CheapTrips.com / fraud

1 1930 Marlton Pike EastCherry Hill, NJ, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. I had joined the lifetime membership 5 years ago for $99, and the company would not give me my password to access the site. When I tried to call them back at the number they called me from, it was some manufacturing company. I then hear from them yesterday, saying well we see that you have been a member for 5 years, but have not taken advantage of our savings. The guy offers me 2 airline ticket for $99 (up to 6 tickets) anywhere in US, Canada, or Carribean with no blackout dates. I tell the guy I am not at home, and ask him to call me back in 15 minutes. He calls me back, and I tell him our experience with trying to get a password for internet access. He says that if I order the airline tickets, my internet access info will arrive along with the tickets. I ask why he can't give me access, so that I can at least look at the internet site to see if there is anything that interests me. He says he just needs to know if I want to purchase the tickets or "pass". I said, "I guess I'll pass." He hangs the phone up on me before I can say another word. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!!!

Comments

• De
      24th of May, 2010

CheapTrips.com called me the beginning of April & offered me pairs of round trip tickets for $99.00! I told them I'm traveling in mid June, the responded, no problem ~ because I had to book 30 days in advance. I kept calling & emailing when I finally was given (over the phone) a web site & login information. I followed instructions & gave $25.00! I received my "voucher" today May 24 TOO LATE TO MAKE A 30 DAY RESERVATION! Besides, I now have to send in the voucher and wait for them to call me back to make the reservation! WHAT A RIO OFF!!!

• Ri
      2nd of Dec, 2010

Oh my gosh!!! They just keep on ripping people off. I purchased a life time VIP life time membership. I flushed my money down the toilet stool. You get nothing but ripped off. I wonder why they have not been prosecuted for this travel scam.

• Kj
      23rd of Feb, 2011

The same thing happened to me but I bought the tickets. 6 of them as it was such a good deal. I have filed an "E" Mail complaint asking for my money back and now playing the waiting game. Never again will cheaptrips get another dime from me. They do have an occasional good deal, but their marketing by lying is a very bad thing.