Clairol / hair color

1 Australia Review updated:

I use clairol to color my hair for years. I recently have noticed some grey hair and used your product 9.5A (101) as that's the one I always use. It says it covers grey hair and I did it twice and it did not cover my grey hairs. I am very disappointed that it would say on the box it covers greys and it did not cover mine. I will not use your product or recommend it to my friends. How dissapointing .

Me
Jul 11, 2017

Comments

• Go
      3rd of Mar, 2018

I have been using your nice 'n' easy colour for nearly 15-17years and have always loved it, always had plenty of compliments too from friends and family, however, this time I used the colour, same as I have always used 5G (previously 117). You have changed the packaging a few times but the colour has been the same. This time though, it's come out darker, a lot darker which I'm really annoyed about. Also I didn't like the cream version of it. I know you change products/ contents to improve them but unfortunately this time you've actually ruined it and my hair looks horrendous. I'm really really disappointed and will not be using your hair colour again. I'm attaching my before and after pics along with the pic of the colour I used, it's suppose to be 'medium golden brown ' but it's come out 'dark brown '. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix this now, I'm due to have a baby in the next couple of days and really thought I'll look my best for the delivery for when my friends and family visit but thanks to your colour I'll look worse than I'll look during labour. I will definitely not be recommending your product to anyone from now on but had always done previously as I loved it.

• Pm
      5th of Jun, 2018

I have been using your Nice n Easy Natural Dark Brown #120 for 6 years and have loved it. Three weeks ago I bought a box of your "New and Improved" box and although you have changed packaging before, you haven't changed your product. I was getting ready for my 30 year college reunion and dyed it 2 weeks before the event. Well, what a mistake! The new product didn't mix well, stained my scalp, neck and face, and didn't dye my hair evenly! My hair that has always been a very lovely dark brown came out jet black! It looked ridiculous! And worst of all...it is causing my hair to fall out! I was horrified this weekend at my reunion to have bald spots on top of my head! I was humiliated! I don't ever see myself using your product again, and you can be sure I will be using every avenue I can to tell the world what your product has done to me!

• Ka
      24th of Jun, 2018

I have used clarol nice n easy dark brown for about 10 years and always liked it, but now you have so called improved it my hair has turned black and I absolutely hate it I can’t understand why you would want to change a product when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place I am very disappointed and will not be buying this product again,
    Karen whittaker

• Au
      4th of Jul, 2018

These comments could be me I am in my sixties, have used Clairol for donkeys years, always good until now. Last three colours were awful. The first was bright orange when it should have been golden auburn, the second and third did not colour much at all especially grey hair and hair was left brittle and like straw. Please go back to the old formula. I am at my wits end as my colour does not always appear in other products, but I certainly will have another look. I asked my hairdressers advice and she says she has had other complaints from her other customers. Why did you have to change? I had to have a lot of hair cut off it was in such bad condition, how can this be a good substitute?

• Ca
      18th of Oct, 2018

@AuntSally I too have been using nice 'n easy for many years. The new formula, I used it three times, left my hair straw like. I've had to cut it short. My hairdressers said it would take two years to get it all out just with trims. I have got no where with Clairol and their insurance company Chubbs, completely dismissing me.

• Ni
      21st of Jul, 2018

I have just used colour SB2 ... Summer blonde ...more like dowdy grey. For many years I have used colour 101 which has always received good comments. Then 101 was changed to 9.5A then to 10A ... is someone trying to use up all the numbers and letters in the alphabet to confuse customers?? It is more easier to pour a bottle of liquid into another bottle of liquid other than squeezing a tube of cream into a bottle (who the hell thought that up??) I am sitting here with an itchy scalp and puffy face and grey hair. Unfortunately I thought the Summer blonde would be an improvement to the last 10A concoction. I would please like to personally complain to a person at Clairol...please advise and listen to your customers!!!

• Ev
      29th of Jul, 2018

New and Improved it is not! Have used the medium golden brown for years and have been very happy with it and have gotten many compliments. The new medium golden brown has turned my roots and hairline a coppery color with no golden color at all. It has also given my hair a very dull look and no built in highlights. Why would I buy a hair color that is advertised as a medium golden brown color when it is actually a medium brown copper! The smell is nauseating and stays in your hair for weeks! I absolutely hate the new and not improved colors.

• La
      31st of Jul, 2018

I'm so upset my lovely dark blonde hair is dirty Brown. I can't so crying. 35 years of usage. I loved nice and easy. What have you done?
    Please help I don't know what to do. I what my lovely colour back. Can I use another brand so soon after using your product?

• Ge
      4th of Aug, 2018

I have used Nice & Easy for almost 15 yrs. Light Golden Brown. Well today my hair is almost Black. What did you people do?? It is horrible. It looks like straw and feels the same. This is the worst product. I've never had a bad experience with Clairol or any other hair color product. Your company needs to fix the problem. Looks like I'll be buying L'Oreal instead. I'm so depressed over this. I don't think y husband will be very happy when he gets home.

My hair is short and I get it cut every 4 weeks. So will let it grow out for a few months.

I'm glad that other woman have had the same experience, at least I don't feel so all alone.

• Ca
      18th of Oct, 2018

@Genealogy Girl I too have been using nice 'n easy for many years. The new formula, I used it three times, left my hair straw like. I've had to cut it short. My hairdressers said it would take two years to get it all out just with trims. I have got nowhere with Clairol and their insurance company Chubbs, completely dismissing me. I did call Clairol and spoke to a person, they referred me to their insurance company. Mr. Williams indicated that no one else has ever complained about straw-like hair. I knew he was not telling the truth.

3rd of Oct, 2018

Have used your medium brown for years. Always had great color results. It always covered my grey and allowed my natural reddish highlights to shine through. This new formula is HORRIBLE. Medium brown should be a nice mousy brown (which is my natural hair color and always loved it) THIS IS DARK BROWN! I have a wedding this weekend and I'm going looking like a vampire with my hair this dark. RIDICULOUS!

Time to find a new product. Sorry Clairol, this massive mistake you made could be a huge dent in your bottom line as many of us will move to other brands. I will. The two unopened boxes I have are going back to the store. I HOPE women read these reviews BEFORE buying your new formulas.

I won't ever take a chance with your hair color again. None of your other colors appeal to me.