United Recovery Systems Complaints & Reviews

Resolved United Recovery SystemsHarassment and invasion of privacy

Received an Unsolicited phone call from a woman who without identifying herself started asking to speak to people that are not even members of my household. Her accent was almost decipherable at first. I felt like she was calling from a foreign country. I told her that I could not understand her and she simply continued to ask the same questions with that same accent I could not understand. She was asking me questions of a personal nature about me and others. She attempted to justify her outrageous tactics by saying that some person not in my household she had some legitimate business with. Bottom line I felt violated and spied upon. Plus I am sure she was lying to me because I have never done business with her or her company and I am sure that this was some scam designed to prey on the very elderly and infirm.

• Il
    IL houshold Jun 26, 2013

I member of my household had a very similar thing happen today. A rep "Jessica Steel" looking for a fictitious family member of my spouse of 20 years, making it seem there was an urgent issue with a family member. I called my spouse concerned we had an ill long lost relative. Caller ID showed a different company (Novolink) name than the person I spoke to cited. I asked that the call not be recorded and asked 2 times for my number to be removed from their records. I have documented this in case this bizarre incident recurs. I think this behavior is deplorable. What type of recourse do we have for behavior like this?

Resolved United Recovery SystemsDouble Dipping

The rep charged my bank account for a final pymt on a credit card after I distinctly said that the funds would not be available until the last working day of the month. When he called to tell me that the payment didn't go through it was already after the time that I gave him so I told him to go ahead and run my account again. He swore to me that due to company policy and procedures that he could only run the account once. We argued for over 20 minutes as to why I felt like he should run it again. I finally gave up and he told me the best way to handle the situation was to do a western union quick collect. I complained stating that I shouldn't have to inconvenience myself due to him not willing to give. The next day I went to my bank, withdrew the money and paid 7.00 to do the quick collect. Once I did that I tried calling the my rep back to give him the confirmation number, while I was on hold I looked at my bank account to see that they did indeed run my bank account after he was so sure that they couldn't! Now I've double paid on what was suppose to be my final payment. After being hung up on 3 times, being put on hold for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, my rep's manager gets on the phone and tells me that she can only wire me the money back to my checking account. I'm not rich thus the reason I was turned over to the agency. I needed that money put back in ASAP like the same day to avoid being charged NSF charges from my bank as I had other payments coming out the day she said that she'd have the money back in there. About an hour after speaking with her the rep calls me back and tells me that the wire has been done and that I wouldn't be charged the transfer fee. Well...I certainly hope not. I explained to him that none of this wouldn't happened had he not scewed up, he has the nerve to act confused and think he did nothing wrong. Plus the money was not in my account the next door, nor was it in my pending actions to show up the day after that. I honestly feel like a company like this harrasses a person until they get what they want and then could care less after the fact. I was harrassed on a daily basis until I was able to solidify an arrangement. Now I'm getting the run around over money that they know does not belong to them. I feel like I should be compensated for the hour missed of work from where they needed a copy of the cleared check from my bank, the 45 cell phone minutes they made me waste by putting me on hold, the $4 a gallon gas they made waste, and the fact that I had to hear "Queen of Hearts" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" for what seemed like 100 times! I've filed a complaint with the BBB in hopes of getting some heat put on them and the way that they practice business. I worked at a bank for almost 6 years and I know that policies and procedures can be bent.

United Recovery SystemsDeceptive Practices

This company United Recovery Systems has been calling every day demanding a balance owed for a car that was repossesesd from Nissan Motor Acceptance Co. out of Fort Worth, Texas. Since there were two different car notes with the same bank they are harrassing for $8, 000 for a 2005 Nissan Altima when it was half paid for. The balance owed was $12, 000. They said they only got $4, 000 in the auction for it when there wasn't anything wrong with it mechanically, or any body damage. Something was fishy right away. Now that one car is almost paid for they are trying to come back and threaten to sue for $8, 000 when they have the car! Why would anybody pay for a car they don't even have? Anyhow they finally called the other day and tried to settle for $4, 000. What a big drop in the balance owed for a car we don't even have anymore. Can someone please tell me is this deceptive practices? Can someone actually sue you for something they repossessed. The wrecker fee, and P.I. fee? To me this is all their dirty work they are trying to get us to pay now. We plan on getting an attorney and suiing them for deceptive practices.

• Ni
    nicoleashley2011 Feb 21, 2011

NO its only to legal for someone who is stupid to fall for it and not to know to have legal representation from a big wig attorney. There was never an option to pay the fee to get the car back in the first place that was owed. So that right there is deceptive practices. There is supposed to be at least 30 days to come up with the balance owed of late fees before anything else is enforced, and they refused that option which is deceptive. When you know your rights of the law that is when they do not win. My attorney is going to grill them.

• Ni
    nicoleashley2011 Feb 21, 2011

Check them out on [redacted]S. Also 25 complaints to the BBB stating deceptive practices. When not given the option to come up with balance within 30 days of reprocession that is DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. THIS is not done, and will be pursued till the joke is on them. Double billing is also deceptive practices...ITS called BALLING in the AUTO BIZZ! Everyone knows that old trick. Not to mention the car salesmen were all dishonest when they were selling their phone four year auto warranty wich was 3, 000 when it only cost the $200. Since I knew someone that worked in the car business I found out they were lying when they said the only warranty you could buy was four years. They were furious when we refused because all the car salesman split as a bonus check. Don't be fooled by this. NISSAN IS FRAUD.

