Crystal Bay Caterer / Chef & Owner Sam LoPiccolosanitation and professionalism

S Apr 04, 2018 Review updated:

My initial complaint, from personal experience with Crystal Bay Caterers, was kitchen state, food handling procedures and general sanitation - which was latter reinforced by reviewing this companies Florida Health Reports (on line). One of by big issues is kitchen staff not washing hands at all, let alone wearing gloves when handling food. This information of poor sanitation is also available online on the Tallahassee Democrat.

Back up to the above is a site called HealthCodeViolation. This web site lists 281 restaurants and catering companies in Boca Raton.
• 224 have Zero violations, 80 %
• Crystal Bay Catering has 11, which is a worse score than 246 other food service companies in Boca.
• Crystal Bay Catering has a worse health inspection score than 88 % of all the Boca Raton food services. If this was a test on a Bell Curve, Crystal Catering would get a "-D". from a generous teacher.

What is more concerning was owner Sam LoPiccolo reaction to a good faith customer review - see complaint online by google "University of Alabama Compliance Office Code of Conduct Violation Birmingham Alabama" A copy of the letter he sent was scary, and that is a mild example. What was even more scarier was that before he sent that email to me, he was harassing my wife at her place of work. Why would he and email my wife to make me take down my reviews I did? That behavior is what you expect in a Martin Scorsese Mafia movie, not a catering company chef in Boca Raton.

Desirable resolution would be instead of sending me nasty emails threatening legal action for a legitimate review/warnings, Sam LoPiccolo with Crystal Bay Caterers just cleans up his kitchen. We already have one documented instance in Dec 2017 of people getting sick over his food. See Yelp review Crystal Bay Caterers by Barbara K. @ Delray Beach, FL.

• Updated by Sandra 123456789 · Apr 01, 2018

Big issue is unprofessionalism, thugish behavior - I have issued a few complaints on web sites like this based upon two customer experiences - and overall sanitation concerns - details see scam report "Crystal Bay Caterers Sam LoPiccolo Catering Concerning Health Inspection report - consistent violations and fines and fines going back to 2012 Boca Raton Florida" Report: #1383074. and "University of Alabama Compliance Office Code of Conduct Violation Birmingham Alabama" The owner keeps contacting my wife and threatening her to make me remove my reviews. Her HR department has Sam LoPiccolo on a company block list because of this. Last email exchange between myself and Sam LoPiccolo over customer service and that his harrassement had to stop was Feb 16 2018 - he has refused to respond.

• Updated by Sandra 123456789 · Jun 11, 2019

“This post was inadvertently posted and I hereby retract the post.”

Nov 17, 2019

My above post/review was inadvertently posted with wrong and misleading information on Crystal Bay Caterers and the owner and I hear by retract the post/review and any confusion it may have caused
    Sandra [protected]

Nov 17, 2019

@Jame Krik The reviews that I posted and am retracting were posted under the Sandra [protected] name

Nov 17, 2019

@Jame Krik The Sandra [protected] was an alias name that I used to post these incorrect reviews and comments