CIC Credit Monitoring / Charging my credit card without my permission

They are charging my credit card without my permission. How can I stop this and get my money back? Advise smb!

Sv

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Feb, 2007

I was reviewing my bank statement and notice that I had been charged $79.95 for a monitoring service that I have never received a report from. I remember about 2 years ago, I tried to enroll in the credit monitoring service but was unable to download a report so I called the monitoring service and ask them to disenroll me, they told me I must be doing something wrong while trying to download the report, I insisted they disenroll me, I thought they did. They charged me again on 03/08/06 for $79.95 and when I call the 1-800-220-2626 I get a answering machine that kept me on hold for more than 40 minutes, I called 5 times pressing each of the information numbers. How do I stop this company from charging my credit card.

• Fr
      12th of Mar, 2007

Company deceptively marketed "free credit reports" by not adequately disclosing that consumers automatically would be signed up for a credit monitoring service also by your practice of causing the annual $79.95 charges to be assessed for payment without the consumers' express, informed consent causes, is likely to cause, or has caused, substantial injury to consumers other than me that is not reasonably avoidable by consumers themselves. Your company also failed to disclose or to disclose adequately in their advertisements or on their websites that the "free" credit reports they were offering were not associated with the annual free credit report program . It also failed to explicitly disclose that subscribers would be automatically signed up into a paid credit-monitoring program.

• El
      26th of Mar, 2007

I saw that someone was complaining that CIC Credit Monitoring was charging them $9.95 a month for some service that they were scammed into. I also was scammed by this company. It has been very hard to contact this company to terminate this service. However, I finally found their contact information and was successful in terminating the service. The contact info: http://www.ciccredit.com/contact.asp and their phone number is 1-866-506-7895.

• Be
      11th of Apr, 2007

My husband and i also did this credit report..."free", and now six months later we noticed a 12.00 dollar charge from cic. We went back in our statements and noticed three so far this year, which means they probably have been charging us for six months for something we did not order. It is really disturbing because i called the company and they refused to help us with out our card information and ssn.
    I got pretty rude with the guy on the phone and demanded to speak with the supervisor...
    He was a joke too! I told him that i wanted all the money that his company stole from my family refunded. It was a lot of ### and it was worthless. My only suggestion to anyone else who gets fraud ed by these people is to cancel your credit card asap!!! They cant charge you if its canceled. Then alert the bbb, attorney general, and the fed trade commission.

Good luck

• Ka
      18th of Apr, 2007

I had checked my credit scores but I don't know how to get it to stop charging my card. Can Anyone tell me how to get it turned off? Please help

• Ed
      21st of Apr, 2007

I have tried to cancel CIC twice . I have received a letter confirming my request, but after six months it still is on my credit card statement. my feeling is this company is very dishonest

29th of May, 2007

I don't want that cic credit monitoring continue charging my account. I tried to call the number that they give in my credit card, and I don't have success. How can i cancel my cic if i don't have an e-mail address or an regular address?

Who can help me?
    Please let me know.

• Ti
      17th of Jun, 2007

My husband and I have noticed that almost every month that CIC has been taking $9.95 being taken out of our checking account. I tried to get hold of the rep in Shelbyville, Ky but got a "no longer in service" voice on the other end. There is a lawsuit going on against this company but I can't find the email address for that and the time to get involved is almost gone.

• La
      21st of Jun, 2007

I called the CIC and was on hold for a good 5 minutes. Then I tried my credit card company and told them about the situation. I was told to call and cancel. I called the number on my statement and spoke personally to a representative and he explained that CIC is an affiliate of Experian through which I received my free credit report. I insisted that I did not authorize the deduction but he tried to explain that there is a free 30-days trial and if i did not cancel then I will be billed. So I demanded it to be canceled.

• Er
      17th of Aug, 2007

Same experience with unauthorized credit card charges after purported free credit check. Is there no way to initiate effective limits on what appears to be common and continuing wrong doing by this company?

• Mo
      29th of Aug, 2007

I have had the same problem. They said to get on the site to find the number to cancel. I tried to go to the site and could not remember the password. I could not access it either. So i am stuck with this bill every month. I got the same run around as everyone else has. If someone knows how to get it canceled, please email me. This has cost me. It has made my account overdrawn more than once and cost me 33.00 dollars every time plus 9.95. If anyone can help me on this let me know. I want to know why they can continue to screw people and get by with it.

• Pa
      28th of Sep, 2007

Same experience with unauthorized credit card charges after purported free credit check. I just called 1-866-506-7895 and canceled my membership.

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2007

Can anyone tell me what questions they ask you when you call to cancel? I do not want to give them any more information!

30th of Nov, 2007

I FOUND A CHARGE 4 9.95 AND GOT THERE NUMBER VIA MY BANK AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE A CREDIT MONITORING SERVICE AND THAT WE HAD VIEWED OUR REPORT THROUGH THEM UNDER A FREE TRAIL, WE HAVEN'T VIEWED OUR REPORT IN AT LEAST A YEAR AND IT WASN'T THROUGH THEM, SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY EVEN GOT OUR INFO. AND STOLE MONEY FROM US.

• Ju
      9th of Dec, 2007

I also cancelled within the 30 day time frame. But I to am paying $9.95 a month without my permission.

4th of Jan, 2008

this is their site. there is a phone number there so you can cancel.

• Sh
      22nd of Feb, 2008

CIC is a big rip-off company. They rip you off anyway they can. I had have been taking my money, $12.99 every month for almost a year after I had canceled it which I never signed up in first place. I called them up again to cancel it. We should all right to the California State Attorney General for class suit action.

Shin

• Da
      7th of Mar, 2008

hey everyone, i noticed 39.95 taken from my credit card from the cic credit report and looked into it, i saw all the complaints about it continualy taking the money out every month. i found out that it is a company through Experian. they have offers in the amounts of 12.?? and 14.?? which might be what you got singed up for, i was in the same boat and my bank helped me contace the company where i found out that i had an account. i suggest that you contact experian and either cancel your account or find out your user name and pass word and put your account to use -dan

• St
      17th of Mar, 2008

Free Credit Reporting...we pay someone to watch-dog our account, but in reality we have to watch our own accounts to avoid being "secretly" charged by these thieves. They allow themselves to sleep at night because they is fine print notation in grey ink, which most people cannot read.

*They will however refund a two-month credit to your credit card. Please make sure you demand this, as it is well deserved.

-Stu

• Be
      1st of Apr, 2008

i call and cancel order email them and still being charge