Cigna Disability / STD Denial
My wife had surgery which resulted in a great amount of pain that she continues to life with. She went to numerous doctors over a period of months before the diagnosis was found to be a trapped nerve. While having to live with excruciating, continuous pain & trying to find the root cause of the problem; we had to deal with a company (cigna) who makes your life more of a living hell than it already is. Continuously asking for documentation & picking the doctors' words & phrases that justify their right of denial while completely ignoring wording that would not. Delaying, denying & hoping that you'll become so aggravated & demoralized that you eventually give up.
I honestly don't understand how these people can sleep at night knowing the misery they are causing people who depend on short term disability to live and then compounding it with enough paperwork from doctors that would keep a part time secretary busy - when they know they're just going to deny it anyway.
I haven't wished ill on anyone in years but I hope there is truly karma for all the people in cigna (esp Rachael Z) who have caused my wife & I so much stress & worry through all this. You are one ### company.
More Cigna Disability Complaints & Reviews
- Cigna Healthcare - PHT program 
- Cigna - Rip off company 
- Cigna Healthcare - Termination 
- Cigna - A company without ethics and care 
- Ieee Cigna Group Health Insurance - Deceptive marketing practices! 
- Cigna International - more robocalls than I can count
- Cigna International - insurance
- Cigna International - fsa
- Cigna International - denial of surgery even with submitted proof from 4 medical professionals
- Cigna International - locked fsa account