Consulate General of Italy in London / Problems with the service

This is what was sent

CaptainWes
to renee
7 hours agoDetails
To the Consulate General, Italian Consulate in London, My name is Wesley De Magalhaes and I am an Italian subject. I have been having problems with the renewal of my Italian passport.
Upon my arrival in the UK I was unaware that I needed to register with the AIRE, if I had known that fact I would have immediately registered. I need to renew my passport as it expires on the 26th on June 2017 and I have been unable to contact the London consulate for an appointment. I have even asked my mother who lives in Italy to try call on my behalf as I'm at work all day and cant risk losing my job because I'm on the phone trying to contact the consulate, she too was unsuccessful, my mother then went to the Comune di Varese and they told her I had to register with AIRE online. After numerous attempts to register online and even creating a new email address I was then able to register but I was not given the activation code to fully complete my registration after being told the registration was successful.
I have my family in Italy who i visit regularly and I am due to visit and go away on holiday with them in August to Rimini, Italy. My passport expires on the 26th of June this year and is vital that I get my passport renewed to keep in contact with my family. My grandparents are both in their 90's and if something had to happen to them I would not be able to get there to be of assistance.
I am disappointed at how the Italian consulate in London handles Italian subjects in situations like this. I would have expected by now to have heard back from the consulate about my AIRE registration activation code.
I'm hoping that this letter/complaint serves the purpose of giving better service and assistance to Italian subjects living abroad.
I hope that someone will assist me promptly in solving my dilemma.
Sincerely, Wesley De Magalhaes

Ca
Mar 27, 2017

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Feb, 2018

Right,
    In April last year I’ve been to the Honorary consulate in Liverpool to register my marriage, apply for my ID card and also change address which was all done by the lovely Dra.BERTALI a truly Italian citizen and very well educated lady. So, all documents and fees and prepaid envelope was sent to the consulate in London
    And now after a year they’ve send me all documents back saying it need to be legalised in brasil which by the way have been done and verified by DRa.BERTALI.
    I would like to to say that the staff in the consulate in London is far out they league. They are very RUDE, UMPOLITE and NASTY not to say the worst. I am very disappointed with this consulate as every time I need it I have problems