chevrolet spark car / abnormal delay in rendering service

India Review updated:
Dear sir,
I own a spark car bought in the month of september07 which got drowned in flood on 11/02/08
and was towed back to your gm service center(kun automobiles, hyderabad).
Subsequently I got calls from the service center to register the claim with the insurance company which i did and i visited personally on 19th feb 08 they told me that it will take 15 days time that means the car should have been ready by 4th of march08 in between there was no update from your service center about my car.

They called me on march26th saying the car is ready and the bill has been sent to the the insurance for approval. The balance after the insurance company payment has to be borne by me which is fair enough.

Earlier i had bad experience with Daewoo Matiz car keeping that in mind i always bought a car manufactured by maruthi.
I was reluctant to buy Spark car but after seeing the service guarantee claim in your advertisements made by your managing director i reluctantly bought the car now the time taken to solve my problem and lack of update makes me come to conclusion that my decision of buying the car was wrong.

Iam taking the car delivery today but i expect a reply from general motors on the bad service rendered by you and i expect the amount paid by me refunded for the delay in rendering service.

Once again i would like to say iam utterly dissapointed by the service levels of general motors.
This is the second instance earlier also i had to call your helpline no to get a proper response from kun automobiles for a simple problem.

Hope you would get a positive reply otherwise i would be forced to take issue further.
Na

Comments

Jk
  26th of Sep, 2008
sir
I want to purchage spark car from kanpur (U.P)deler, I give Rs 11000:00 advance, in the booking time he say he delever the car in navratri, but to day he say i dont no car staytus so i am very hopless, what can i do pleas suggest me.
Sa
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Sir i have booked a spark of kashmira colour in the name of Sanjay Kak ( My Cousin ) from KC motors jammu and paid the advance to the dealer 10-15 days back, but the dealer is now asking to take some other colour as the kashmira colour is out of production, is it true, please suggest
Sh
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Dear Sir,

Please refer to the change of dealership in Lucknow. We are facing problem in getting my car serviced due to following :-

1. I bought the car in Sept 2007.
2 .Your service center with the new dealer (Megha Auto Dealer(I) Pvt Ltd) was not ready in Sept 2008.
3. The Service center is still operating from make shift place quite out side city center.
4. New service center at Ring Road will take some time to come up.
5. Your dealer contacted at 98390 99202 is showing reluctance to do my free service due at 10000 Km.
6. I will have to incur additional cost in going to your dealer's make shift service center which is 16 Km away from your previous dealer service center.
7. There is no email address of new dealer mentioned on the GM India website.

My car has done 9500 Km and I want 10 000 Km due free car service to be completed asap.

I request you to instruct your dealer to do my car service on priority without any additional cost.

Please reply and confirm in this regard. You may also like to instruct your new dealer in this regard.

Kindly also inform me when your dealer's regular Service Center would be ready at Ring Road, Lucknow

Sharad Kumar