• De
    Debtcollector TX Apr 28, 2011

Well i actually work for this company and m'am if you owed the money why are you complaning? Obviously you were not planning on paying a debt that you owe and now you want to get an attorney involved and you may not even be able to pay him.. UM seems like you have your priorties a little bunched up. I would try calling us back and see if we can do a below budget settlement with you because you default on a payment arrangement correct? your car was repo'd correct? the value was lower than you expected correct? Well guess what dear you owe the money.. Be blessed and pay your bill.

Resolved United Recovery SystemsFalse information provided from the collector, refusal of being aloud to speak to a supervisor

12-28-2009 I recieved a phone call for my sister-in-law on my cell phone. Explained that they had to wrong number and to remove me from their list.

12-29-09 My father recieved a phone call at his home. When I returned the call, Alisia at ext. 4226 was rude and refused to answer my quesion. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold. No supervisor was ever put on the phone so I had to call back to speak with a supervisor who was just as ignorant as Alisia. I was told that they had already spoke to my sister-in-law and it was earilier today. My sister-in-law did confirm this as a fact so my questions is why don't they have her information and why am I recieving harassing calls? I wanted my inforamtion removed and I was told that with the internet it may be possible to have more calls in the future. This response is unexceptable!

Resolved United Recovery SystemsCollection company calling family

Have past due dell account due to husband being in construction and that line of work being slow. I spoke with this collection agency a week ago, they said I was refusing to pay, I said im not refusing i am temporarily unable, they wanted me to set up check by phone I said no I will send in by the end of the month they then said so you are still refusing to pay.
Today my brother in law who lives 150 miles away called and said they called his home asking for my husband saying they had importand paperwork for him and to give him a message. First they have my contact info they didnt need to call him second arent they not allowed to ask 3rd party to pass on a message, I want to file a complaint where do I start, It is just wrong to call family and friends.

• Tk
    tkboston711 Jul 20, 2010

File a complaint with the FDC and then with your states attorney general. I just had the same situation except they called my wife and actually set up a payment plan with her!! They got balls and need to be stopped!!

• Am
    Amused2 Sep 17, 2010

What is wrong is taking people's money and not paying it back. Give up the satellite dish, the cellphone, the weekly restaurant meal and the high speed internet connection and pay your bills then no one will call you.

ToriFaery Aug 31, 2011

Well, my aunt owes a debt that URS is trying to collect. She has never lived with my grandmother nor does she now, however URS continues to call my grandmother every morning around 8am waking her up. They are looking for my aunt and my grandmother has told them she will tell my aunt but now the calls are annoying and she has asked them to stop calling repeatedly but the calls come every morning regardless. This is now a harassment issue since my grandmother is not the debtor and was not a co-signor for the debt and she has asked repeatedly for them to stop calling and my aunt does not and has never lived with her... What do we need to do to get the calls stopped?

Resolved United Recovery Systemsharrassment / rudeness

very rude & harassing ...
on 1st day they said " you have perfect credit, why are you ruining it by not paying this bill" .
after stating i am a construction contractor with little / no work for over 12 months. They asked how my bills were getting paid. I told them with the help of family / children.
They then demanded i give them phone # for children so they can discuss with them when this bill will be paid in full.
Hung up ... rcvd 2 nd phone call next day, asked to speak to a sprvsr. He was just as bad as the girl ... very pushy, demanding phone # / contact info for " people who are currently paying your bills".
I told them they where getting way personal & crossing the line.
They are a rude & harassing company ..

Resolved United Recovery SystemsHarrassment over Phone, Rude

I have been called several times over the past few months. I finally started calling them back because I have silver sterling credit with a high FICO score and no debt. After several attempts I finally got to the person who was calling me; she was extremely rude and hung up on me. It is not clear to me if the calls will stop or not. Her name is Santrel Freeman, [protected] x 7180.

Collector! Dec 09, 2009

PAY YOU'RE DEBT ! ! ! ! ! you can make out Post dated checks for as little as $15-25/month !!! . . . This has been an attempt to collect a debt, any information obtained will be used or that purpose and that purpose only.

• Ha
    Hanging on by a thread Jan 05, 2010

Have you not heard about the economy??? Some people are out of work and have been longer than six months. Pay the debt, thats your response. I can barely make enough from a part time job to even pay for necessary items, such as food. I like 90% of the population had stellar credit. It is not our fault the economy and the housing market tanked. I have lost everything and these companies call asking you if you can borrow the money from family or friends...are you kidding me!!! You tell them you don't have anything and they just keep calling. I told them when I am able to pay I will pay the creditor not them. They go on and on about how I need to contact them to pay the debt. I don't think so. I will pay who I owe and them only.

