Costume Craze / Poor customer service

Pleasant Grove, UT, United States Review updated:
Back in September, I ordered what appeared to be an adorable Halloween costume for my two year old son ($40). When it arrived, I was very shocked of the quality and the condition of the costume. It was flimsy and was rolled up into a wrinkled ball. The bag looked like it had been stepped on, opened and restapled shut. I wasn't happy so I called their customer service number and asked them what their return policy was. The girl stated that I would be receiving a credit within two to three days after the merchandise was received. Additionally, I specifically asked the girl, if there were any fees associated with the return other than the shipping of course. She said no. You are only responsible for the shipping. Okay, so I send it back, weeks go by, nothing. I call them again, spoke with another girl and when I asked her about receiving a credit. She giggled and said "oh, we're really busy lately, who even knows if your package is even here". I asked her if she could go find out and that I had sent it out weeks ago. She said, no and that I'd have to wait until after Halloween, which was weeks away. Okay, so I wait a week after Halloween, spoke to another girl. She tells me that I was credited this morning, which I didn't see on my statement. When I asked her what the amount was, it was the not the amount that I was anticipating. They charged me a $15% restocking fee which is funny considering that was the question I had originally asked, I was told no. After an hour of pleading my case on the phone about how I was mislead through this whole process and wanted that add'l refund, the girl said, "sorry there's nothing we can do". When I asked for a manager, she said, sorry there's no manager here. This has to be the most unprofessional response ever... I will never ever buy anything from them again nor would I recommend their products. I was stuck paying shipping twice and a restocking fee for a piece of garbage that was used. I hope the people who returned it the first time weren't charged a restocking fee, because it wasn't restocked too well..they were ripped off.
Va

Comments

Vr
  20th of Jan, 2010
I ordered a "princess leia" costume from costumecraze and mine came in incredibly shoddy condition as well. Rolled up in a ball, with pieces falling off, including one piece that had already completely detached itself. I was in the hospital when this costume came so I quite obviously could not open it and inspect it at the time. I emailed them and was very friendly the first time around, just saying the costume was in poor condition and unwearable and I understood it wasn't their fault. In the first email, I was given the return instructions and said it was fine to send back. In subsequent emails I was told I could not because I missed their "48 hour return policy." First off, 48 hours for a B&M store is ridiculous, let alone an internet purchase. We all have lives, and often, boxes sit for days before being opened in my household. Secondly, they are apparently sending shoddy products to many people and therefore, making it ridiculously hard to return on purpose. DO NOT order from them. You may end up with a terrible product and no way to return it.

Costume Craze Logo Costume Craze