Menu
Tappytoon Comics & Novels Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Tappytoon Comics & Novels
reviews & complaints

www.tappytoon.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.7 39 Reviews

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Complaints Summary

18 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Tappytoon Comics & Novels's exceptional service, your concerns are likely to be addressed quickly and effectively. However, stay informed about their service offerings and policies. Regularly review user feedback on various platforms to get a complete picture of their customer service. Prepare specific questions or concerns you might have before contacting support for a more streamlined experience.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Tappytoon Comics & Novels has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Tappytoon Comics & Novels. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Tappytoon Comics & Novels reviews & complaints

D
12:27 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Tappytoon's "time til free" offer

So I tried reading one of my stories that have "time til free" on them at around 8 AM and it's not working on the Tappytoon's app. I was reading False Confessions and I'm all the way up to chapter 64, which I was forced to unlock using points because the "time til free" isn't working anymore even though it says "time til free" is still activated. I have found out that the ONLY way I can get to the next chapter is by spending more points or waiting 24 hours for another 64 days before it'll work again. That is horrible. I'm logged in to the app and I can't even read chapter 65 without having to lose another 300 points. I keep going back to the App, expecting False Confessions to tell me how much longer I have to wait before reading chapter 65 and the only thing I see is the option to unlock the chapter with 300 points. It's not fair. I was able to use "time til free" before on that story, but now it refuses to work correctly. :(

Desired outcome: It was supposed to be telling me how many hours I have to wait before reading chapter 65, but it won't.

View 0 more photos
R

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Good but things I would think should be addressed

It’s a great app but there are quite a few things that I think needs to be put to light. First some stories have this timer that allows you to get one free chapter every 24 hours but not every story. Only selective stories have them and some only for a short time which I really don’t appreciate. I do t wanna have to watch 30 ads to be able to read a one minute chapter and I can’t read a lot of stories I want to because I don’t have the time or energy to do that. Plus the only other way to read a story without watching the ads is to buy points to read the stories but I don’t wanna spend all that money for such a small amount of content! Also depending on the story you can only read so many free chapters. Once you are almost done with the story they stop giving you the free chapters and you have to buy them with points! Finally you still have to spend points on stories that haven’t been finished yet and I don’t understand why we should have to spend the points if all the content isn’t even there! The stories are good but I can’t get into the story if I can’t actually read it. I would really appreciate if you try to add things like this because I think it would improve the lives of everyone who uses the app and you would still get money because people can get really impatient and want to watch the adds to figure out what happens next or buy it.

Love, a fan of this app

M

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Cleaning my phone

The app is good enough compared to other comic apps like it (especially with the little membership program they just started) but that’s not why I’m writing this.

I was cleaning the gunk out of my iPhone case (nasty pusculous gunk so nasty it stained my shirt yuck yuck ew ew ew yuck long overdue I guess) and when I was putting the phone back into the cleaner case, the screenshot setting went off.

To my surprise, a warning popped up saying screenshot detected and something like that.

I wanted to email support directly to say I deleted it quick (still seems determined to upload to iCloud -_- might have to erase again if that ‘1 upload in progress’ is what I think it is -_-) but I couldn’t find a single option to do that.

So now I’m here, saying nice and clear, I was cleaning a nasty, pus gunk filled, phone case, and shoving the phone back in. Not stupid pirating -_- freaking stupid idea when I bought that series with the tokens, but with the idea idiots might do so for stupid YouTube vids, I figured better err on the side of caution with all the chapters I’ve been buying over the last year or two (I forget exactly when I started, sometime at the start of Co-video, if you know what I mean.) and state that firmly that I wouldn’t do something so stupid, especially when I ‘own’ the chapters already (exclaimation marks around own cuz we know that’s not a thing with these apps)

Hide full review

Is Tappytoon Comics & Novels legit?

Our verdict: Tappytoon Comics & Novels has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Tappytoon Comics & Novels's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Tappytoon Comics & Novels can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Tappytoon Comics & Novels achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels resolved 94% of 19 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels has received 10 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Tappytoon.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Tappytoon Comics & Novels website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Tappytoon.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Tappytoon Comics & Novels and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Adult content may be available on tappytoon.com. It is important to be aware of potential risks and to use caution when accessing or engaging with such content.

