CatalogFavorites.com / Terrible customer service - do not order from this company!

This email explains the customer service problems I had with this company. Please forward it to your friends and relatives and add my email picturestudio AT sbcglobal.net and help AT catalogfavorites.com to show them that the Internet can provide a voice to those that feel some companies no longer provide valuable customer service. At this point I'm no longer upset with the product not being shipped, just the attitude each associate used!!

I placed an order on June 26th (Tuesday) and paid for a 2 day delivery. I checked the order status on June 28th (Thursday) and the order had not been processed from the warehouse nor had it been shipped. I placed a called to the company and asked about the status of the order, and was told the order was never processed and their is nothing they could do except ship the package to me on July 2nd (Monday). This didn't work because I placed the order to have a present to bring to a party on Saturday. What was I thinking that a company would actually deliver when I paid extra for 2-day delivery? (which by the way I did so that I had an extra day if it didn't show up) So I asked for a supervisor, in which the person I was talking to said she was. Getting no customer service I then asked for a manager and she transferred me, right to voice mail (customer service?). So I left a message and then called back to customer service. I asked to be transferred directly to a manager.
When the manager answered I asked for his name, he would only give me a 1st name and ext. number (customer service?). I said, I would like to have my order processed and someone personally drive it to FedEx in order to receive the package on Saturday. He advised me they would not do this. My response was, You would rather me send an email to friends and family explaining this situation and the terrible customer service? All he could say was sorry (with attitude), Did you want me to cancel the order? which I said Yes!!!!!!! I then asked this manager for the Corporate Headquarters Address, and he told me to look it up on the back of the catalog (customer service?). I then asked this manager to provide me an email stating that my order has been canceled, his reply Your credit card won't be charged! (customer service?). He finally said he would send me a cancellation letter (again attitude). I asked, Why do you offer a 2-day delivery at an extra cost and then not notify the
customer if their is a problem? His reply I'm sorry (again attitude). This manager then asked me if there was anything else he could help me with. I said no, he replied Well you have a great night sir (with attitude, customer service?).

So here are the problems: They never shipped the product and didn't give a reason.
I asked for a manager and was transferred to an answering machine.
I talked to a manager who wouldn't give me his full name.
When asked for the Corporate Headquarters Address, I was told to look it up.
When asked for a cancellation letter, Your credit card won't be charged?
They offer express shipping and never track to see if it is actually shipped.

Well thanks for reading the hassle I experience with this company. Please forward this letter, hopefully this letter will reach the CEO and they will eventually read it (I wonder if the CEO cares)!!!

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2008

1-23-08

I will never order from Catalog Favorites again.
    I placed an order 11-15-07 and still have not
    received products or a credit for $56.83. I made
    several calls to the customer service number with
    no avail. I also sent 3 e-mail memos and did not
    going to report the company to the Illinois Atty Gen
    office.

Marsha Stanley

25th of Jan, 2008

I was going to place a large order - but after reading this
    I have changed my mind.
    What a shame

• Li
      16th of May, 2008

I was also going to place an order and decided not to after reading these comments. It's a shame that owners of these companies are not aware of how there customer service are be ran. This is what happens when you employ children instead of adults!!! I will definitely recommend to my family & friends NOT to order form this company...

• Be
      29th of May, 2008

CAN'T FIND ITEMS LISTED IN YOUR CATALOG CODE 1965251

• Pa
      30th of May, 2008

Please note that their catalog comes from the same address as the NorthStyle catalog.

19th of Aug, 2008

First I thought, ok, a guy had a (really, really) bad experience with this company, back some five years or so, they are still in business, so how bad can they be, then I read down, and see folks still having problems in 2008. I'm looking to buy an anniversary present, and NO WAY can I afford for one to not be shipped on time, so before I place my order with this company (NOTE: they are also doing business as the "Pyramid Collection" at the same address), I plan on checking the BBB and Illinois Atty Gen office for confirmation. To those that posted before. I'm sorry for your rotten luck, I appreciate your comments, and should I find anything (+/-) I'll post again.

Regards

constance walz at 49 layton st freeport ny 11520-6240

• Vi
      16th of Dec, 2008

PONY EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH CATALOG FAVORITES

I placed on order 12/2/08, it shipped 12/3/08 and still have NOT received the order. According to the CatalogFavorites.com web site it takes 5-9 business days to receive your shipment. I have called a few times about my order and get a different answer each time I call. Before placing your order, please know that they use 3rd class bulk shipping although they charge you 1st class shipping rates. I called my local post office to find out exactly how 3rd class bulk works to be informed it is not a service offered to the public, you MUST be a business, and it is the SLOWEST shipping service available to any business. Your order is sent to a huge shipping center at USPS and it is separated by zip code and only ships when a certain amount of mail is sent to your zip code. So, apparently it can be weeks before you receive your order. Catalog Favorites should be ashamed of charging customers 1st class shipping rates and giving 3rd class bulk service to their customers!!! This is so WRONG!

Again, I have called Catalog Favorites customer service department to get different stories. Their web site states 5-9 business days, although their reps will tell you 10-12, and 7-10 business days. One unprofessional CS rep told me I miscalculated and I needed to go back and recount my days! Business days are Monday through Friday, and with that being said, today is business day #10 and NO package. Then I went online and found these complaints. Not very encouraging. I called Catalog Favorites back and asked them to remove my name and address from their mailing list as I did not wish to receive any more of their catalogs, or their affiliated companys' catalogs...also Potpourri, Expressions...this is my first and last order with this company, never again.

