Creditors Interchange / Harassment

1 Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-302-255-8001

I received a phone call on June 24, 2009 at 7:30pm from Jason Zimmer of Creditors Interchange regarding my Juniper Account & that I hadtill 9pm to pay $2, 500.00. He stated if I didn't pay, that my husbands credit line would be frozen (he has nothing to do with my Juniper Account) we would be taken to court, both our wages would be garnished & I would have to pay all court & attorney fees. I asked if I could make payments, Jason said no, it had to be paid in full with in an 1 1/2 hours. He told me to look around my house find my husbands credit card and put in on that.
I asked why he even had my Juniper account. I had just made hardship agreement with Juniper for $50.00 a month for a year. They took my first payment on June 10th, 2009 ck#9000, then turned my account over to collections. He told me that Juniper decided they could get more money out of me by turning my account over to them.
On Thursday June 25th 2009 at 3:00p.m. a women from Creditors Exchange called to say she was a litigator and I had till 9pm to pay the $2, 500.00 in full or they were going to turn my account over to the attorney to be taken to court. I asked her for a letter to verify all of this in writing and she stated there wasn't any time for that.

More Creditors Interchange Complaints & Reviews

Comments

In
  27th of Jun, 2009

Yes, I contacted Juniper they agreed they did have a hardship agreement with me, but she could not tell me why they turned this over to collections. She also said that all the $50.00 payments had been deleted out of their system so they would not be taking anymore money out of my account. It makes me sick to think how these companies can treat you. Now I know why everyone is filing bankruptcy.

Pe
  10th of Sep, 2009

The BBB has had a file on CI since the 1960s!
The first complaint was filed less than TWO YEARS after the company was formed.

CI will say almost anything to get their money.
They're counting on you not knowing what rights you have and what Collections Agencies can or cannot do.

My wife & I were called on by CI & almost immediately were threatened with Legal Action if we didn't pay.
The 'gentleman' (I use this work *very* loosely to describe Mr David Quashie) was pushy, rude, & obnoxious. He refused to listen to anything we had to say for the sole purpose of trying to anger us and then has the CHUTZPAH to complain about your behaviour.
My wife & I made it very clear that If they wanted to deal with us, we demanded *another* person to talk to, a WOMAN (who was the complete opposite)
We hashed out an agreement with a *reasonable* payment plan (be firm on this. They will want as much as they can get. If you offer $25/month, they'll want $50 and so on)
Another thing that CI will try to do is to delay sending the Final Letter after you make that last payment.
Collections Agencies are required to do this within 30 DAYS of reciept of final payment.

And one final note...if you do happen to get called by these sleazebuckets, there is a way to really get them to toe the line.
They will always inform you that they are RECORDING the conversation.
Turn the tables on them and notify them that YOU are RECORDING THEM! (and please make sure that you really ARE recording the conversation)
They may refuse and vehemently demand you turn off you recorder...Either hang up and call back (you might get someone who will agree) or stick to your guns and tell them that if they wish to deal with you they'll have to abide with your recording the conversation.
Why do I say you should do this?
This totally short-circuits their script & standard modus operandi and forces them to play fair...any recording of them saying anything that they aren't supposed to do can be used as EVIDENCE