Central Veterinary Associates / overpriced, poor care

1 Valley Stream, NY, United States Review updated:

I was a customer of this animal hospital for over 10 years. I had two cats (mother and daughter) that I would bring there regularly. When I would bring the two of them for an "annual" check up, the cost would be over $500!!! As both cats aged, they developed more health problems. One became asthmatic, and everytime I needed to bring her in, tests and medicine ran into the hundreds.

After she passed away, our other cat became diabetic. We had to put her on insulin shots and there were often emergency trips to Central Vets if her sugar dropped and she became hypoglycemic. We became enraged when the vet on duty refused to even look at her until we gave a deposit. The last visit we made there, they charged us a "deposit" of $600!!! They always kept her a day or two to monitor her sugar, and the bill always came to over a $1000!!!

After the last time, a friend told us about Westbury Emergency Hospital which is open all night on weekdays and all weekend. It is staffed by veterinarians that work at other hospitals. They would give our cat an injection to raise her sugar, and just hold her overnight to observe her. Needless to say, the cost was a fraction of what Central Vets would charge, and she didn't need to be hospitalized for days.

We now have a new vet who is knowledgable and not money hungry like Central Vets. After reading so many complaints about this facility, I know we made the right decision.

La

Comments

• Ad
      30th of Sep, 2014

Currently looking for another vet. Tired of the manipulation and high-robbery experienced at their offices. STAY AWAY IF POSSIBLE.

• Ad
      30th of Sep, 2014

I love my pet so much, and this place totally plays on that.