Coral Resorts / Island Links Resort / Misrepresentation

1 Hilton Head Island, SC, United States Review updated:

We are not new to timeshares. However we were grossly mislead (okay I will not sugar-coat it) we were flat-out lied to during the timeshare presentation. The maintenance fee is more than double what we were told it would be. Additionally we were told that they Timeshare Parters was purchasing our existing timeshare and that at closing the deal would be a wash. Months later we learned that all that Timeshare Partners is doing is listing our timeshare, and there are a dozen other identical ones listed there as well (with quite a wide variation in listing price). I am fighting mad right now and not certain how to proceed. Rest assured that I will not sit by and do nothing. As I see it my options include finding an attorney to contest the sale based upon verbal misrepresentation and/or picketing the sales office over the Memorial Day Weekend. If I resort to the latter, please consider this an open invitation.

Comments

• Ju
      30th of Dec, 2010

your story is identical to ours. I am so angry that I do not want to pay the monthly payment and especially the way more expensive maintenance and tax fees than were originally explained. My husband just wants to pay for it, but I do not. The misleading presentation was all incorrect and I signed all the paperwork in the worst mood, due to not wanting to buy it anyway, and I didn't listen to the terms or payments that we agreed to when signing .

they also bought a timeshare from us as a trade in and I have no clue what is happening with that. I do know they are waiting for something to be signed and notarized; I have been so angry about it and just give all the mail to my husband. Now I am really mad and will find out what exactly is happening.