Cdearth / Unaurthorised billing

1 86 deerhurst crescent, PO6 4EHPortsmouth, England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Dear Complaints Dept

I took up an offer for free antivirus and firewall security including three additional CDs for the cost of free postage and packaging of $2.96, charged to my card 6th May 2009. These arrived with no covering note and packaged in a green card disc holder. At no time did I read or receive any literature or email informing me that I would be receiving an later dated charges. You can imagine my shock when I check this month card statement and noted you have charged $29.98 to, dated 7th July 2009.

I would appreciate an explanation and a refund of $29.98 to my account. Please accept this as cancellation of any subscription that I am not aware of having with you. If I had been aware of subscribing to a subscription, I would not have taken up the offer of the free software. I have contacted my card company and they inform me that I have to contact you and request a refund.
Jeanie Fitch

Comments

• Ba
      11th of Nov, 2010

I just found out through paypal that I have been charged £29.98 for CDs that I didn't ask for but judging by the comments left on this page I signed up for the free CDs and obviously didn't read the small print. These people should be shut down and reported. I have alerted paypal about this and I am waiting to see what will happen. Maybe they should be reported to the ASA.
    B. Pennycooke
    Redditch, Worcestershire

• Lo
      10th of May, 2012

NOTHING BUT FRAUDSTERS HOW CAN YOU STOP THEM

• Al
      16th of Jan, 2016

Ring paypal stop any payments to cd earth .