Costco.com / refund problem

United States Review updated:
Be wary of ordering anything from Costco.com. I ordered a Executive Gold Star Membership for $100 US. After waiting two months for the membership items via mail, I cancelled my order and requested a refund. Here is the response I received:

Dear Costco Member,

Thank you for e-mailing costco.com. Your credit card will be credited $104.16 within 10 -15 business days. An e-mail will be sent to you when the order has shipped.

Ellen B.
E-commerce Costco Wholesale

I went on with life and basically forgot about this order, feeling satisfied that it was taken care of. Around ten months later, I receive a letter from Costco requesting that I renew my executive membership. After checking my account that was used to purchase the membership, I realized that a refund was never made to me. Since then, I have been trying to get some kind of response from their customer service, but they are choosing to ignore me.

Folks, this company has some kind of problem. I do not mean the corporation or the stores around the country, but the online operation. It appears to be a shabby, poorly run operation. Stay away!

D  18th of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Yes Costco has a prlblem - people like you who fabricate anything they can to justify their own inability to follow up. Please don't waste people's time by posting illegitmate complaints. Your comments prove you are in the wrong. You would be able to see through that if you were capable of logic.
A  29th of May, 2008 by
Costco.com has deplorable customer service!! I have been trying over a month to get a refund for an item that I never received (due to damage of the item, so the delivery people wouldn't bring it in my house). I have emailed, left messages (escalation department) and still no response! The return department through the normal channels said I would receive a refund back to my card; however to no avail. To call the return department is another nightmare, having to wait over an hour for a call back and then they are rude.
How can the excellent managed stores be so different than the online department???

Denise Alexander
D  17th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You did not check your credit card statement for almost 1 year?
How stupid are you?
N  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Why doesn't everyone just return the stuff to the store? They will gladly take it back. Even your Executive Membership! They will give a full refund of any membership on day 364 of a365 day membership! How many other places do you know that do that?

Costco Wholesale Corporation Logo Costco Wholesale Corporation