Cooper Vision / terrible experience

I'd purchased a year supply of contact lens last May. And this box I'm using now is defected. 4 of them lasted 1 day or 2 lasted 2 days for my right eye. It's Frequency 55. For my left eye, I use Frequency Toric and the box right now is not much better than the right eye. The longest was lasted 1 week. I called the company that I purchased from said it was almost a year old and that's nothing they can do since they can't return it to Cooper Vision. So I e-mail Cooper Vision explain to them what happen. They responded that they don't deal with consumer directly and that's nothing they can do. And they said they'll forward my complaint to quality control and someone will contact me. It's been a week and no one ever contacted me. Before I was using Acuvue. And when I called Johnson and Johnson, they refunded me some money cause I didn't save the defected lens to send back to where I purchased. I don't understand why Cooper Vision can't do the same. They just lost me as a customer. I think I'll switch back to Acuvue.

• Joe Johnsey's Response, Jun 07, 2018

The CooperVision rebate program is there and it helps. Access to cards may be made easier to complete and activation seems complicated I cannot complain much but it's definitely something worth considering.

Iv

Comments

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2010

I had the same experience with a disintegrating CooperVision Proclear toric lens. A whole box fell apart either in my eye or in the cleansing container. My optometrist is ordering me more for free, but I think I want to switch to another brand to avoid the pain of having contact lens fragments floating in my eye. I had to use eyewash to get it out twice.

• Br
      7th of Nov, 2010

I also purchased a one year supply...which lasted less than 8 months due to defective lenses.
    A total of eight lenses broke as I took them out of the container!
    My optometrist will replace them, but as with the others, I want another brand

• Me
      19th of Feb, 2013

I am so angry with my optometrist right now. I already made a complaint on here-then I did a little bit more digging. Turns out, accuvue would have been a cheaper choice-but my eye dr. ordered the cooper visions. This was the first time Ive seen a big city dr., and he really did screw me over. I paid 200$ for defective contacts, when I could have spent 100-150 on a yrs supply of acuvue. wow. lens crafters is just as horrible as cooper vision. If I dont get my money back...all hell will break loose-I'm calling consumer report, writing to the Herald (biggest newspaper in boston) and I still plan to pass out fliers to everyone at school and everyone that goes into lens crafters.

• Sh
      6th of Oct, 2015

Hi. I usually go the Spec Savers for my eye test and check up and they usually order my lenses for me. I love wearing coloured lenses as it make life more interesting. On Monday 28 September I collected my box of lenses from Spec Savers. I either order the light blue lenses or the dark blue. I have not had any problems with the light blue, but the dark blue I have experienced problems with. It seems like the blue where it is dyed, sometimes has little I would call dust specs that scratch my eye. Twice they have spent the box back to their supplier because of this problem. I contacted Spec Savers Beacon Bay East London again this week with the same problem. I was told it could be protein build up, which i said is impossible as it is a new box which i have just opened to wear. They say that their supplier does not want to exchange the boxes. I do not think this is fair as I paid for it but receiving a faulty product. Please advice what I should do. Attached a photo of the box. Thank you. Your assistance is much appreciated.
    Kind Regards Sharon Pelser

15th of Aug, 2018
    CooperVision - CooperVision - Rebate

The CooperVision rebate program is there and it helps.

• Le
      20th of Aug, 2018
    CooperVision - rebate & damaged product
    Pomona
    California

i bought a full supply of contacts & submitted a rebate but i never got my rebate.
    also one lens on my left eye was tore when i opened them. i am very unsatisfied with the service & product. i would at least like to get a replacement lens or rebate!