Credit Protection Association / Unpaid Balance for Cable Equipment

1 Columbia, IL, United States Review updated:

They keep insisting that I owe Charter Communications for unreturned equipment. I returned the equipment last March. They say now that I owe more than $200 for something I don't have! If I still had it when I needed them to hook my cable back up, they wouldn't have done it. I took the equipment to their Belleville IL office. They gave me a reciept for it. Charter needs to check their books. I'm really tired of this collection agency contacting me through the mail & not sending me to a live person when I call them. They say I have to send proof through snail-mail. This is bull-###!

Comments

• Cr
      17th of Nov, 2009

Credit Protection Agency make a negative hit on my credit report in October 2009 saying I have a past due balance of $205 and the original creditor is Comcast. I contacted Comcast and they confirmed that my account was in fact closed October 2008 and I owe them no money and my equipment was returned. What really concered is obviously Comcast must of provide this information via list etc where this company can fradulently place hits on credit reports.