• Pe
      17th of Jun, 2009

I wasn't going to comment as I've never ordered a product from the Company named ""Catalog Favorites".

However, I did see in one response, the company also does business under "Pyramid Collection". I do not know if the same Associates from "Catalog Favorites" are incorporated with 'Pyramid Collection", but I can say I HAVE purchase items from "Pyramid Collection" with GREAT success, and items arrived several days PRIOR to when I was expecting them! My orders were placed prior and after this Christmas past.

I did notice similar items for sale in the "Catalog Favorites" catalog as what is sold In "Pyramid", but I can say as far as "Pyramid" is concerned I was thrilled with the products, the early shipment (regular shipemend ... no rush or overnight), and that the receipents of my gifts enjoyed them as well.

Thank you!

• Ba
      11th of Aug, 2009

I worked for catalog favorites... let me just tell you, no one there actually cares whether or not you get your ###! Hahah. including me. I quit because I couldnt deal with all the ### customers like you.

• Je
      11th of Sep, 2009

I was just getting ready to order the bears on the tree with the initials or names on the tree. My husband past away and I wanted it with our names to hang on the wall. Now I am afraid to place this order, because I really don't have this money to be spending in the first place. But I wanted it because in our old house we did have our initials carved in a tree. Jerry Ann Haynam

25th of Sep, 2009

I am on the phone on hold with them right now. You all are right there seems to be no one with an ounce of sense working at this company let alone any manners.

Do not order from these folks and I am sending this e-mail to everyone in my address book.

I returned an item to them and they can't seem to find it. So I guess I have provided one of their employees with that item. Never again will I order from them or any of their other companies. Bad customer service, especially from a woman (?) named Heather.

thanks.

• Fr
      7th of Oct, 2009

Regarding EXPRESSIONS: I ordered a large clock, but did not ask for rush shipping. It arrived in ten days (which is okay, as it came to Oregon. However, the carton was not marked 'glass' or fragile, or any
    indication that special handling was needed and it came by USPS. There was no packing material except brown paper... the crystal was shattered... the hands had broken off... I e-mailed a complaint,
    requesting information about returning it, giving a time limit. No response. I just mailed it back, wrapped the same way, & it cost $22.83. So I'm out a total of a hundred bucks! L. Clark

• Sf
      13th of Oct, 2009

BEWARE OF THE PYRAMID COLLECTION!!!

Pyramid Collection has the WORST customer service I have EVER encountered...and I mean EVER. I have been trying to get my money back for days now on an item they ran out of. The order opperators insist on just transferring you to some "customer service" number where you will sit on hold for a MINIMUM of 25 minutes. I've had to deal with this 4 times now, and still have not gotten my money back - even after I was assured last week that the funds were being credited back. I am now at the point where I am contacting my credit card company to reverse the transaction. I will NEVER purchase another damn thing from them again and will advise others not to either. Other merchants carry the same, if not similar items and we consumers should not have to put up with this kind of crap.

• Ha
      15th of Aug, 2010

Thank you!! I was going on line to place an order, but I dont have time deal with ignorant companies...QVC still is and always will be my #1 source for shoes, clothing, bedding, Christmas gift and birthday gifts...In this day and age people want friendly customer service and QVC has it!!! I am done with catalog shopping forever!!!

• Mi
      25th of Nov, 2010

Thank you. I was just about to place an order, but now NO WAY!!

• Sm
      5th of Feb, 2011

I returned a shirt to Catalog Favorites and was never given a credit. I have caled them many times only to be treated rudely by the Customer no service rep, each time, after I explain my situation, she put me on hold and voice mail comes on. I know I will never receive a credit for the shirt I returned, I will never shop their Catalog or the family of catalogs that they are associated with. They don't care, they have my money and a returned shirt that they can resell, they have a real thing going!!! I am out the price of the shirt, the shipping and the return shipping.

• Wi
      31st of Aug, 2011

This is to the idiot that wrote he use to work there and quit, see even rude on here! That must be their qualifications. He said tired of dealing with customers like who is on here. Well, its people like us that kept that job for you buddy and if you are ever hired at another job, which I hope not with that attitude. Those people sit on their a** all day and play games on the cumputor or something and get pd. min. wage and are mad about that! After reading this I am NOT going to order anything either. i almost did not check them out! I wanted a bluejean jacket coat, pink tools, raincoat and 2 other items, well over $300.00. They are too expensive, anyway and no promo codes, no shipping deals and no discounts, that right there is not good! I do not want to deal with savings ace, already was reading about that and found out that is bad. So, they get you at the front door and the back door. At least good old Wal mart does stand behind their stuff and a few other places, I have found. Thanks, to all this my business is going else place! Thanks, Winterlace

• Wi
      31st of Aug, 2011

Oh by the way, I complained about jewelry television and looked up and this place right here had an advertizement for them, go figure! So, the next time, I am on here they will probably be advertizing for catalog favorites, so something about that is just not right! Everything on this computor with all sites is a scam!

12th of Jan, 2012

Has anyone actually received something ordered from this company? I ordered on 12/16/11, it's now 1/11/12, and customer service is acting like they have no clue what is going on.

Is there a chance in heck I will receive my order