• Pr
    PRETTYANGEL109815 Nov 07, 2010

the creditor has given your acct to them BECAUSE YOU DID NOT PAY YOUR BILL... when nyou act irresposibly it is not in your control ... YOU WERENT THINKING ABOUT THE ECONOMY WHEN YOU WERE MAXING OUT THAT CREDIT CARD...STOP BEING A LOOSER AND PAY THE BILL... EVEN AN ATTEMPT TO PAY IS BETTER THAN NOTHING...IT WAS ALL GOOD WHEN YOU NEEDED THE CREDIT CARD AND NOW THAT YOU CANT USE IT YOU DONT WANNA PAY... I THINK IT SHOULD AGAINST THE LAW TO MAX OUT A CREIT CARD AND REFUSE TO PAY... PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WE ARE IN A RECCESSION

• Ng
    ngodzcr Nov 30, 2010

Obviously when she had stellar credit she WAS paying her bill. DUH...You can't have stellar credit and not make payments. I had my credit card for almost 20 years--ALWAYS made my payments--usually paying off the full balance. I've gone through several custody battles and had major lawyer fees with it, so now I'm not able to pay like I used to. I try to pay what I can--now it's like the last 20 years never existed. They don't care that I had wonderful credit. only care about the bottom line. So, "Pretty Angel", get your facts straight before you judge people. We're all going through issues. Also--use a dictionary. Pretty embarrassing for you...

Resolved United Recovery SystemsPhone calls and letters

We are recieving phone calls at home and they do not leave a message. They have started calling my place of employeement and will hang up when not allowed to speak with me and again they do not leave a message. When recieving letters at home they do not refer to a company name or account number. I have trying to ignore these calls and letters, but know they are calling my place of employeement and putting my jpb in jeopardy.

IowaGrl Dec 17, 2009

Debt collectors are highly motivated to convince debtors to pay the debt because they work on a commission. This business model has created the reputation for bill collection agencies that we know today.

The collector might engage in threatening behavior and harassment. However, like any other business they are governed by laws that prohibit certain abusive practices.

There are three reasons for a debt collector to contact you: your creditor has not received a payment from you within the time frame discussed in the contract; you are a victim of an identity theft meaning someone used your identity to obtain credit and didn’t pay it off; and finally, you might be contacted by collectors who are looking for someone other than you .

If you discovered that the debt is not yours, never pay it off simply to get rid of the collector. Also, never ignore the collector either. They will not stop contacting you, and may even file a lawsuit against you. If you are repeatedly being contacted by a collector looking for someone other than you, it may be considered a form of harassment. To stop this you need to send them a letter requesting to cease calls.

What a debt collector CANNOT do:

Use deceptive practices. For example, threaten you with arrest or trick you into paying for collection calls.
    Use obscene language.
    Call you at work after you tell them that your boss does not approve these calls.
    Deny you the right to receive a written notice (within five days after your first phone conversation) that would tell you how much you owe and the name of the creditor that says you owe the money. If you do not receive the notice within five days, call the collection agency and ask for its address and fax number. Then, send a letter to the collector noting its failure to send you the required notice. As a minimum, make a note in your file.
    Refuse to give its name and the name of the collection company when asked.
    Put a debt on your credit report if you file a dispute. It must validate the debt by obtaining a verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment from the creditor before continuing their collection efforts. The results of the investigation must be mailed to you.
    For more information on Fair Debt Collection visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fdc.shtm

You posting on here about pay your debt, , , , is all yours paid in full? Right know everyone is having problems in this economy. Noone wants to owe, but sometimes it comes down to putting food on table, medicine for your family and paying debts...I guarantee if you had this choice you take NOT paying the debt. Do not judge those who you do not know the reason why they are were there are.

• Da
    David I.S.A Dick Sep 02, 2010

Never ever pay a nickel to a debt collector. They have purchased your debt from your creditor and so the damage is already done.

Resolved United Recovery SystemsFraud and cheating

Your account was sent to URS because Capitol One sent your account to them. You apparently satisfied the agreement with URS. Unfortunatley, Capitol One is proceeding with a claim against you for the balance due.

This is NOT an issue with URS. Your complaint is with Capitol One Auto loans, not with URS. Why do you think you can ### about URS when your complaint is with the auto loan company. If you had paid your loan/commitment as YOU agreed to, you would have never had to deal with URS or continue with Cap One.

You people amaze me. You accept money (loan, credit card etc) and spend or enjoy the fruit of the loan and then ### and moan when they call you and ask for the money they extended you.

You borrowed it, pay it back. It's very simple. Life is tough for allot of us right now, but 99% of us are paying our bills, no matter what our situation is.

• Lo
    lolo1961 Sep 29, 2008

My 81 year old father receives daily calls from these VERY RUDE people trying to find my ex-sister-in-law. My brother has been divorced for 3 years. She has NEVER lived at my father's house nor does he know where she is. I need help to get these people to STOP!!! Any ideas?

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

Completely agree. If you cannot pay it, DON'T GET IT!!! And if you get it don't complain when companies try to get their money back for something you basically stole.

• He
    Herbert Rogers May 27, 2009

it's apparent this person is the Sage we've all been looking for.
    I guarantee this Sage is Single, with NO kids, and...oh did I mention...few friends.

• Ca
    candy.coated.catastrophe Jul 09, 2009

AMEN!!! YOU MUST BE A COLLECTOR LIKE ME, HUH? YOU ROCK!