Tappytoon.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Tappytoon Comics & Novels.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Tappytoon Comics & Novels protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
M

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Worth every penny

Short version:
I like the app, I love the stories. I would highly recommend this if you’re willing to spend money on webcomics to support creators.

Long version:
To address some other reviewer concerns, yes this webtoon app can get a little expensive. You buy tokens and with those you can unlock the comics. Every comic I’ve viewed has the first two to three free chapters free, which is awesome and usually helps me decide whether or not I want to use my tokens for further reading. Tokens unlock the chapter permanently for an account.

I’ll admit I’ve spent a good amount of money buying tokens, but in my opinion the comics are worth it. The majority of comics have beautiful art, fun stories, and great translations. In the age of free webcomics, a lot of people seem to forget that these artists need to make a living too. Comic creation is a full time job if we expect consistent updates.

There’s a good variety of comics already, but I’m really looking forward to the app getting more. Some of my favorites (Who Made Me A Princess and Doctor Elise) were just released recently and I’ve got my fingers crossed for some more great ones further down the line.

As a general app I’ve found that this runs smoothly. It’s easy to use and has a nice layout. Any bug issues I’ve had were addressed, and I super appreciate how interactive the social media team for this app has been (they’re a lot of fun to follow on Instagram).

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Love it! Amateurs move aside!

Warning: RANT incoming! Short version: tappytoons is so lowkey yet sooo good but yes you gotta pay! Oh the yaoi! I read a lot of comics online, keep up with the personal sites of my favorite artists that post on their own, also sites like smackjeeves and tapas, ever since they were called tapastic. People going off about how you gotta pay this, money that and i wouldn’t have made a squeak about tappytoons but these comments here are so laughable, i actually made my first review ever. Continuing my rant! Line came along and people started moving around trying out stuff different. Free is nice for readers but then you hear your fave artists have money problems, well duh! Problem is, when they go to those huuuge sites, they get lost in the noise! I’m not interested in every picture you draw in your notebook and submit as a “comic”, i wanna see the really good ones that actually have a story and a arc and art that makes me go wow. Lezhin is fun but that got suuper expensive real quick. I hope tappytoons gets more known because they make it reasonable. Do artists really not know this yet?! If you care, and if you buy a sandwich for lunch you can afford a few bucks for spotify or twitch emotes or whatever, you can spare it for comic artists! Do it and you won’t regret it. Now if tappytoons actually added a comment section so i can rant like this there and holler with my fellow boy lover shippers, that would be awesome too!

O

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Too expensive

The stories in here are good. There’s so many comics here that are much better than the stories you can find in other comic apps. The only thing I don’t like is that i can’t rly read a lot of chapters. To unlock a chapter, I have to pay 3 tokens or 300 points. Tokens are bought with money, while points are acquired by either watching ads or completing an offer. It looks good for now, but each ad will only give you 10 points. So to complete a single chapter, you have to watch 30 ads! Literally, you spend more time watching ads than finishing a single chapter. I know that it’s because you have to pay the artist and stuff, but not everyone have money to buy tokens, and not everyone can watch 30 ads to unlock a single chapter. Plus, you can only watch 30 ads an hour, which means, for us broke people, we can only unlock a single chapter every hour, that is after we watch 30 ads. Im just gonna say, not everyone can pay, not everyone has a job, I am currently in middle school, which means I can’t buy things, because my parents doesn’t spoil me. What I’m trying to say is that there’s lots of people like me, teenagers who only wants to read a comic. I’m sure if you guys would just add more points that you can receive in one ad, many more people would download the app. Anyways, I’m just saying that. As I said earlier, I love the stories in this app, it’s just messed up how I watched 30 ads just to unlock a single measly chapter that I can finish in 2 minutes. ^^

T
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Good stories, but…

The artwork and stories seem really fascinating, but you can only read so much for free. I love reading these comics. I love reading in general and I would love to support and pay to read the rest, but I do not have enough many to satisfy my hunger for reading. I love WEBTOON because it’s free and I can comment, like, and subscribe to the comics I read. I can’t do any of that with this app. I can’t save or subscribe the comic I’m currently reading. If I want to re-read one, I have to search for it again because it won’t let me subscribe. Even under the “Recent” tab nothing shows up. Honestly, I just feel really let down and frustrated after I read the free episodes because I can’t continue reading. The way this app is set up, you practically have to be swimming in money to afford to read these stories. I’m a student paying for classes, I don’t have money to spend on stories every week. I understand the authors need compensation for their work, but there should be a better way to go about it. For example, have them be compensated for the amount of subscribers/likes per episode.? Even doing something similar to Crunchyroll would be fine, such as having ads before and after every episode or paying a subscription fee to be able to view the comics.
WEBTOON is an amazing app, but I like to have more options when reading, unfortunately it seems this app won’t be one of them. I think I’m just going to have to delete this app and forget what I’ve already read.

