Conexis / customer service

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Conexis has the absolute worst customer service department. The overpaid a claim and I caught it. I immediately called them before they had paid me and told them about the situation. The lady on the phone explained that I would have to wait until the claim was paid and then mail them a check back. I asked her why they couldn't just cancel the payment before it was issued and she said it was because it had already been "processed". She then became agitated that I would even imply that they had made a mistake and put me on hold for several minutes without warning or a reason. When she got back on the phone she asked me if I was ready to write down the address to pay the money back. I wrote down the address and then told her that they have the worst customer service department.

The next day I called back to get a different person. A lady named Martha answered the phone this time. I asked her if they would be able to debit my account because according to the website they allow for when Conexis makes overpayments. The lady said there was no way they could debit my account unless Conexis had made a mistake. I asked her to look into the overpayment and after she was finished researching she said that it is apperant that Conexis made a mistake but there was nothing she could do about it. I repeated to her that she had just previously told me that if Conexis made a mistake that they could debit my account and she works for Conexis so she just admitted that they made a mistake. The only thing she could tell me was that the call was recorded so I would definitely have to send the money back now because I was honest about the mistake in case the IRS pulled the call records and heard that I admitted that there was an overpayment. I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor. After a couple of minutes on hold Morell got on the phone and said that there is nothing they could do and I would have to send a personal check back in to the address I was given.

What customer service call center would say they made a mistake and then tell you that you have to fix their problem. I am sure that I am not the first person to have had this issue with them so they should have the capabilities of fixing the problem without requiring the "customer" to take care of their problem. I have only been with them for 2 months and they have already caused a problem so I am not looking forward to the next 10 months.

Ol

Comments

• Ji
      19th of Mar, 2010

I feel your pain. They may be having Corporate Cash Flow problems. Everybody affected should immediately call your HR Benefits Office and post a complaint on the Better Business website for the respective State. www.bbb.org

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010

For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.