Coast to Coast Sales, Inc. / Magazine Sales Scam

1 MN, United States Review updated:

Attractive and friendly young lady came to the door saying she was a neighbor's daughter home from college. She was selling magazine subscriptions to raise money so she could go to Spain on a study trip this summer. We worked through selecting the "minimum" order of 4 magazines from laminated cards. At the end she filled out the order slips and finally said the cost was $220! I declined at that point but she persisted with the story so I finally ordered one magazine for $49 and wrote a check. Later we checked online and saw all the [redacted]s telling about a similar story. So we're closing the bank account to be sure they can't use the account numbers. Sent a cancellation email to the address on the form and called the police who are sending an officer over. Really dumb letting her in the house! Should have checked here first.

More Coast to Coast Sales, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2013

I bought a magazine subscription 3 years ago from a young kid that came to my house claiming that he was trying to earn points to win a trip. I did not have a check so I put my credit card info on the form. I received my magazine and was only charged the appropriate amount. At the end of my 1 year subscription I received a call from Coast to Coast telling me that I signed up for a 84 month subscription plan costing me $59.00 + tax per month or a one time payment of $5, 365! I had never signed up for anything like that! I was verbally abused on the phone and the caller threathened to take legal action against me if I did not pay. I was in tears at the end of call. I called back the next day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager was very apologetic and promised that he would look into the previous days call, as well as, cancel the account that was created. The company was not able to produce any type of agreement that I signed. 2 years later... I just received a call from Coast to Coast telling me that they were updating their information and wanted to know if I was receiving my magazines in good condition. I told the lady I was not a member and did not receive magazines from them. She transfered me to her supervisor who tried to tell me that I still have 36 months of payments at $59 + tax per month left. I told him the same thing I said 2 years earlier...I do not have an account with you!! He got nasty on the phone with me, so I gave it right back to him. He asked for my credit card expiration date and then the number to verify who I was - BULL [censored] - he wanted my card info to try to force me to pay something I never signed up for. He eventually agreed to cancel my "account" - that I never had in the first place!!! SUCH A SCAM!!!