CIMB Bank / cimb cheque clearing issues!

Malaysia Review updated:

Just to inform the few million CIMB consumers that they are add it again.

During the June and July 08 cheque fiasco, where cheques was not clearing on time. It has happened again but with a different twist.

Now in October previous cheques that we returned during the July fiasco is now being cleared in October. Oh my goodness.

On top of that the payee bank says it is cleared but CIMB says it doesn't have the money. Only after countless calls and emails and escalations with faxed documents does some action occur. I didn't realised it was such a big issue till I googled "CIMB cheque clearing issues" that I find so many blogs and compliants.

Read the links for some background to the issue.
We

Comments

Be
  21st of Nov, 2008
My cheque deposited on 26 October 2008 in USJ 9 branch could not be located.
Je
  27th of May, 2009
whenever I want to claim back my vehicle registration card from this bank, they always said that the document is not kept by them because they dont have the record there on computer.But when I turn to the agent to buy motor insurance and roadtax, the agent always have the way to get the duplicated copy for me.The agent told me he hire the runner to process all this thing for me.I think It must be their staffs keeping my registration card for the benefit of insurance commision.It is an act of robery. I will complaint it to other organisation soon.

CIMB Bank Logo CIMB Bank