Cottman Transmission / Incompetent repair

My Tahoe stopped moving on the freeway and we had it towed to Cottman Transmission. After testing, they said it had an internal transmission problem and after several days they said they had fixed it by replacing the torgue converter and giving the transmission a complete overhaul. This repair was stated to have a 6 month guarantee. My request for the old torgue converter parts was refused saying "they had been picked up by the "removal" people." I paid $2900 for this repair. After two days, the car did exactly the same thing on the highway and my sick wife barely got home with it. After 4 days, they announced the master brake cylinder was bad and that would cost another 460 to fix. When I argued that this should be covered under the original repair warranty, Kirsten Aldeen, the manager said that "Oh, no, that just covers the transmission. The master cylinder problem was what caused the transmission problem." Again no old parts were there for examination. My only recourse is suing them. Complete incompetence and probably organizing a local boycott.

Gr

Comments

• Au
      25th of Feb, 2010

Would it be asking too much for you to be a little more specific?? While your complaint may or may not be valid, Cottman has over 100 centers nationwide. Is there a sepcific city and state involved, or are you complaining just to complain?