Colonial Van Lines

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 by

horrid customer service

Job ID- 168760-CV-R1

I don't even know where to begin with my frustration with this company. Having to travel with an infant and a husband who just had surgery yesterday was stressful enough. Then to find out my aunt was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, I regret the day I spoke to Colonial Van Lines. And before I go on I know many people will ask why didn't I change moving companies well when you have less than 72 hours to find another moving company from Colorado to Alabama it’s next to impossible, especially when you've already paid a moving company their deposit of $1, 500 in advance a month ago. Let's start with the beginning a month ago I received a call from Colonial Van Lines about a quote I asked for online. I was in touch with their estimator by the name of Lucy who was very good at her job she sold me a dream and I paid her that deposit on the spot no hesitation. So for the next couple of weeks I pack my house up made sure everything was in boxes. Last week I called Lucy to see who my account manager because I have not heard from anyone and it was down to crunch time. She said that my account manager will be in contact with me on Friday to make sure I had enough time. Well Friday came and went and no account manager so Monday I called Lucy again and she transferred me to my account manager Aneisha, who was not at her desk at the time. When I finally received a call from her I asked about the 48 advance call to let me know when the moving truck was coming to pick up my things, she stated she didn’t know, that she would check with dispatch, when I started asking more questions she became irritated and short, sensing the attitude I asked for a manager, who wasn’t any better than her agent, manager Sonya S. was absolutely dreadful everything about her was unfriendly and just horrid, she refused to acknowledged her agent’s behavior nor did she try to rectify the problem, she then tells me that I should get another moving company when I stated that I didn't have enough time she had the nerve to tell me what do you want me to do I can only tell you what my dispatch is telling me. So I asked her for another account manager and another manager. She then gave me Krista H., who was understanding yet not that much help. She then states that she would place a request for someone to call me from corporate. That never happened that day, so enters today, I call Krista 4 times today and no answer I finally received a call back from Doreen extension 153, I believe, she again was no help nor did she care. She said give her an hour to fix my problem and she would call back however an hour later still no pick date! She then stated that she tried to call me last week to schedule an earlier pick date however she could not get a hold of me. She stated it was a computer error and my number was entered incorrectly however I was getting calls from Lucy and emails from Lucy who had the same contact information! So I still can’t figure out why I wasn't contacted at least by email. She was so nasty over the phone and kept asking me to request a refund and that I should go to someone else because they cannot guarantee that my items would be picked up on the estimated days that I was given a month ago. Which would have been today and tomorrow 8/22-8/23. That the only day that she can guarantee the pickup of my items is on the 29th which is a day after my husband's appointment. After going back and forth with her several times even waiting an hour to give me more information from dispatch I finally had enough and ask to speak to someone else. Then I got Kenya extension 144, that lady should not have a job in anyone's corporate office. She did not give two cares if I cancel my request or about my situation or anything. She just kept saying what she couldn't do and what couldn't be done and there was no customer relations that I can speak to and that there is no one higher than her and there was no corporate other number that I could call there was no one but her. And that she didn't care how many reviews that I did online it wouldn't make a difference with her and her attitude she was worse than Sonya who was pretty bad mind you however Kenya was atrocious. When I asked her to spell her name for me to make sure I had it right she got smart and say it's like the country do you know how to spell the country. I was like that is a rude thing to tell a customer she then asked for me to give her an hour just like Doreen to figure something out . Well when that hour came we were still back at square one something happened to my delivery truck and they could not get me out of my house in a timely manner. I tried to explain to her the situation with my infant with my husband and also the fact that we had to get out of our house by Thursday because we told the realtor that we will be out and the house will be for showing by Friday which if we were moved out at our appropriate time this would be no problem however now they're saying maybe Thursday but there's nothing in concrete and also that the only compensation I would get would be 50 dollars a day for every day they are late. If I wanted to be moved on the 29th I would have picked the 29th however I need to leave before then. After begging and screaming and going back and forth with Kenya, I realize it's not going anywhere she didn't care she honestly could give two craps about my situation. She didn't care that I had already booked the hotel room in another city to make sure we had enough sleep for the road the next day she didn't care that if I stayed in this house passed Thursday that I would have to pay $1, 400 of rent to my landlord if we weren’t out, she didn't care about any of that she just kept stating what she couldn't do and it's not her fault and there's nothing dispatch could do. The only thing that she was consistent about is requesting me to cancel and she would give me 3 to 5 business days to get my money back and I can find another moving company. I want some type of assurance that the truck will be here on Thursday morning so I could at least make sure I'm not feeling rushed on a 22 hour Journey from Colorado to Alabama. I believe I am entitled to some type of compensation due to the fact that the days that I scheduled my move are not happening because $50 a day is certainly not enough for the horrible customer service and being inconvenience by this moving company. And if I wanted to go to another moving company in the beginning I would have picked another moving company however I picked this company because I was led by the reviews that it was a good company however I should have read all the reviews instead of the ones that were listed most helpful because as I read on after I paid the money this was not a good company. The lack of communication is consistent, the late delivery and pickup times as of right now shows consistent as well I just want my items moved out my house by Thursday and I don't believe that I should have to pay for this whole move when I'm the one inconvenience. Stay away from this business!!
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree