CIC CE Credit Report / Charging $12.95 a month out of checking account

They have charged $12.95 a month out of my checking account for the past two months. I DON'T WANT A CREDIT REPORT SERVICE! Just looked into free credit report to see what was entailed, and all of the sudden they are taking out money every month. Don't need it..don't want it. How do we get rid of them??

Comments

• So
      5th of May, 2008

I had the same problem with this CIC company. The catch is that when you sign up to receive your credit report, there is a message that pops up regarding credit monitoring and CIC. I didn't ask for this service either, but was being billed for it every month as well. I called my bank and they had given me the number to the company. I called the company and cancelled the service. You all may have to do the same. Unfortunately, I didn't save the number, but if you call you bank, they should be able to give you the number to CIC. I hope this has somewhat helped someone.

• Al
      7th of May, 2008

For the last 3 months they have charged 14.95 to my debit card. I signed up for a free credit report and now I get charged evey month. Has anyone had any luck getting money back from these crooks?

• Wa
      7th of May, 2008

The same thing happened to me, but when I called to dispute it they said that they couldn't see the charge in their database, and that I am going to have to send in a copy of my account info as proof that the charge went through. This is just BS.

• Mb
      8th of May, 2008

I had a charge on my creditcard several times, how do I get them to stop?

• Br
      12th of May, 2008

I called the number & cancelled after going through a lot of BS. My bank has suggested I also get a new check card to prevent this thieving company from doing it again. You can believe I'm going to the bank tomorrow to arrange for just that. I'm not convinced this outlaw group is not going to try to rob my account again.

• Ar
      14th of May, 2008

MY DEBIT CARD WAS BILLED 14 DOLLARS WITH OUT MY KNOWLEDGE

15th of May, 2008

I thought that my husband and I were getting the free credit report. We followed everything that they said to do in the online application and it said several times that they would not charge our credit cards that it was FREE!!! Well on our next months credit card bills we both had a $40.00 charge. I called and they said that we received all of the 3 credit reports which we did not and that they would not refund our money. So I was agrevated and was telling them that I didn't authorize these charges and the lady hung up on me twice. So the last time I called I asked for their mail address so I can turn them into the BBB.

17th of May, 2008

I too got a charge $14.95 from free credit report.com. I have mailed them about it. Waiting for their reply.
    By the way will they credit the amount back to our account?

24th of May, 2008
    CIC CE Credit Report

I have never heard of this company and now there is a 49.95 charge on my credit card. I have not requested a credit report or signed up for any credit monitoring services. Does anyone have a website or phone number I can call to dispute the charges with the company themselves instead of through my cc company?

• Ye
      29th of May, 2008
    cic credit report
    www.cic ce credit report.com

I`m being charged by a company I used one time which was supose to be free.I want my name off this so called one time free credit report scam.

• Ka
      1st of Jun, 2008
    12782 windward ct
    Victorville
    Phone: 760-780-0225

I was charged 14.95 erroneous charge for a credit check. I did not authorize the charge. What can I do? Plz advise smb!

• Ka

CIC CE Credit Report Charge - Unauthorized charges for 3 months
    CIC CE Credit Report Charge
    freecreditreport.com

To whom it may concern,

I have noticed a $14.95 charge on my credit card for the past three months. I am aware that I did request a credit report from freecreditreport.com. I never received a completed report and would like to cancel my request and stop this charge from showing up on future credit card bills.

How do I go about doing this?

10th of Jun, 2008

I experienced the same thing. I called the number listed here after "googling" the company name listed on my credit card. I called, cancelled the "account, " asked for a confirmation letter that the account had been cancelled, asked for the name and ID number of the individual I was speaking to and asked to speak to a manager or supervisor. I notified them that I was very disappointed and upset by their unethical business means and false advertising, that I had every intention of contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General, and spreading the news of my experience via word or mouth to everyone I knew, and that I am in a prominent enough position that it will affect there business. I recommend that anyone experiencing the same situation follow these steps as well. The news and telecasts are a good idea also.

10th of Jun, 2008

I also forgot to add that you should recieve a full refund. I was told I would recieve one and will be checking for it in 7-10 days.

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2008
    Missouri

I used this credit report and canceled my membership and they are still charging my debit card. How can I stop this from happening? Beware all!

• La
      25th of Jun, 2008

Did any of you receive back the refund and were u able to cancel the membership succesfully?

• Le
      9th of Jul, 2008

I found a charge of 14.95 on my credit card. No authorization was given to anyone for this charge. I do not give permission because I do not want your service or report. Please respond!

10th of Jul, 2008

They have charged me $15.00. I called to have the charge removed and they said I signed up for credit monitoring. They will not refund the money and after being very nice and simply requesting to speak to a manager I was hung up on. He said "NO. Click".

• To
      15th of Jul, 2008

Thank you for the info. I had same scam attack. 14.95 a month for 2 monthes.
    the girl who I talked to was speaking so fast I had hard time understanding what she was trying to say, so I asked her to speak slowly, and it turned out the she was trying to sell the same service again to me when I called to cancel. I said no, then she tries to convince me to allow her to check my credit report again because there maybe changes to it. I do not know, but if I have said yes, then they may have signed me up again for the new account or something. I had to tell her I am not interested in repeatedly and also had to ask her to cancel the account again and again. this must be illegal, if not, it should be!!!