C

Tappytoon Comics & Novels It’s nice but expensive

The app and website are really easy to use and understand and the stories they have are interesting and fun to read. If you look at the description of the story it gives you recommendations to similar stories.

It’s also nice because it allows you to purchase up to x amount of chapters at a time if you have the points for it instead of having to get the chapter one at a time.

The only downfall off the site is that the points they use to gain access to the rest of the stories (after the free ones) are high and the pricing to get more points are expensive.

The first chapter or two (or if there is an event more than that) for the comics are free but then each chapter after that is 300 points (For the comics I’ve looked at). And if the story is over 30 chapters then it’s a lot of money you’re spending to finish. And that’s if the story is completed.
For the highest tier of points (84,000) you spend over $100 (94.99 + tax if you get the VIP Membership - 4.99 + tax each month-, saving you 25% ) and while the points sound like a lot it goes quickly because the comic chapters are 300 points individually.

I’ve purchased 30 chapters at once and that was like 15,000 points or so, I still had to purchase the next 10 or so chapters which was like 6000 points, and the story wasn’t even completed. So yeah, It all adds up quickly, do what you will with that info.

If they lowered the pricing or the points it would be a five star review for me because overall it’s a cool app.

G

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Good Quality

I really didn't want to download this app because it was pay to read. It's not that I'm against paying to read a good manga, it's just that I knew it was going to add up in my bank account. I gave in and got it, and I wasn't wrong. I feel like the prices are a bit much, personally. Although I'm not sure if it's because I just read through all of the chapters pretty quickly. My first purchase was for $40, and that went by pretty quickly, so I had to buy again. The stories on this app are pretty good, some better than others, and I was kinda surprised at how much BL there was lol I've really enjoyed what I've read so far, my only gripe about them would probably be that most series aren't complete yet and are updated weekly. I read on LINE Webtoon, another app that updates mangas on almost a weekly basis, but I don't mind with that one seeing as I'm not paying for it if that makes any sense? Another thing I wish this app had was more of a selection. It's not that it doesn't have a lot of titles, but I think there are only a few that catch my eye, and there are some that have the same type of premise like the main character is the daughter of the emperor or she's gone into another world/time. It's not that I don't like these stories or that they're badly told, it's just that it kind of gets old To sum it up, I like this app! My only things are I don't mind paying, even if I don't think the prices are all that great, and I just wish that there was a bigger selection to choose from! If you have the money, give this app a look!

V

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Nice, I guess

Just like I said, nice I guess. The app is really good. It has a lot of fun stories and I always end up with a smile when I end a good chapter. Now, here’s the thing, to read a single chapter you either have to put 3 tokens that you get with money or submit 300 points by watching ads. Trust me, I have nothing against watching ads to get points. The thing is, 10 points per ad? That would mean 30 ads! And the worst thing is that when you finally watch those 30 whole ads you have to wait an hour before you can watch 30 more ads to get another chapter. When I tell you it’s annoying, it is. I think every teenager that has reviews for this app agrees. You see, im in middle school and I can’t pay for tokens and I really don’t wanna watch 30 ads just to unlock ONE chapter. Please, for the love of god, at least give us like 50 points each ad, that way we only have to watch 6 ads to unlock a chapter. Trust me, im being really generous. I would normally ask 100 points per ad but that would be unfair, right? I know you guys need money, but let’s not forget about the fact that lots of people that actually have money pay for tokens. Please think about the broke teenagers like me. Watching 30 ads to just unlock one chapter? Even I wouldn’t be upset to at least unlock 5 chapters for 300 points. Please take this request into consideration, because if you asked many broke teenagers that aren’t spoiled, they would agree. I’m not demanding of course, just a request. You can either give us 50 points per ad, or give us 5 chapters for 300 points. Please read this and give me a proper answer.

