Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - kirkland red grapefruit
    Hollywood
    Florida

I've been buying this product for years, lately on the couple of purchases I've noticed that the cups don't bring as much grapefruit as before. I drain the juice so I can easily see how much grapefruit is left. It used to come about 3/4 full but now they're 1/2 to 1/3 full. The cups come full but have more juice. I feel like I'm being ripped off.

• Ca
      23rd of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - costco connection magazine
    Longmont
    Colorado

I recently tried a recipe that was printed in your magazine. It was for honey roasted almonds. The recipe called for baking the almonds for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. This is way too much time-I burnt 2 lbs of almonds. When I looked into other recipes online it became very apparent that the time printed in your article was way too long.

• Ju
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - evolution fresh
    Redlands
    California

Bought a Defense Up 6pk case of Evolution juice and inside I found a loose dirty cap just inside the sealed case sitting on one of the bottles. Seems like it came from the manufacturing company this way NASTY AND REALLY DISGUSTTING. Ended up throwing everything away

• Wi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Employee Devaughn Dorsett
    Dallas
    Georgia

Your employee was very rude and unhelpful when i ask for help to find an item in your facility. When i ask your employee to help me find something he walked away with no intent to help me and when asked louder he told me "leave me alone and find someone that actually works in that department stupid" i didn't find that to be amusing in any way.

• El
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - cottonelle
    Concord, Ca

I just purchased cottonelle toilet paper. Unless I mistakened there was a $3.00 off sign above the product and I was not given it.I shopped at the Concord, Ca store #663.receipt dated 6/01/2017 trans ID 715200004350 11:13 Whse663Trm:4 R3 OP:26 Member 111866122913. I also want to oknow what your scanning policy is. Thank you. Elaine Ivankovich

• Ha
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Kirkland protein bars
    London
    Ontario
    Canada

I purchased a box of your protein bar and the cookie dough in some have not chocolate chips I think you have a problem with your processing facility.

• Wo
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Recent changed soy vanilla milk
    Los Angeles
    California

Recently vanilla soy milk package changed. I didn't know they also changed taste, taste different(negatively) from previous one. I opened only on out of 12 in box. Can I still return it?

Costco Wholesale Corporation - oikos yogart
    Chicago
    Illinois

Bring back actavia which Taste's good has less carbs for pre and dibetic persons. This is 14 carbs as opposed to Activia which is 10. The is major for dibetics. Dannon made a big mistake with new yogart. It tates very bad.

• Et
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Fresh oysters
    Brisbane
    Queensland
    Australia

We bought 3 dozen fresh oysters for families today and ate half of those tonight to realise there was worms under the oysters!! We stopped eating it and chucked it all out. We feel disgusted and would like obtain the refund. Your urgent attention to this is appreciated.

• Gi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Playset installation service
    Woodinville
    Washington
    Costco.com

I ordered a playset from Costco online and it's taken over a month to get installed. On top of that the company that does the installation just called to say they will have to delay the work by another day (was suppose to be done may 5/6th).

I'd appreciate a discount or gift card for my future Costco purchases for this inconvenience.

Gina

• Ju
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Coupon cashback
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada

I was waiting for my cashback from costco for 3 month. I was driving there every month trying to figure out where is my money. Finally, I received it but they refused to redeem it without my husbund. They send coupon under his name although we have one account and the same rights. I am totally dissapointed with you guys!

• Ve
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Morning star Farms
    The Colony, TexasPlano

Hello

We bought 1/4 pound size of Morning star Farms black bean veggie patties, i found plastic cover inside the pattie. It was really disgusting. I almost ate the pattie and realized something weird.

Everyone,
    please check before you eat this product.

• Ru
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Product & Cashier
    Canada

Yogurt almost pass expire day!!

Cashier really rude in LONDON, ON!!!(May 8th, 2017)

Cashier really unprofessional. Does the cashier be trained when they are working in Costco???????

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Kirkland 100% Colombian Coffee
    Boca Raton
    Florida

Please tell me what has changed in this product. The taste is not the same nor the smell... I'm really disappointed. I had trust and enjoy your brand for years but with my last purchase, I can wait for it to finish cause I don't like it as it is.
    Thanks,
    Martha Ruiz de Campo
    Member # 111815527868
    Boca Raton, FL.

1st of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Ginger
    Fremont
    California

I bought ginger from Costco yesterday. Today we noticed mold on many pieces. Attached few pics. I'm not sure if it is spoiled or still safe to use. just thought of informing you.

Thanks
    Sandeep

• Su
      1st of Nov, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Jet City blinds
    Sammamish
    Washington

Ordered shutters on 3/21/17, paid for them on credit card. Now it is 5/19/17... I have called given phone number three times in last week and have not heard back from company. There was a representative assigned to our order, and I have not heard from her, as well (K. Boalken). Very disappinted in the customer service.

• Mi
    Kirkland - Packaging malfunction

Extra Lean Ham (product #1075316) has new packaging that doesn't stay sealed which causes leaks and drying of product. New packaging also has more plastic and is less environmentally friendly. Prior packaging with a simple ziploc-style seal was much more effective.

• Ka
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Charger for Android smart phone
    Princeton
    New Jersey

Hi,

Last Saturday I used the phone charger which was bought from Costco last few months & my smart phone got burning .The charger cable & my smartphone got burned.This charger got safety issue.I am writing to request to compensate of my loss .Recall for this product should be considered!

Thanks for your assistance in this matter!

Kam

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Square Trade
    San Antonio
    Texas

They are terrible. Sent me an email and then told I was wrong after I followed the directions on email.

• Xc
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Food court
    Fresno
    California

The fresno, CA Costco #31 is terrible with food court. I try to call to order and it just keeps on ringing and then I go in and by things and order one at the the register and it's a 20min wait! And they're like oh why didn't you call >.< I did call.