CSW / Ringtone scam

They tell you you get a free ringtone. Then they charge you $5.99 a week for a subscription you did not ask for. They continue to charge you until you call to cancel the subscription you did not want in the first place. The phone carrier see this as an authorized Third Party charge and bills it to your phone bill.

Description Alerts-71769 CSW Alert

Comments

• Ri
      18th of Jan, 2008

I had same problem. Then Sprint advises they can't help. I've been paying my regular Sprint charges and leaving off the CSW charges. Now Sprint threatens to disconnect service b/c of the csw crap. Didn't ask for it, didn't know what the heck is was, finally, on my own, got online and found out how to get rid of it...Spring now help at all. Changing carriers when contract is up

4th of Feb, 2008

How did you get the text mssages to stop?..

• Ki
      21st of Feb, 2008

Right. It is a third party billing. I used to work at T-Mobile, so I know how these scams work. It's not a scam by your carrier though. You are getting billed by a third party. The ONLY ringtones that are free are the ones that come on your phone when you get it. Seriously! Never even visit any site that claim they will give you a "free" rigntone... if they ask for your mobile number - that's all they need to start billing away. What you have to do to stop the billing is call the third party billing (your carrier has all the phone numbers and can tell you what 3rd party is billing you). Your carrier will give a few courtesy credits, but cancelling the subscribtion is up to the individual. All of these "free" ringtones are a SCAM! Nothin is free..not the jokes, not the ringtones, not the horoscopes. READ the fine print!!!

• Aa
      21st of Feb, 2008

csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/03 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/10 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/17 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/24 charge 5.99

I would like to have this removed from my phone and i don't want to be charged for this since i didn't subscribe.

• Mo
      10th of May, 2008

How do you get it off the bill!! Multiple charges un asked for! Sprint is no help. are other wireless companies having the same problem.
    Help

• Ds
      12th of Aug, 2008

I complained to the BBB last week, I got multiple charges, the same situation with Sprint, they don't know who this people are. There for I included there name in my complain. If everybody makes a complain I believe we can go somewhere.

• Li
      25th of Sep, 2008

I work for a construction company, and these charges just started up without subscribing to them. The charges were actually connected with a "data card" number for a computer. I feel that they somehow hacked into that...
    I e-mailed: care@ringtonetimes.com to ask that the subscription be stopped. They DID respond and said that they would cancel. I had CSW and funmobile charges on our bill for. I believe that they are responsible for both. We changed the number also, since it was just a data card number.
    We will be watching our bill in the future VERY CLOSELY.

• Wh
      9th of Feb, 2009

The Complaint is very correct.. I recently received a $9.99 Charge to My cell phone bill. I Contacted Sprint via email. Explaining that I never authorized this charge and that I would like for them to block this from happening again. They also credited me for the charge without me asking. Very fast and very simple. I also called the 877 number for CSW and made sure it was canceled and that I would not be charged again. They confirmed it. This all took about 10 minutes. I usually call sprint with any complaints I have but found it easier to e-mail them. They seem to respond quicker and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours at a time.