Cigna Healthcare / PHT program

My employer uses CIGNA Healthcare to administer its self-paid health insurance plans. Recently my wife and I have been receiving robo-calls every few days (sometimes daily) from CIGNA PHT [protected]). Apparently CIGNA is under the presumption that they have the right to "advise" us with a "Personal Health Team" on how our personal healthcare should be addressed, offering totally unwanted advice. I maintain that our healthcare is ONLY a matter between us and our physicians and NO BUSINESS of a bunch of insurance company beancounters. CIGNA has been told repeatedly to bugger off, that we refuse their unwanted meddling in our healthcare affairs.

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Jul, 2009
    Cigna - Non-payment
    Cigna
    9124 Asbury pk
    Detroit
    Michigan
    Phone: 313-397-6351

I was hurt and had to take off work for almost 2 years off and on and cigna insurance has not paid me a dime while I was off. They were still taking payment for short long term disability insurance out of my check and the job was sending 0.00 checks. I lost the chance to buy my first house and had to move back in with my mother because I couldn't keep up the payments and thank god she was a coworker so she knew how sorry cigna was and she let me out the sale of the house with out any finacial responsibility.
    Because I was attach to the job the unemployment office will not pay me for 1 of the year or maybe more I have to appeal.

Thank You and have a great day.

• Bl
      7th of Jan, 2011
    Cigna Healthcare - Poor Service
    CIGNA Healthcare

Tried to talk to an agent on Monday and Tuesday - 20-30 minute wait times.

Finally got an agent that could care less - the service in this company has seriously eroded over the last 3 months.

• Sw
      14th of Apr, 2012

It could be a part of your health insurance plan. Some companies who have a self funded plan try to think of ways to cut their claims cost by having their members get bombarded with health advice. i would look at your benefit certificate

• Me
      19th of Apr, 2012

Actually, in the case of my employer, CIGNA DOESN'T have the right to force a policyholder to participate, they just make it very hard to decline. I contacted my HR rep, who in turn directed me to our contracted benefits handling firm. I then placed a call to that firm, and their rep in turn called CIGNA itself. The rep at CIGNA was clueless about the robo-calls (had no record), and in turn had to call someone at PHT, which I believe is an independent subcontractor. The rep at PHT was then "persuaded" to fill out paperwork to opt me out of the unwanted intrusion into my personal business. Unfortunately, each covered person in the family has to make a separate call to OPT OUT.

Call 855-246-1873 and tell CIGNA PHT that you refuse the "benefit" and demand paperwork be processed on the spot to OPT YOU OUT.

2nd of May, 2013

Don't worry, soon the insurance companies will own your provider. http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/business/news/state-approves-highmark-west-penn-allegheny-health-system-merger-685517/

• Mi
      3rd of Feb, 2015

I've been getting the robo calls, too. But they're looking for someone else! At least two calls per week for at least three weeks.

• Su
      4th of Jan, 2016

In my case, I have a couple of chronic medical conditions, Type 2 diabetes and hypertension. I get a phone call from a nurse every 3-4 months to talk about my progress with these conditions, blood test results, and any other health concerns. As long as I agree to participate in their management program, my doctor visits, co-pays, medications and supplies are covered in full. While some might find this intrusive, I find that not having to pay for these things, especially diabetic supplies, is a big health benefit. It doesn't kill me to speak to a nurse 3 or 4 times a year.