A

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Terrible ad system

So, I want to start out by saying the idea isn’t all bad... it just doesn’t work. I’d like it better if they also had WebToon’s model of 1 free (NEW) chapter per week (for every comic, not per user) (also all old chapters are free. You only need to spend coins which you sometimes get for free, or real money, to unlock Fast Pass chapters and not have to wait for the next chapter.) ... with optional ads/offers for free points or pay money to read faster. Decent idea.

HOWEVER! 80% of the time, the “Watch Videos” option just doesn’t work. Sometimes they show as “Unavailable” and sometimes it lets you tap on that option and then just doesn’t load a video. Not to mention the “OFFERS” that just don’t work. Probably closer to 95% don’t work. None of the quizzes. Almost nothing worth more than about 30 points works. I think I’ve gotten TWO to work that were over 100. And even some of the ones that are worth 30, 27, or even JUST SEVEN points, haven’t worked. It’s absurd. Utterly ridiculous. What a broken system.

Also, I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve clicked on an “offer” only to get a message “This offer isn't available on your device. Redirecting.” Like what the Hell? I have the newest iPod Touch model. It should be the same as any iPhone except the newest. I’m using the official App. Why the Hell can I find ANY offers that aren’t available on this device?! Not to mention too many to count!

The ONLY reason I’m not giving this 1 star is because I like the IDEA of being able to read like 50 free chapters in a week. But honestly, I’m still kind of feeling like it only deserves 1 Star because of how broken it is.

P

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Great app but

This is literally the only app I am willing to pay money to read comics, however it ends up being really expensive in the long run.
Pros: Great artwork. Great comics. Some comics have 1-3 free episodes or 1-5 free with ad episodes. I love that the authors are able to be compensated for their work.

Cons: After the free episodes you're required to buy tokens to continue reading. Comics range from 2-5 tokens PER short chapter, however most of mine require only 3 (or 200 points). I get the most expensive but the best offer, so for $20 I can read about 78 chapters (but it can be as few as 40 depending on how expensive each chapter costs). My biggest complaint is many of the comics don't offer enough free (or with ad) chapters to determine if I actually enjoy the comic yet so I'm forced to use tokens on something I'm not even sure I wanna read yet. This is frustrating when you're already having to spend a bunch of money just to read the stories (especially compared to if it was a physical manga in the store). Additionally, when you purchase tokens they don't cross platforms, so if I purchase tokens on the browser or website I CANT use those tokens in the app. I also cannot unlock all of the chapters from the browser like you could in the app.

Suggestion:
While (the occasional) deals are nice, I'd rather some kind of package deal for unlocking a certain number of chapters within a story. So for every 20 chapters of a story you unlock you get the next five chapters free or you get 1000 points (so basically 5 chapters). Or have ways you can earn points like "Log in every day for a week and earn 5 free tokens or 200 points."

C

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Better Elsewhere

The comics are great, good 16+ content and compelling stories and artwork, that’s not the problem I have.

It costs 3 tokens to read a chapter, at their standard rate, that’s about 14 chapters for $5. It’s nearly impossible to get free chapters, which can be bought with points. It costs 300 points per chapter. You can earn 10 points by watching an ad. Fair enough right? Not so. When I first got the app, it worked fine. In addition to just the ads, I could visit search engines and get a payout. I was fine with the work required to earn an episode. In the time sense, this feature has malfunctioned completely. In addition, the video ads are incredibly buggy. I can watch about 2 without the app crashing and me having to reload it. Getting into a series here is nearly impossible. The app is purposefully making it so that I have no choice but to pay for content, but with those outrageous prices, I am much better off viewing comics on a different app.

My recommendation for everyone looking to download this is to download Manta instead. They have a $4 monthly fee for unlimited access to content. If you really want to get invested in a comic, this is far and away the better option. Besides, the two apps share many of the same comics.

My favorite comic currently is called Biting the Tiger. It’s featured on both apps, so I think I can make an apt comparison between the two apps using it. There are 71 episodes currently, with a new one coming out on Friday. I’ve spent $4 to read it and about 4 other comics this month. If I were to try to read this series on TappyToon, it would have cost me $30.

