Channel 7 / programming

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

The Seven Network doesn't deserve to have any contract with the AFL while it continues to treat match coverage as a token in NSW.

Showing the NAB games at 1AM in the morning is ridiculous. They're normally aired after some obscure ancient chick flick that I can't believe would pull the audience justified to bump any AFL match into the AM.

If you're going to show a match at 1AM you could at least have the decency to condense the programme down to a couple of hours rather than showing the incredibly long version that ends at 4AM.

Can you really believe forcing loyal viewers to become bleary eyed victims of insomnia is helping your brand. I doubt it because I can tell you right now that I absolutely HATE the Seven Network. You treat AFL fans like crap in this state.

Comments

• Je
      25th of Jan, 2010

Channel 7 should not be allowed any television rights to sporting events. It's the day before Australia - our national day - an Australian is playing in the Australian Open and Channel 7 think it is better to show crap television shows like TodayTonight (a load of rubbish at best) and Home and Away (not much better). Seriously, I hope the rights to the Australian Open go to Channel 9 or 10 next year, because clearly channel 7 have no idea or respect. If you want the rights to these events then show them!

• Wo
      26th of Jun, 2010

Channel 7 must think we are idiots!! They keep on pimping out the repeats on shows like Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer and so on. When will Channel 7 realise that they are just pissing people off by doing this

• Pa
      9th of Jul, 2011

Why is channel 7 given the rights to the v8 supercars when there main priority is AFL, I am so fed up with not being able to see it live. I am at a point where I hate AFL and channel 7 for their crap service. Chanel 7 have 5 digital 3 channels playing the same thing and the other 2 playing well just crap what sort of service is this why have so many channels if you are not going to use them to their full potential. As for Tony Cochrane he has sold the v8 fans out, these are the same people who finance his life style. Give the rights back to channel 10 which served v8 fans well and promoted the v8s well over a ten year period and which raised the sport to new levels of popularity within Australia. Cochrane you suck along with channel 7

• Bl
      2nd of Dec, 2015

Just want to say love Peter Mitchel and his reporting persona, lovely man BUT the weather boy and girl PLEASE we can live without their
    over the top attempts at making their personalities noticed . We just want the weather report please no competing for the next Logi for personality of the year it is really distracting and annoying. Restrained politeness and just the weather please and a little modesty. You are just irritating we are only interested in the weather please not you. Know your place.