Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  15th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Plus a tell tell sign is they are incorporated in Florida. That is the scam capital of the country. If you see Florida or New Jersey run!! Trust me, after 3 years on the Internet and doing my own sites like http://scrabblecheat.com I know all their tricks. Florida is a no no for business.

Steve
A  29th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am so glad I checked here before i sent out my Cash4Gold packet with all my gold
and many diamonds of various sizes in it. WOW! I am so sorry to hear what they have done to
everyone who has sent them jewelry. TY for these complaints. Hope more people read them before
they send their things.

Sheila
A  6th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Frankly, anyone who falls for their ads and the ads of the other gold-buyers on TV are idiots, plain and simple. They show a picture of some ### sticking an "insured" envelope in a home mailbox. Apparently these idiots don't believe some thieves will be poking through such mailboxes on a regular basis. Actually, anyone USING that kind of mailbox for ANYthing anymore...much less putting valuables in there for pick-up by the USPS or receiving checks or merchandise...with so many dishonest people around...is an imbecile.

The cable channels running these ads don't care one bit about whether the companies are legit or not. They just want the ad revenue, so don't fool yourselves that the cable channels will help you or even get in trouble.

And think about it: Cash 4 Gold and similar companies spend M-I-L-L-I-O-N-S on advertising, so what makes you think you'll see the TRUE value of your old jewelry? They're preying on desperate people who need money quickly. There's a special level of Hell for such companies; how their owners and employees can sleep at night is beyond me. They must all be sociopaths. Kinda like the payday check-cashing businesses that charge 800% interest; the MAFIA would be a better bet for that kind of loan!

What's particularly frustrating is that apparently the BBB, local law enforcement agencies and the FCC aren't doing a darn thing to kill these ads. Kinda makes ya wonder how many of THOSE people are being bought-off by these companies, huh?

Stupid people amuse me.
A  8th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
this kind of scams should let every one know you can not trust no one not even the so called christians.every one is out to lie and steal...even the tv repoter will lie to ya.
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
this kind of scams should tell every one you cant not trust any one..not even the so called christians.even the tv repoters will lie to you...
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Cash 4 Gold - Ripp Off!

I 've come under hard times, so I decided to pawn my grills in. They gave me a$10 dolla check! WTF?!! Are they crazy? I paid well ova 3 gees for these. Gonna get my money back from these jive turkey motha F----s! Peace out ! Beware of da devil in disguise--> Cash fo Gold.
N  13th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Sorry, but I have to agree with IDontSufferFoolsGladly and others with a similar sentiment: when you KNOWINGLY send VALUABLES to a STRANGER, you do deserve what you get. This is no longer the 1920s, folks, so you cannot take people at their word anymore. Sad, but so very true. It pays (obviously) to be a skeptic of everything and everyone. That's not being pessimistic - that's being smart. The only time you can honestly say that you were ripped off through no fault of your own is when your items are stolen from you via break-ins, holdups, etc. We don't live in a trustworthy society any longer. Everyone is out for his/herself and the "it takes a village..." sentiment has long since died and been forgotten. I'm not saying that all hope in mankind is lost, just that you have to be vigilant and well studied when it comes to the modern day "snake oil salesman." Bottom feeders and prostitutes will be around 'til the end of time. It's up to you to be smarter than them.
A  15th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
### cash4gold!
A  18th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I found this interesting as many people I am a bit strapped this xmas and I have a couple of bits I never wear.

So this has been good for me to read as I was thinking of doing something like this to get rid of my old things.
N  20th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I recently tried www.mygolddepot.com after trying www.goldfellows.com and I have to say I had a great experience with this company. Mygolddepot was just a pleasure. I did some research online after reading about selling old Gold Jewelry to an online website. I thought was a great idea but I wanted to really research the topic. Well after seeing some good customer service comments on www.mygolddepot.com I decided to give Mygolddepot.com a shot. I have to say I was very happy with the payout I received, (could they have paid me $25-30 bucks more) probably yes ! But, I received a check about 8 days after I sent in my unwanted items and I really think the $464.00 that I was paid was a really good payout compared to some of the stories I read about from customers getting $20.00 and $30.00 dollar checks from the other online companies www.Mygolddepot.com is the real deal and I would absolutely recommended any trying them.

Joann Billings
D  23rd of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I can't offer anything to whether or not these companies actually scammed you or not, because I've never actually sent them anything. However, I do know what they'll pay you...

As of 11.23.09, you're going to get about 20% from any buyer of your gold's actualy "worth." 20% works out to $10 per gram of 10karat and $27 per gram of 24karat. Do your math...

