Credit Protection Association / Harassment!

1 P.O. Box 650210Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-233-9614

I wrote this company thru my Attorney telling them that I did not owe this bill of $47.54. They continue send me notice of intent to sue me and let me know that it will appear on my Credit Report. The Attorney was very clear and demanded them to "Cease and Desist". However they do not! They think they are above the law.

Comments

• Ne
      6th of May, 2008

I am having the same problem and am writing to the TX Attorney General, Greg Abbott, about them.
    Phone Number: (512) 463-2100
    Address: Capitol Station, P.O.Box 12548, Austin, TX 78711-2548

You may also want to contact your local Attorney General for your State and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I am doing that too.

I wrote to them 3 times because I do not owe the money they say I do. Good luck to you... perhaps if AG Abbott gets enough complaints, this will stop for all of us.

• Is
      9th of Jul, 2008

Credit Protection Association appeared on my credit report for an account supposedly opened 5 years ago. I have been trying to contact the company for two weeks and have not gotten a response to my endless calls or my three letters. How do they have the "right" to screw up my credit rating but I don't have the right to find out what exactly I am being charged for much less how to resolve it.

• Da
      11th of Mar, 2010

I have had similar regarding a bill they I owe Charter, which I dont. I paid Charter in full and returned all their equipment As noted in other complaints, I cannot get through to a live person. Their web site is designed for businesses that want collection services. There is no link for a consumer to file a complaint against the business, in this case Charter, for false/inaccurate billing.

• La
      27th of Apr, 2010

Phone Numbers for CPA
    1-877-332-2432
    I got a live person with this number! Good luck!