dec 15, 2015

As a graduate of CTU, I can say first hand that the quality of the education is lacking and the quality of your diploma is suspect. If you apply with the State of Colorado for a teaching licence, they will only count a 4 credit course as 2.5 credits. When I went to work for a Tech Company and used my education as a pay level justification, I was told, "CTU degrees do not count towards pay level justification as anyone can take a class there and get an A without doing anything." The degree is not worth the paper it is printed on, much less the 50K of student debt for the MBA and the MSM that I received.

• Be
      May 09, 2016

I attended CTU Online from 2009 to 2013; in which time, I received an ASBA, BSBA, as well as a Master of Science in Management. I am also a Lifetime member of the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society. While I may not fully agree with all of their practices, I cannot blast them as some of you have. I have $101, 000 in student loans, but that's not CTU"s fault; it's mine! I did not have any problems with the financial aid department, because whenever I felt the need, I asked questions! I didn't stop until I got the answer I was looking for. As for the classes, instructors, and the entire curriculum, things went very well; which should be obvious because of how long I stayed! I never repeated a class, and graduated each program with at least a 3.5 GPA. I know I could have done better, but that too was my fault. Either there were times when I didn't fully apply myself, or "life happened." So, all-in-all, the only thing I can say to any student that's currently enrolled is USE YOUR HEAD as well as all of the resources the school has to offer. If the resources are there for you, it's your responsibility to utilize them! I hope it gets better for you all! Good luck and Best Wishes!

Respectfully,

Robert L. Lewis

• Fa
      May 31, 2016

I obtained both my BS and MS from CTU... I never had any issue with billing (except the price!!!) or financial aid, or harassing phone calls. Over all my experience while I was a student was fairly positive. My problem came after graduation with the "career services" department. I was under the impression that their job was to assist students and graduates in finding employment in their field of study. First off, it was not until about 3 years AFTER I graduated that they started looking at careers in the criminal justice field. Secondly, I was told that I just needed to "google the field you are looking in." REALLY???? Because after all this I'm too stupid to figure this one out for myself??? So much for assistance!!! I think that entire department is nothing but a huge joke! And now I have been seeing rumors that CTU is now under investigation for inflating their post-graduation employment rates. I think that is worth looking into as some or all of the student loans may be forgiven if this is the case (the same thing happened with Everest college and a few others).

Sep 06, 2016

Honestly CTU is getting over and will leave a debt that you digging for your self, I 10 thousand dollars and I was there only 6 months. I left the school due to the left hand doesn't have a clue what the right is doing. Everyone is from CEO to lower of the ban wagon is for a profit. You may like this but ask yourself do you really wanna be 85 years old when paying back a student loan for a less accredited online college that will continue to rack up $$$wealth off you because they know for a key factor CTU can enroll you with federal student aid and be oversee of how your loans are disbursed unknowlinly to you and you rarely just see its easy to make a student loan backed by such company Yet you are thousand dollars in debt with possibly not the job you are aiming for when taking this online course for higher Salary, Wage move up in the company..please wake up

• Me
      May 03, 2017

I attended Ctu Online from 2010 to 2013. I did receive my associates degree in medical billing and coding. I then went on to my bachelor's degree in criminal justice. This is where things got messed up. Before I enrolled in the bachelor's program I asked did I have enough student loans to complete the program. I was told yes. Halfway through my program I got a call saying that I had no more student loans left and I wanted to get my degree I would have to pay $6000 out of pocket. Keep in mind I didn't fail any class, didn't have to retake any classes, so how have I used all my student loans. Let me go back for a minute. About a month after getting into the bachelor's program. I get a call that they messed up my Pell Grant because the put down that I was only taking one class at a time when I was actually taking too, so I became responsible for the money that was paid out due to their mess up. Also when they told me I didn't have any student loans left I withdrew because I didn't have $6000 so they charged me for a class I never took and then charged me for the $900 and something Pell Grant that they messed up. So know here I can't get my transcript to even go to an in state college to finish my degree until I pay them $2000 dollars of which I do not feel I should have to pay them. Don't get me wrong in the beginning I loved Ctu but to mislead people and hold them responsible for their mess ups is wrong. So to the people that think some people are dumb, let me be clear on this when I graduated with my associates degree I had a 4.0, so I am by far dumb, nor did I chose to go to online because I am lazy. I chose to go to school online because I have been to a regular college and was not comfortable plus having three children was a lot tuff, so don't put somebody down for going online cause I was on the dean's list and did very well online because that is what I was comfortable with. The only issues I every had with CTU is their financial aid. I am having them investigated because that is wrong that I can't finish school after I was told I had enough funds to finish.

Dec 22, 2018

I would like to know if anyone attending CTU has experienced a problem with the grading system? I am having a problem with the grading system by way of not having enough time to respond to an error or omission that may have occurred on my part.

Jul 03, 2019