JOE REPUBLIC Oct 22, 2009

United Recovery systems
    CHARLES SLATERY - WHAT A JACKASS - CRIMINAL COMPLAINT JUST FILED
    YOU HAVE BEEN TAPED HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Ky
    KyrstenALston Feb 17, 2011

Have a little class. tact and professionalism. Who writes a letter like this but some uneducated lout who can't forms any words to intelligently express a point.

• Tb
    T Burke Jul 18, 2011

United Recovery Systems Debt Collection has called countless times a day and has even called my neighbors and tried to solicit information from them. All of my neighbors they've harrassed are ALL on the DO NOT CALL LIST! That is an $11, 000 per violation offense.

Tracy B

• Ve
    Very Sick in Illinois May 08, 2013

What a completely RUDE comment. I do agree that if people borrow the money, they should pay it back but what about the people who get extremely sick, can't work anymore due to an illness, lost their jobs, etc. Get real, especially nowadays, due to the economy, people have major problems like losing their jobs, etc. Everyone can't be as lucky as you are. Things happen and nothing can be done about it so think about what people may be going through instead of just running your mouth off and think nothing bad happens to people and that everyone is just like you. What a joke your comment is.

• 1p
    1Power Tripp May 13, 2014

Okay, the economy sucks. Almost everyone you know or come in contact with by mere association is going through something. I have a Cap1 auto loan since the beginning of 2011. I haven't worked since 2006 because of ESRD (kidney failure, dialysis patient) and in 2011 had a double below the knee amputation...so what does this have to do with bills? Well, that's why you stay on top of your finances and if you find yourself running short on money one month, you call and make arrangements to get your bill paid. 9 times out 10 agents will work with you especially if your account has been in good standing and being late or not paying your bill is an ongoing thing.

I'm also divorced with a teenage son, paying rent, my car loan, ins etc from my SSDI I receive once a month. I may not have much money left, BUT having my bills paid and not having to Even giving me a little extra for entertainment and some to be put into my savings account because you never know when that rainy day will come.

Resolved United Recovery Systemsphone calls

these people are a bunch people who are to sorry to go out and get a real job. from what I read they harrass elderly people this just shows the way they were brought up . i hate to think that they went to school to do this. They call me 2or 3 times a day over a dell account that we have payed on for 3yrs and still owe just about what we started with. I offer to settle this with dell but they said no. so they can keep calling ever day. I WILL FINE THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE & THERE HOME PHONE # AND WILL POST IT ON THIS SITE. Then i will call them every time they call me If any one knows the people who called them[all i need is a name] Iwill fine there numbers and we can harress the S^*$ out of them. I have a few names of mangers there just waiting for the #s I HAVE SOME GOOD & EX F_ _ FRIENDS ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME . A CHANGE IS COMING

• Up
    upset Mar 31, 2009

I hate URS does any one have an address for them not a po box I'm trying to get them to stop calling me. I tried to work mine out with
    Dell also they are just as hateful and they are the ONLY company at this time with this economy that would not work with me on a payment that I could make each month.

• St
    Stargazer1968 Sep 29, 2009

United Recovery Systems
    5800 N Course
    Houston TX 77072

payurbill Nov 29, 2009

Its simple pay your bill and you won't be called!!! Don't talk about the people that are doing their jobs, we all don't get to pick and choose who we work for, some of us have no choice being that we feel we have to pay our bills.

Resolved United Recovery SystemsCONSTANT CALLS ON CELL PHONE

MULTIPLE DAILY - UNSOLICITED CALLS FROM MULTIPLE EXTENSIONS FROM UNITED RECOVERY SYSTEMS...I HAVE CALLED TO HAVE THEM STOPPED...CALLS HAVE BEEN CONTINUING!

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

Pay your owed balances and they will stop.

Collector! Dec 09, 2009

PAY YOU'RE DEBT ! ! ! ! ! . . . This has been an attempt to collect a debt, any information obtained will be used or that purpose and that purpose only.

TheSequel Jan 15, 2010

The only way we'll stop calling is if you pay your bill... most debtors dont realize that we are here to help. If you just take the time to listen, you will soon find that we are able to stop interest, take away interest & fees, and in most cases knock your balance way down. A lot of ppl pay me because they appreciate me being polite and taking the time to listen to their situation... I think its funny tho when they just hang up and try to ignore us. Im just gonna call your job, your mother, father. brother. mother inlaw... babysitter.. 6 of your neighbors, your landlord, previous landlords, your boss, the company next door to where you work, etc... until I get you on the phone. The best part is: its all legal! So just pay your bill. If you truly are that broke and REALLY cant pay... take the time to explain it to us and everything will be ok. lol This is an attempt to collect a debt; any information obtained will be used for that purpose only!... idiots.

United Recovery Systemsviolation of privacy

I had been late og a dell finicial bill but the debit has been satisfied . Ms Johnson from United Recovery Services has called my neighbors, my employment and as harassed me beyond the point of reasonable. Every supervisor has refused to deal with this situation. They have no right to call my neighbors .

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

It is legal in all states except for MA to skip trace and call family members and neighbors to obtain a phone number or leave a message with them to get you to call them. I suggest you pay what you owe and all your worries will be over.

• Cj
    cjgurley1022 Jul 23, 2009

If your from texas contact the state attorney generals office for help. Your state has a lot of protection for consumers on the books. If they call your work state that it is a business number and personal calls are not allowed they will no longer be allowed to call that number. Also it is legal to contact other people to do what is called skip tracing. But they can only call neighbors, etc once and cannot call them again. keep a log of the number of times called a day and when. record what was said by writing it down as in most cases you cannot legally record them. the look up the fdcpa and your state laws for specific infractions that they are comm.iting and then report them

Collector! Dec 09, 2009

URS doesnt break THE LAW . . . you dont even have to pay the entire ballance . . . min monthly pymnts are accepted. Quit being upset and address the issue . . . as SOON as you take the time to set up a pymnt plan
    - T H E C A L L S W I L L S T O P - !!!

• Cg
    cgc Dec 19, 2009

My husband has been layed off from his job and my hours have been cut back tremendously, URS has called my parents, my job, and calls about 5 times daily, I have explained my situation several times and even contacted Dell finacial even before I stopped making payments to see what could be done and they said nothing, they want me to come up with money that we don't have and are extremely rude, we are trying to keep our house and pay our mortgage and all they care about is a 50.00 payment, if I had it I would pay it. We did not ask for this to happen to us, and we were not expecting it, I just think people should think and take a look and understand what if they were in the same siutation. Being extremely rude and harrassing people is not going to help my problem, we already know our problems we don't need to be harrassed about every day 5 times a day and why are they calling my parents and my job, putting them in our buisness, I think that is an invasion of privacy!!! They are a bunch of idiots!!!

United Recovery SystemsHarassing Phone Calls

Tonight, at 8:34 PM I rec'd an unknown phone call from Javon from URS telling me that my mother gave him my phone number because I owe the a debt to Dell. This Dell bill is in my mothers name and is NOT in my name in any way-shape-or form. He began to tell me that I was "dooping" my mother for this bill and this wasnt nice, etc...WTF??? I never signed for a Dell account, nor did I give this person my UNLISTED phone number, nor am I responsible for this bill. I just cant amagin the nerve! I am calling the FTC tomorrow and registering a complaint against them and calling them and complaining to them (not that this will help). Any suggestions?

Mary Katherine Hunt Nov 13, 2007

I am averaging about 15 to 20 phone calls daily from united recovery systems for a Sears Charge Account. I owe 300.00 on this account and am paying sears monthly. I was out of work for several months. The total bill was 600.00 I have pd this down paying sears directly now monthly in half. I am getting threats daily from United Recovery Systems. I have told them paying sears. They are Calling All Day on Sundays too. They are Calling Family Memembers Neighbors. I now owe again 300.00 and just made another payment today for 150.00 off of that.

• Li
    Lindsay W Dec 10, 2007

Take them to court, they are violating your rights!!!

Collector Jul 24, 2008

We do not collect for Sears, each account is assigned to a collector, a collector only makes about 200 calls average a day. You are obviously stretching things a wee bit.

I work for this company. I would like to take the time to explain a lot that I can't while I am working. URS is a company that has been in operation for over 30 years, it is one of the largest, and the FDCPA, GBLA Act, and strict Corporate regulations define what we can and cannot do. Essentially our job is to recover a debt in the least possible time as far as possible towards 100% of the debt. That doesn’t mean you have to pay it all now, or all of it at all, talk to the rep about it.

Some states have laws that override federal laws (FDCPA) but generally we can do all of the following:

Contact 1 time per day at any given number (or re-contact if no answer)
    Home, cell, place of employment, relatives, neighbors (nearbys), multiples (same last name), associates (indicated on the credit bureau – CBR) and any other possible source of LOCATION INFORMATION (even the bar, minimarket, local – use your). But these third parties may be contacted only once unless we believe that in the meantime they might have acquired further info. There is a lot more to this and there are some limitations and variations that I can address in the future, but I don’t want this to be too long.

If we have a valid contact this STOPS – if you don’t answer the phone or call back it will continue. This is NOT harrassment. When we make a call, if we are unsure the number is a HOME or CELL phone for the consumer we will leave a very generic message that does not imply that a debt is owed.

Anybody we talk to, even at a home number, we will not imply the nature of the call except a "personal business matter" as we do not want to embarass anyone and it is against the FDCPA. Many people pry and want to know what it is about. Give us a break, we don't want to waste time either and we cannot disclose that information to anyone except the consumer, his/her spouse (with the exclusion of some states), attorney or any person that consumer may delegate, we have to record that permission before discussing.

If you say you are the person we are looking for, we are going to ask for a second verification either confirming the mailing address (a po box is fine) the last four of the SSN, or date of birth. This is for your protection. We have all this information anyway, not confirming justs wastes your time and doesn't solve your problem.

By the way – collection agencies are not subject of do not call lists.

Answer the phone, call back, be polite – we will too. We are here to find a solution, be sure there will be one within your capabilities. If it is not YOU we are looking for, sorry, tell us that and you will receive no further calls if we can define that you are a third party with no information.

Being a 3rd party collector we are not allowed to threaten like 1st party, most experienced collectors do not want to anyway. The new hires are usually pretty fired up, but we keep a close eye on them and they usually have an experienced collector next to them on one side or another. Sometimes a collector might seem rude but time is of essence, we have all heard every story, we will listen, but we have to make decisions quickly that take into consideration many things. The consumer (yes, we actually care), The client (original creditor), our company, and ourselves. Yes, we know something bad happened, we don’t need the raw details, we just need to find a solution.

Remember - your problem is not ours, we did not cause it, we are only here to find a solution that does not cost you a penny, there are no charges to you for the services our clients (creditors) pay for.

payurbill Nov 29, 2009

Pay the bill!!! Obviously your mother told the collector that you agreed to pay the bill and gave the collector your information. What I would like to know is why would you try and screw over your mother? I wouldn't be worried about the calls I would be worried about how you are going to pay the bill...

• Ap
    Apokalypse Dec 29, 2009

I don't like collectors calling family members or work place, besides where do these collectors get these numbers. I did not give any numbers out. As soon as I find out who keeps calling, I will find out there numbers as well I mean home number and cell as well and see if they like it.

United Recovery SystemsHarassing and unprofessional

I've been out of work and looking for a job for several months now and I owe 1, 000.00 on my credit card, it's not an awful amount or anything, but it's not great. I keep getting calls from United Recovery Systems and when I speak to them they put me down and insult me. They make me out to seem like I owe tens of thousands of dollars, but that is not the case. They constantly talk down to me and in ways threaten me. They obviously don't understand that times are hard. I just got a phone call about 10 minutes ago, and the woman I spoke to was completely unprofessionally, she even yawned in the phone as she was trying to say something. I just don't appreciate them calling me all the time and harassing me and trying to threaten me.

• St
    Stargazer1968 Sep 29, 2009

They have done the same thing to me. I went back on my caller ID and there are over 20 phone calls from them in the last 3 days. They are rude and disrespectful.

I have also lost my job and am more than willing to talk to collectors about the issues, however United Recovery is the most unprofessional company I have ever had contact with.

I am sending them a Ceast and Desist letter so that the calls will stop.

United Recovery Systemsharashing our neighbors

Ronald Williams from United National Recovery systems has been calling our home starting at 8:30 am untill 8:30 pm every 1/2 hr or so.Very annoying.He couldn't get ahold of anyone so he took it upon himself to call ouor neighbors and ask if they knew us because he had a important message from Texas for us.He left his number and no name.This one is way out of hand.

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

It is legal in your state to call neighbors in order to get a hold of you. Call them back, make arrangements and pay what you owe. It is their money they are just asking for it. I'm sure that if I owed you money you'd be calling me, my family and neighbors trying to get it back...

Patriot May 07, 2009

what amazes me is that there is no accountability for paying the bill back howere there is lots of crying whinning stealing and belly acheing about collectors asking for money that was given to you people in good faith...who cares about your cry baby attitude.. if you cant afford it don't buy it or borrow it

IowaGrl Dec 17, 2009

For one, those who have responded to this have no right to judge anyone for why they do what they are doing, why because some day you may the person writing this and asking for advice. I think that no one should bebale to call a neighbor and get them involved in your personal business. When contacted by a collector, take as much information as possible from the caller. Ask for the name of the company, address, the caller name, fax and phone number, amount owned, and the name of the creditor who passed your account to them. Also, tell them you expect to receive a notice in the mail concerning this debt. The last step is very important because you need to have proof of the debt in question in writing.
    If you established that the debt is yours and you don’t feel comfortable dealing with a collector via phone, tell them you want all future correspondence in writing. You need to send this request via a certified mail and request a return receipt. If you want to allow calls only between 5pm and 6pm, tell them about it in the letter. By law collection companies are required to respect your privacy and will have to cease all phone calls to your home, relatives, neighbors, and work. Once you have their claims in writing it’s easier to seek legal help, and keep records of your correspondence.
    Send all your responses to bill collectors via Certified Mail. This way you will have proof of receipt by the addressee. Remember that the amount they claim you owe is negotiable. You can negotiate the total amount due, number of payments, and the payment deadline. Once you worked out the payment plan, request it in writing.

TheDefender101 Jul 12, 2011

your a straight ###.. your the loser who couldnt walk into best buy and buy the damn laptop to begin with.. your the one who had to beg dell to lend you money to get this computer, there not collecting your computer there collecting the loan dell gave you. own up to your loans and pay off your out dated computer. your just like the pople who are walking away from there mortgages because they found out they can get a bigger home for a lesser price thanks to the economy they screwed up and let there mortgage go into foreclosure. people like me who pay my bills ON TIME shouldnt have to live in a crap economy because of people like you who dont pay there bills, they should divide the country into 2 sub countries and let people with bad credit occupy one side with a huge wall dividing them from the people who are responsible. POINT BLANK

TheDefender101 Jul 12, 2011

sorry for some reason this posted to the wrong post... keep crying your in good standings.. PAY YOUR DAMN BILL!

United Recovery Systemsharassing calls at work

harassing calls at work, for an account that is not mine.
demanding to talk to me, my supervisor and/or manager

• Al
    Alvin Wirtz Nov 12, 2008

HOW TO STOP URS COLLECTION CALLS: I am a former employee of United Recovery Systems, LP (URS) in Houston, Texas. To stop harassing phone calls you need to answer one of collection calls. The collector will likely ID you by verifying your SSN, DOB, and address- go ahead and ID yourself back. By law the collector will recite what is known internally as the mini-miranda (like Miranda Rights), the collector will say, "I am a debt collector, this is an attempt to collect a debt, all information obtained will be used for that purpose." Listen for what debt they are trying to collect, if you owe the debt for merchandise or services you obtained on credit, go ahead and enter into a payment arrangement with the agency (your creditor will just forward you back to URS if you call them.) If you choose to pay a settlement for an amount less than the balance-in-full you will be issued an IRS 1099 form since the reduction in the amount owed is considered un-earned income. If you were a co-signer on a legitimate debt that the primary signer defaulted on that means you now owe the debt (that's the purpose of having a co-signer). If you are disputing a portion of the debt, if the debt is an error, or if the debt was incurred as the result of fraud then you need to calmly and cogently explain that to the collector and ask to speak to the collector's DIVISION MANAGER. The DM is usually a reasonable seasoned professional, explain the situation again to the DM, let the DM know that the debt is an error and you plan to send a "Cease and Desist" letter to URS's general counsel (the internal attorney and compliance officer). Be sure to compose a letter stating why you are disputing the debt and clearly state that you "request URS to cease and desist all collection efforts immediately." Send this letter by CERTIFIED MAIL to General Counsel, United Recovery Systems, 5800 North Course Dr, Houston, Texas 77072. Sending the cease and desist notice stops the calls to give you a chance to review your credit report and contact the creditor in question, it DOES NOT remove the debt obligation. You have to address this with the creditor directly to clear your name if the debt is an error, only they can correct your credit report, not the URS agency. Let the creditor know that you sent the cease and desist to URS so that the creditor will not try to forward you back to URS.

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

If the account is not yours they will not have your name, SS nor phone number. If you are anywhere on the account either as a primary or secondary and the primary defaulted on their payments, believe it or not, you are responsible to pay. If you want them to stop, pay what you (by law) owe. If you are a victim of identity theft, send them proof and they will remove it from your credit report and will stop calling you within a week ( I am a victim and never had a problem with any collection agency).

ToriFaery Aug 31, 2011

United Recovery SystemsHarrasment and Demands when they used wrong Bank account number

I set up payment arragements for two Credit Card accounts with them, to have funds withdrawn every month from my bank account. One month two checks processed. The next month only one check processed. I then got phone calls to contact them. I contacted them and they stated I had one check returned NSF. I informed them that was not true as I had sufficent funds for the check and also no bank NSF charges were listed on my account. They then changed and stated the check had come back unable to locate. They were demanding that I immediatly Western Union the last amount and hopefully they could attempt to re set up payments instead of demanding the full amount. There also would be a fee for me to western union. I informed them that they must have processed the check wrong and that was no fault of mine, that they should correct "thier" problem, and I would not pay additional fees for a mistake on thier behalf. They needed to transfer me "to a supervisor" and after being on hold quite a long time, I was given a voice mail. I re called three times and went thru the same scenario, each time "being put thru to a supervisor" and only getting voice mail. The last non supervisor did look into the check and stated the account number was wrong that they sent to bank, but I would still need to do the western union transmit. I refused and again got supervisor voice mail.

aespinel Apr 21, 2009

You have to understand that regardless of your situation they are trying to help you take care of your financial responsibilities. If they are agreeing on setting up payments, and one of the checks does not go through, take care of this whichever way possible, even if it involves a $10 fee from Western Union. After all, neither the collection agency nor your creditor is at fault that you didn't pay what you were supposed to, you are. Pay the fee and keep making your payments, even better, come up with the full amount and get it over with!

United Recovery SystemsHarrassment

Total Harrassment. Called to make resolution - which wasn't going to happen. Next Day he - Paul Morris contacted an unknown family member to the situation and started harrassing her. This woman is 80 years old !! I can't believe it. TOTALLY LIVID.

Sandra Wilson Jun 14, 2008

This company calls every day and despite me telling them several times that they have the wrong number they continue to call and they are so RUDE! They are looking for a John Grover god help that poor guy. I have blocked their number but they call from another. I am thinking of getting an attorney since this is just plain harrassment and they will not stop. It would be one thing if they did not know they were calling the wrong number, but they know and continue. Does anyone know a Lawyer that will take this case? I have had it!

• So
    Soulie Aug 27, 2008

I just had my first, and I hope last, experience with this company. I plan to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and anyone else I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Ji
    Jim Sep 13, 2008

I have gotten phone calls and if you hire an attorney, ask them to get the recordings of the calls - Often the verbage they use against people will allow a countersuit. BTW, also let the companies that use United Recovery, that you will no longer use their product or service and tell everyone you know not to use them. Capital One uses them, and that is one company that acts like a small credit card company when in fact, they have been given billions of tax payer dollars to ease their debt. Instead they are taking that money and spending it on foreign markets AGAINST the dollar, further forcing people into bankruptcy.

• Ha
    Harris,Dell Oct 14, 2008

I called the company to set up a payment plan and began asking questions as to how the plan works and was told you must be dumb.I was told that I was being recorded when I asked to hear the tape played back so that the manager who hear the worker calling me dumb he stated at first it would take fifteen minutes then he insulted me by saying the worker said maybe she was taping the conversation.I have never encountered so many un professional people in one work place.The Houston, Texas office should start looking into the way it hires it' employees and training them in how to speak to consumers who are actually trying to pay off there debts.I to receive many calls a day at my place of employment.I am disapointed in how I was treated by your agency.

United Recovery Systemswrong person

urs continues to call me regarding an american express card i owe on, the problem is i do not have an American express card, however someone with my same name does, i explained this to them and they just do not care. i average 7 calls a day for the past 30 days and it is out of control from a mr. proctor

• Wi
    william Jun 05, 2008

Does ranting at this site really accomplish anything?
    I have ben resaerching this PIA, URS company, they senm to suck.

• Do
    D. O'Brien Aug 21, 2008

I just received a shock post answering my phone. A young woman identified herself as calling from this agency and proceeded to state that someone (specific name) from Florida listed me as a relative though the name of this person is no relation to my husband or myself! Being concerned with identity theft, I became very concerned about my name and phone number being given by an unknown party. The agent put the supervisor on the phone, and she explained that my name probably came up via a date pool post entering possible relatives of the unknown party.
    Both the agent and supervisor were very curteous throughout the call, but the entire incident really shook me up. For this reason I decided to google the company name. No other info was given other than my name and phone number, but that's more than enough for me!

• Je
    jenni__74 May 04, 2010

Try googling your home phone number. You may be surprised at what is available.

United Recovery SystemsRepeated calls and wrong number!

Within the past week, United Recovery Systems has called me at least 4 times on my cell phone. I believe they have called me before. On at least two of these occasions, I answered the phone and told them they had the wrong number and to take my number off their list.

This morning, they just called again. I again told them to take me off their list because they had the wrong number. I hung up but then called them back and told them the problem. I have now been put on hold for 15 minutes, listening to their music. I will hang up soon, but this is very annoying.

John Palmer May 29, 2008

Mr. Wynn from United Recovery Systems has called my home phone, my wife's cell phone, and my cell phone (twice), and when I returned his call, he was "out to lunch." All he left was a file number. It would make more sense to call once, wait at least a day, then try other avenues...

Collector Jul 24, 2008

Contact 1 time per day at any given number (or re-contact if no answer)

By the way – collection agencies are not subject of do not call lists.

• Mr
    MrsDunebuggy Jul 30, 2008

URS has been calling me for 2 years -- they always ask for someone named Stephanie Horn. She's not me and I have no idea who she is. Every time I politely explain they have the wrong number and to update their files. Without fail, I receive another call.

So - to the person to works for URS, the problem IS yours. URS clearly has horrible record keeping practices and poor customer services. I've tried being nice and being stern. I have asked to speak to a manager who always promises to me that they will update the records -- to no avail. The worst part -- The calls are coming into my cell phone during the day, so I'm paying for these annoying calls!

Serioulsy! Two years of this harrassment! What am I supposed to do?

• Fa
    FallenCollector Sep 07, 2008

Ms. DuneBuggy, Ma'am? This Stephanie horn person is obviously in collections for a good few credit cards. in all honesty it would not surprise me if she has 3-5 different accounts in the urs system, she has used your phone number as one for the applications and or has had it in the past and called in to the credit card company. and it got planted on all of the files that urs gets. be polite and just tell them that they have the wrong number and your name. wrong numbers can be reset to good contacts if there is no information attatched to them. names to other people besides the card holder attatched to a wrong number will not generally.

• Ji
    Jim Sep 22, 2008

I also have got such calls from past few days. They are disturbing me so much that i am planning to sue them. I have got some more infos on their torture from this website too http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/collection-agencies/answering-machine.html

Resolved United Recovery Systemswrong bank account

I had set up a payment plan with this company where they would take my amount out of my checking account each month for the specified amount. Well, only one of those transactions went through because they had typed in the wrong bank account number. I never had any notification from them that my checks had not gone through until I called to get a statement saying that I was making my payments on time so I could buy a house. Now they are not taking responsibility for their error and I have to pay even more interest on my credit card because they screwed up. I asked for a letter staing their mess up so that I could buy my house and they refused service to me.

Chandra Sep 12, 2008

I took money out of my 401K to pay my debt. The origional amount was to be 4770.00 when I got my 401 money I forgot they took out taxes and penaltys for withdrawl. So I called back told them it was only for 3580.00. They were to hold the check until I called back when I had conformation that the 401K check was posted to my account. They didn't hold the check. They sent it through for the 4770.00 and not the agreeed apon 3580.00. It bounced of course. Mr. James told me I couldn't cancle it or they would no longer deal with me and take me to court. I didn't cancle the check since he told me it wouldn't be sent through again. He wanted me to make a cashiers check out for the 3580.00. I couldn't make it out just yet as the deposit still hadn't cleared my bank. The same day the deposit cleared the check was sent through for 4770.00 and now they won't give me the difference between the amount they got and the amount I agreed to pay which means I have no money for rent or groceries. When I called Mr. James back I was of course upset and he basically called ma liaer and told me he would no longer speak with me. I am calling him 2 times a day every day until this is resolved after all he did that to me for 2 weeks until I broke down and gave him a check over the phone. STupid me. Never give a check over the phone if they can't wait for the money they dont' need it that bad and don't let people threthen you.

United Recovery Systems — Annoying multiple weekly calls!

About twice a week or so, I am getting phone calls from United Recovery Systems. The last 4 digits of my SSN...