10k gold is only 41.7% gold. The rest is nickel and a few other metals to make the jewelry harder / more wear resistant. Most hollow 18inch gold chain necklaces weigh only 8 grams, so (0.417) x 8grams = 3.336g of actual gold in that 18" necklace you think is worth so much.

$10 paid per gram X 3.336grams = $33.36 you're going to get for that necklace you paid $400 for in the mall.

24k gold is 99.9% gold. You'll get $27 per gram. 8g x .999purity = 7.992g. ($27) x 7.992g = $216 you'll get for that necklace you paid $850 to Fidor at the kiosk at the mall.

The only thing I see as 'shady' concerning these "Cash 4 Gold" companies is misleading you into thinking your gold is really worth a lot of money. The only person it's worth 'a lot' to is you, who completely overpaid to finance commercials to sing "Every Kiss begins with Kay!" around the holidays.
A  25th of Nov, 2009 by    -1 Votes
i unfortunatly did send my gold to them and was offerd a measly £294 after reading this i rang them and said i was not happy with the quote and they then stated that they would re-evaluate my items and came back with a new figure of £510 much closer to what we were expecting
jhcfbslejfbsldvbc
N  26th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Folks I sign on here today to say woooopeee I have my rings back.i sent them on the 2 of this mth..but something inside kept saying to look up cash 4 for gold sams.. so I did man o man i was peed.called that gruop of jerks right then an demmanded my rings back.got the we havent recived the ring yet...to that edit i'll be there in the morning to fill a law sute againt this firm.he put me on hold and when he came back funny we have the package, , lol lol ha ha I said you send them back...i do not care what you offer i want my rings back.are my lawer will cantact you in 1 hr.and will sue you as off...he ask will would you like for us to test them for you ..HA, HA stupid "A' i know what i sent you now if...ing send them back...will thank God I have them back
WHAT A LESSON.Just think them send you a check and its not even close to what you payed from them.Yet they turn around a make there money back and you know why...
remember IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE WILL THEN IT IS
N  26th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Now I going to start sending them a nice thank by sending lead fishing weights painted with golden paint on it, w hat it will cost them in sending envalopes and then the cost of prossesing that then to find out its lead he he he he...

Its my hope thay other on here will send them fake gold.just to aggervate the heck out of them jerks..they pay the shipping fee SO let them pay to find out they got fake junk he he he he he he...HA HA HA HA dooo on you cash 4 gold ripe offs
A  29th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My sister dealt with these same rip off artists and they gave her next to nothing, then she got online and came across a website at: http://www.cash-for-gold-scam.com thats when she realized that she had been scammed
A  1st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just got my money $70.00 for 10 rings 8 bold necklaces 2 bracelets of silver and 1 ring 1 necklace of gold. 133 grams of silver should have been more paid to me then that. I believe CASH 4 GOLD IS A BIG RIP OFF! AND I CAN'T GET MY JEWELRY BACK BECAUSE I WAIVED THE 12 DAY AND HAD THEM DEPOSIT DIRECTLY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT.
DON'T SEND YOUR JEWELRY TO THEM!!!
N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
afeter sending my gold to cash4gold, they sent me out such a ### offer i was outraged to say the least. I thought it was a good idea to get another sending package from cash4gold & put some lead in it to weigh down the bag then take a big ### in it !!! So now they will know wot its like to get a ### offer. Stoo from Glasgow, Scotland P.S I hope this post helps people realise that this is nothing but a scam.
A  5th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I sent my old and broken gold to cash 4 gold.Three weeks ogo i havent heard anything.I called them a four days after i sent it and they tod me they had not recieved it yet.So i got online to see if i could track it like that.I seen some reviews i started to read them i got to the former employe review which said that they get it in 3 to 4 days after u sent it.So i called right back and told them know that they have recieved it she did not disagree with me she said they have not processed it yet. I told the woman i wanted to speak to a manager .Then someone else got on the phone i told her i did not want it processed i just wanted my jewery back asap.I need the extra money for christmas my husband is laid off so i had this bright ideal to send it to cash 4 gold the worst ideal ive ever had.Its been 3 weeks now and nothing back.So as soon as i get it back ill take it to a local pawn shop where ill get more money for it but hopfully ill get it back before christmas if not i dont know what im gonna do.I just wsh i woul have read the reviews before and i would have never sent it.
A  7th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hi, my names Zoe and im from the UK. I sent CASH4GOLD my silver chain that was over 2 ounces in weight and they sent me £2.47 which included a 20% bonus.Its a total ripoff and they still havent returned my chain.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree