Channel 7 Australian Open Tennis Coverage / poor quality australian open tennis comentating
I began watching the Djokovic - Tsonga quarter final match last night as a truely neutral TV spectator, as I don't hold any allegiance to either of the players.
By the 3rd set, however, I was willing Tsonga to lose the match, if only to silence the annoying French commentator, Henri Leconte, whom for some reason, Channel 7 thought it appropriate to have commentating Tsonga's matches. To keep it fair, 7 should really employ a Swiss commentator calling Fererer's matches, a Spaniard calling Nadal's, etc...
Great winners by Djokovic were greeted by silence from the commentators, led by the aforementioned Henri Leconte, who even seemed excited when Djokovic was struggling with what looked like an upset stomach. I thought commentators' roles were to provide an impartial commentary on more technical aspects of the game as well as light-hearted remarks, rather than being more vocal supporters of one of the players than some of the spectators in the stands.
Henri Leconte really ruined the experience of watching the match for me, and I was forced to turn off the volume altogether in the 5th set. I sincerely hope that this is the last time I hear him.
More Channel 7 Australian Open Tennis Coverage Complaints & Reviews
- Channel 7 - pathetic coverage of afl games 
- Channel 7 - sundays 24 
- Channel 7 - ghost whisperer 
- Channel 7 - change in 24 airtime 
- Channel 7 - brownlow medal &blue carpet& broadcast 
- Seven West Media / Channel 7 - new broadcast
- Seven West Media / Channel 7 - news item on channel 7, 4 february 2019
- Seven West Media / Channel 7 - news on tasmania fires
- Seven West Media / Channel 7 - mkr
- Channel 7 - mkr