In conclusion, download Manta instead.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tappytoon Comics & Novels ITS TO EXPENSIVE I DONT Like it you need to fix it it’s unfair

Ok when I first saw this app I was looking for something else and kinda was excited but you have to pay for the tokens not every body can you know it unfair ( my family we don’t have enough money) it’s stupid but when I first got It i was confused and like I saw free points and I had to sign in or whatever to watch videos to get free points I found this one comic that I really like but I never actually tried to get the tokens I kept using the free points so I could read the chapters but when I went up to the 60 something chapter I tried to get more free points by watch videos and it wouldn’t work I wish It was (like webtoon is) and you have to pay for each chapter which I think is BS! Ok not every body has enough money couldn’t we just watch videos or something to open up the next chapter and I know that the creators need money but you could find a better way to do that I just might ending up deleting this app the comics are great btw it’s just unfair because we have to pay to unlock the chapters and i don’t like that you probably should’ve thought of this before or something but man I mostly freaking see positive comments like omg you have to pay but whatever I guess if someone is happy then whatever but not every body can always pay like why should I have to pay for a short comic come on I think I’m gunna stick to WEBTOON because the chapters are free and you can just wait or whatever until you read the chapters so yeah I’m Gunn delete this stupid app I kinda like it though the art not you haha idk there so hard to find to the only reason I got this is because I was looking if could read lady baby on one the apps then I found I belong to house Castielo I really liked that one to btw ☹️

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Where do I begin

I used this app for a few days and overall I am disappointed with how...unusable and counter-intuitive it is. You get the first 2-4 chapters for free depending on the sites offers and the chapters are SHORT. In order to continue you have several options: buy tokens to unlock chapters (getting the base level tokens for 1.99 will get you five chapters) or performing “actions” and watching ads...I will get to that in a moment.

I don’t have an issue paying for content when a lot of time and effort was placed into creating said content, but for doing the math you can spend nearly 50$ plus dollars for an entire series with each chapter being barebones and stretched to add to the cost.

The free option consist of watching ads, 30 per hour and gaining upwards to 300point max. The problem with this is that most ads are 30 seconds long so spending 15 MINUTES watching ads just to read scraps of one chapter of a story you might like is counter-intuitive to the point of spending some quality time reading comics. By the time I finish watching ads to get tokens to earn a chapter, I can be 3 chapters into a WEBTOON’s FREE comic.

The “Actions” are the most atrocious. They either send you to sketchy sites to play difficult quizzes, send you to sites that phish for information (asking for personal questions including location, occupation, etc) or sent you to a site that leads right to potential harm to your device.

Why not go the way of most apps and have a subscription service or increase banner ads so it’s more reader friendly and have purchasable content for those that can’t wait for the next chapter? Gonna delete this app and find something similar on Webtoons. I’m not going to waste time playing ads just to read a 3 pages worth of content.

Y

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Just download Webtoon

I’ve been seeing the “Abandoned Empress” ads and finally gave in. I was greeted with no login or sign in screen and it seemed weird to me. Well, you don’t need an account because you can’t like chapters or comment. Not that big of a deal. Well, you can only read the first 3 chapters or so before you have to pay for each episode. I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and say, “hey, maybe it will be like Fast Pass from Webtoon and come out for free later.” Well, I don’t think that’s the case because The Abandoned Empress is 3 seasons in and chapter 4 isn’t unlocked for free.

Also, there isn’t much diversity. The art style seems the same all throughout the app. While scrolling through the list there was “The Abandoned Empress” and “The Empress From Another World”. (In TAE she gets abandoned because a woman from presumably our world get teleported there. It’s the same plot but the point of view is switched.) The consistent art style also insinuates that the same people are making all the stories.

Finally, how it compares to an app that I tolerate, Webtoon. It has its flaws, but is better than this. First off, it allows anyone to make a story. You can comment and like chapters. You can read anything for free. And if you are that type of person who just wants to spend money, there is Fast Pass which allows you to read the episode before it goes out for real money in the form of tokens. But, there are events where you can earn tokens for free and support other story creators by exposing lots of people to the stories.

If you want to download Webtoon, I suggest you read Your Throne, un-Ordinary, See You In My 19th Life, and Winter Moon. Everywhere and Nowhere is another I really like that is on hold but is about two time travelers trying to stop the end of the world.

A

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Great comics, unobtainable viewership

I gave it two stars because while the marketing methods are trash, the stories themselves look very cool and promising. (if only I could actually read them).
I understand this app needs to make money but, in order for me to read ONE partially completed comic, with 33 chapters where each chapter (minus the first 3) costs 3 tokens or 300 POINTS that’s 90 tokens or 9000 points...that’s excessive. There’s no way I’m gonna be able to watch enough ads to get to 9000 pts cuz u can only watch up to 20 ads in one go, and on top of that the ads say u can get awarded 10+ pts per ads when in reality u only get 8 pts. Bit of false advertising there. The prices for tokens are I’d say a bit unreasonable. For $100 I can get 860 tokens & 1800 pts. That’s the highest price point but u cant even get enough pts for one partially completed story (like the one I was trying to read) and with 860 tokens u can read about ~286 chapters. Basically meaning that you’re paying ~$0.35 for each chapter u read that’s worth 3 tokens.
I’ve surveyed several different stories and some will have some episodes for 2 tokens and some will have them for 4 tokens. This might be fluctuations based on the amount of content in one chapter but even so, one chapter probably gives you like 1-3 minutes of entertainment (depending on your reading speed) so its up to y’all who read my review to decide if its worth the money but for me, it’s not.
From different apps that provide basically the same service (online webcomics) I've probably read over 1000+ chapters across multiple stories. I’m looking to be entertained for hours not minutes and not to be frustrated by restrictions on good stories I’m interested in reading. I’ve seen a method of fast passes used on other webcomic apps where u can choose to read the comic at your leisure by purchasing coins or tokens, etc. but if u wait long enough then the newest chapter will come out at a later time for free. It’s very discouraging for a fan of webcomics to not be able to read so many fantastic stories due to the fact that I can’t afford to drop hundreds of dollars a week on a measly amounts of tokens and points to read a single comic.

O

Tappytoon Comics & Novels The Cold Hard Truth

I’m only here as an ex-user [protected]) of this app and similar competitors because I saw an ad for this one too many times and it got on my nerves.

Tl;dr If you are okay with dumping your hard earned income or valuable time to an app that does not deserve it, you’ve come to the right place. Otherwise, find the artist.

Take a minute to think about it. If millions of people pay even a single dollar to tappytoon for say 3 pictures and a story, do you think the artist and story writer are becoming millionaires for it? Is tappytoon allowing these artists to host their content without asking for anything in return?People even charge others for using A PORTION OF THE SCREEN to promote themselves, forget the whole screen and more, just like how tappytoon paid money (on their equivalent scale because they probably are millionaires or greater) to promote their app.

And yeah, we gotta do what we gotta do and no I’m not JUST complaining about the world. Web comics on my first app used to be free with controlled release and you paid for EARLY ACCESS, since chapters on their own were also pieces of bait. Reading the rest of the reviews it seems like things are still 1 minute pieces of bait, but now you have to pay (time or money-wise because time is still a resource) for access PERIOD when you could, in fact, access the story in other places. If you want to support the artist, go find them directly and donate what you are able to. There is absolutely no reason to download this app.

If, for some odd reason, the developers are trying to consider customers more and create a better system, I would not mind buying a full, MULTIPLE DAY long graphic novel for $15-30. A 300 chapter webtoon that runs for a true total of 5 hours, if you exclude the imposed, void of content wait time, is not even worth a penny a chapter in comparison, and you can find pennies on the street just because. Going back to the early access system that was used in the past with similar apps is also viable and would be a strong trump card against competitors. Rent out spaces between panels (in realistic spots) instead to REALLY provide a free option.

But what can I really say, maybe things have changed since the reviews or app desc I read. After all, 5 years have passed since I abandoned the sneaky middle men. Go find a better source.

J

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Terrible, unless

I’m sad to write this review but it has to be done, this app has amazing comics but the way it was made let’s it down. In the app there is a points system that you can see comics with ( these points are required to see past episode 3 on most) and there are three ways to get them,

1.) buy them

For the people who can afford to buy the points it’s amazing, you can see all the series you want to see, so if you actually use it frequently and it brings you joy it’s 100% worth it, but otherwise it’s not worth the price of the other options.

2.) do quizzes or games

This is the worst option, because... it doesn’t work. All of these quizzes are fake and don’t work unless you are a math genius, read 80 different “ useless facts” books or have 100/ 20 eyesight. In the visual games they turn it to 360 p on the hard ones and you have to zoom in so much you can only see pixels. In the quizzes you don’t get points EVER, and it tells you to spin a wheel that never gives you the “instant win” and always gives you “3 minute quiz” which doesn’t give you points, so it’s a total scam

3.) watch ads

This is the best option for us folk who don’t want to spend money and still want to use the app. When you watch what happens in the ad, it’s a thirty second add plus an extra 5 seconds that is really 7 seconds. The worst problem is that for watching around 1150 seconds you get the max amount of points you can get from ads, 300, 300! It’s such a waste of time, and it’s not even worth half the payout because your corpse completely rots by then and you die of boredom.

Overall this app is only worth it to people who are gonna pay, it not worth it when other sites such as WEBTOON don’t cost money unless you want get episodes faster, and WEBTOON’s currency is much more worth it than tappytoon’s

Also if you go to WEBTOON I would recommend

1.) Tower of God (action)

It’s absolutely amazing and don’t let the art stop you because it it may start kinda bad in the art section but gets so good you would believe the creator was a pro manga artist, and the story is amazing, even almost 500 in I believe it has the best story in and on toon I guess even among all toon companies. Its episodes are very long too, so there is about 56 hours of content even at a normal rate and about 72 if you read until your brain loses function. It is seriously that good but I will end my rant.

2.) The Gamer (action)

The art has always been good and I like the story and with nearly 400 episodes even though there isn’t always action, these “ action-less” episodes build on Korean myth, the characters insecurity’s and life, meeting people, seeing powers grow by training and making hella cash. Overall very good toon.

3.) My Giant Nerd Boyfriend ( slice of life )

This WEBTOON is FUNNY, I mean make you tear up laughing. But it can also be wholesome, sad, happy and can teach you deep lessons that stick with you but don’t depress you even they are depressing topics, the comedy keeps you happy and addicted. And with nearly 430 episodes there is plenty of content.

Anyway by bit..

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Too expensive, fat phobic, where are the black/brown people??

Because there’s no ad function per chapter, I can’t read the stories. I can’t afford to pay money, even if I find some interesting ones! Very disappointing. I love the Webtoon App and how it works, but I understand that’s not possible for every app. You should take a page out of Pocket Comics’ book. Every day for a certain number of chapters (depending on the comic) a chapter of each story is made rentable by watching an ad. The chapter is then open for 8 days on your account. After you blow through those, there’s coins, but after like 4 days of you hitting that threshold, a new chapter (in order!) becomes rentable. Ex. Chapters 1-3 are free, no ads just to get you started; chapters 4-15 are rentable at any given time; and chapters 16-30 require coins, but once you read chapter 15, about 4 days later (I don’t remember the exact time until it’s rentable), chapter 16 becomes rentable. You can only rent one chapter from each story every day (so I can read 1 chapter from the 17 comics I read that I still can rent from on the daily + rent 1 chapter from the comics I’ve already hit the coin-required section when it’s available to rent). There’s also a daily challenge where you can earn a ticket (which you can use in place of 5-7 coins to “own” an episode, meaning you can always go back to it) by completing, or sometimes you can earn 5 coins (only seen it once so far, I’m pretty new to it), and you get sent a ticket every day just for logging on! I read a TON of these comics, even when I have to watch the ads, because it’s so easy and I like to read. I definitely have favorites, but I’ll even read some comics I don’t really care for
I know you app people like to have different modes and features of how your app works, so you should try having a similar feature, but you can only rent certain comics on certain days and maybe to make up for that big reading influx difference, you can rent up to 3 chapters.

Anyway, the fatphobia! >:( absolutely disgusting. The Devil King’s Daughter (I think that’s the name) is something I see ads for all the time and the main character in her past life is chubby and SO CUTE. But the story says that everyone thinks she’s ugly and undesirable to be around because of her looks. This is toxic to viewers with body issues (which there are no doubt many) and it gets worse when the main character is reborn as the devil king’s daughter and she’s SKINNY. You’re teaching people (particularly girls) that they’re only beautiful and worth complete adoration and love and affection from mentoring figures (parents, teachers, etc.) + their peers (friends, siblings, etc.) when they’re skinny. I wish the reborn main character was also fat. How can you hate such a cute round face? A soft body? Absolutely terrible of you guys to promote this.

And the lack of black + brown people? Everyone in the app is practically the same skin tone, totally ignoring the fact that melanin is beautiful and anyone can have it? Not just people with African descent. Latinx people, Asian people (yes, including East Asians), indigenous people— they’re so important! Their skin tones are beautiful, too! Stop erasing them!

Tappytoon Comics & Novels Customer Reviews Overview

Tappytoon Comics & Novels is a popular online platform that offers a vast collection of comics and novels for readers worldwide. The website has gained a lot of popularity among comic book enthusiasts due to its user-friendly interface, high-quality content, and affordable pricing.

One of the most significant advantages of Tappytoon Comics & Novels is its extensive collection of comics and novels. The website features a wide range of genres, including romance, fantasy, action, drama, and more. Readers can easily find their favorite titles and explore new ones with ease.

Another positive point of Tappytoon Comics & Novels is its affordable pricing. The website offers a variety of subscription plans that cater to different budgets. Readers can choose from monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscriptions, depending on their preferences.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels also offers a seamless reading experience. The website has a user-friendly interface that allows readers to navigate through the platform with ease. The comics and novels are also available in high-quality, making the reading experience even more enjoyable.

Overall, Tappytoon Comics & Novels is an excellent platform for comic book enthusiasts. With its extensive collection of comics and novels, affordable pricing, and seamless reading experience, it's no wonder why the website has gained so much popularity among readers worldwide.

Tappytoon Comics & Novels In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Tappytoon Comics & Novels is sleek and modern, making it visually appealing and easy to navigate. The user experience is smooth, with a user-friendly interface that allows for seamless browsing and searching for content.

Content Variety and Quality: Tappytoon offers a wide variety of comics and novels, catering to different genres and interests. The content is of high quality, with engaging storylines, beautiful artwork, and well-developed characters. Readers can expect to find both popular titles and hidden gems.

Subscription Options and Pricing: Tappytoon offers flexible subscription options, allowing users to choose between monthly or yearly plans. The pricing is reasonable, considering the vast library of content available. Subscribers gain access to exclusive chapters and can enjoy ad-free reading, making it worth the investment.

Mobile App Functionality: The Tappytoon mobile app is well-designed and optimized for a seamless reading experience on the go. It is available for both iOS and Android devices, allowing users to access their favorite comics and novels anytime, anywhere. The app's functionality is smooth, with fast loading times and intuitive navigation.

Customer Support and Communication: Tappytoon provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful staff. They are quick to address any issues or concerns raised by users, ensuring a positive experience. Communication channels, such as email and social media, are readily available for users to reach out and receive assistance.

Community Engagement and Interaction: Tappytoon fosters a vibrant community of readers, allowing for engagement and interaction through comments and discussions. Users can connect with fellow fans, share their thoughts, and participate in contests and events. This sense of community enhances the overall reading experience.

Payment Methods and Security: Tappytoon offers various secure payment methods, including credit cards and PayPal, ensuring that users can make transactions with peace of mind. The website and app prioritize user data security, implementing robust measures to protect personal information and financial details.

Availability and Accessibility: Tappytoon is available worldwide, allowing readers from different countries to enjoy their favorite comics and novels. The platform is accessible on multiple devices, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets, ensuring convenience for users across different platforms.

Advertising and Promotions: Tappytoon occasionally runs advertising and promotions, offering discounts and bonuses to users. These promotions are well-communicated and provide added value to subscribers. The platform strikes a good balance between promoting content and maintaining a user-friendly reading experience.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Tappytoon Comics & Novels is a top-notch platform for comic and novel enthusiasts. With its impressive content variety, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer support, it provides a highly enjoyable reading experience. The subscription options are reasonably priced, and the mobile app functionality ensures convenience. Overall, Tappytoon is highly recommended for anyone seeking quality comics and novels in a well-designed platform.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Tappytoon Comics & Novels contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Tappytoon Comics & Novels?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tappytoon Comics & Novels Customer Service. Initial Tappytoon Comics & Novels complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tappytoon Comics & Novels above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tappytoon Comics & Novels. Discuss the issues you have had with Tappytoon Comics & Novels and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.