Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  25th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
COncerned
I agree with you. Let's go find her and beat her ###. What a ### for doing a commercial and getting paid to lie. KARMA
N  1st of Apr, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am very upset with CASH 4 GOLD. I sent my items and recieve a check for $0.06. ARE YOU KIDDING ME 6 CENTS. I was pissed. I called that day irecieved the check, it was on a Saturday. They were closed so i leaft a message. NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME. so i called again on Wednesday, Still no answer, LEFT A MESSAGES AGAIN. I called the following Moday after not recieving any call back. they told me it was my fault for not being able to get my items back becasue it was past the 10 days, and i should have called them prior. I told them i called twice but the convenently had no record of me calling. i told them i could fax over my phone records, and she continued to tell me there are other ways of trying to contact them and that she could send me a dollar. ARE YOU JOKING. I told her it wasn't worth a dollar and that they were frauds and i hung up. I talk to three pleople that day and I got no where. so now I have a check for 6 cents and none of my personal jewlery. I guess I fell for it. PLEASE PEOPLE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU SEND PERSONAL ITEMS TO THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL BURN YOU GOODS AND SEND YOU A CHECK FOR 6 CENTS.

SAD AND UPSET WITH NO WAY TO MAKE IT BETTER!
D  15th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Everytime I see that commercial I think who could be so stupid, to fall for that? Well there are people that still trust ? Its sad that they take advantage of those good hearted souls ! I THINK THE WHOLE COUNTRY SHOULD SEND THEM ROCKS, AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS FLOODING THEM WITH ENORMOUS POSTAL COSTS IF THEY ARE LIABLE FOR IT?COMPANYS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE STOMPED OUT.AND PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE IN JAIL ALONG WITH MADOFF ETC.GET A REAL JOB AND QUIT RIPPING OFF A FELLOW AMERICAN!!!
N  15th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I tried it and I sent them 88000 dollars in gold and they sent me 25 cents.STOP CALL THE COPS AND SAY CASH FOR GOLD RIPPED ME OFF
N  18th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
FEELING SO STUPID FOR EVER SENDING IN MY GOLD.
I WAS TOLD MY PACKAGE ARRIVED OPENED AND THEY WERE BLAMING THE POSTAL SERVICE. MAYBE SO, BUT MORE SO I GOT TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS. DON'T SEND ANYTHING IN TO CASH FOR GOLD, THEY ARE LIARS AND THEIVES.
THEY TAKE GOLD AND USE PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE THEIR BRAINS. I'M COMPLETELY GUILTY.
A  25th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I heard about this as well. I have never dealt with them. My father is in the jewelry business, and he said what they do is criminal...ill bet its not long before they are rung up on charges of fraud.

I have a very good friend that is also a jeweler, and he is now in the business of buying gold. His approach is so much different. 1st off, he never does it over the Internet. All buying is done in person and he is very picky to make sure it is not stolen.

Gold buying is clear cut. You take all the pieces and categorize them into types (10 carat, 14carat, etc.). There is a couple of special (quick) tests to verify if its real...its some sort of chemical thing. Once it checks out, it gets weighed and added up. He knows what the refinery will give him for the Gold...and he gives you a price based on that. Its usually .50 on the dollar. Which is very fair considering 95% of the people consider it junk they won't use anyhow. So if he buys your gold, give you a check for 100 bucks, he sells it for 200 to the refinery and makes 100% profit...the same profit margins most jewelers have when they sell the stuff to begin with.

Gold buy seems so shady, and Cash4Gold seems to only prove that. If you think about it, its a really a win win situation for everyone involved as long as you do it with someone who is honest.
N  26th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Wow I was so close to send my jewelry to them I even just received the package so I can send them my gold but I am so glad I investigated it first. Thanks a bunch
A  4th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cash 4 Gold is a total scam!!! I had my rings sent to them to be assessed. They assessed them at $8 when I had previously had them assessed at the local pawn shop for $400!!! So when I asked them to send back my jewelry, they took the two best rings and sent me back what they probably thought was not very expensive. They stole my matching wedding bands (diamond encrusted 24K gold)!!! SHAME ON Cash 4 Gold. I have reported them to the BBB and I advise everyone who has had an issue with this company report them.
N  6th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have recently sacrificed something that is of value to me but i have multiple of. I called for my gold kit; it arrived the next day.

I sent in a 1 troy oz gold bar from the engelhard mint. at the time 1 troy oz of gold was worth $845.31

When I received my check 2 weeks later it was written out for the amount of $63.19

if this does not sound like a scam... your def.
A  9th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
You should see the HUGE plant they are buiding in Florida - millions and millions!!! Security up the wazoo - you have to relinquish your Driver's license just to get through and there are armed guards and a metal detector. My friend's husband is doing some of the interior work and he says it looks like Trump's place EXCEPT for where the scam artists who are paid very little by the way sit in their little cubicles!!! This guy is worse than Bernie Madoff!!!
N  13th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
wow, i was seconds away from sending an envelope full of jewelry.i just checked the website to get feed back. i still stunned. they seamed so realistic and authentic. with the economy bad and all, i still need to sell my jewelry. how can i do so now?
A  15th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thank you for this information i almost sent my jewelry to these crooks!
A  25th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!! Cash 4 Gold claims they never recevied my packet, after my asking if my packet was insured, they said yes for $100. I sent in my lost claim form, and got a check for $33.00 when I know what I sent in was well worth at least $800 or more. Consumers, DON'T DO IT!!! This company needs to be shut down and prosecuted.
A  4th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I think it's ignorant and cruel to say that anyone who's been ripped off by this company deserves to be scammed. It's this attitude, combined with the gullibility of some people, that allow companies like this to stay in business and unpunished. When someone believes, "Oh well, they were idiots so they deserve to be taken advantage of, " it's not that much different than thinking someone deserves to be beaten up by a stronger person because they shouldn't have been weak.

However, people should keep in mind that it's a jungle out there and NOBODY HAS YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART except maybe your parents - and sometimes not even them. Human beings are animals, despite our big brains and fancy technologies. In the animal kingdom, the strong prey on the weak. You can't change that fact, so whenever you're entering into ANY transaction with another human being, remember that life is a fight for survival and not the civilized garden party that some seem to think it is.
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
have any of you seen this?

Cash4Gold Advises Customers to Be Aware of Counterfeit Services:

After i read that i clicked on cash4gold email that was sitting in my spam box for a few weeks; turned out the link didn't take me to cash4gold.com but rather to dollars4gold.com.

Are these two companies somehow related? Or was that SPAM a SCAM?
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My name is Stefan and I am an analyst with a law firm in Manhattan. We are currently investigating the above discussed. For that reason, I am very interested to hear about your experience with Cash4Gold and gather as much information that would help stop this kind of behavior.
Please do not hesitate to contact me via either email or telephone. My email is ssavic@balestriere.net and my number is 212-374-5400, Ext. 126.

*This is attorney advertisement
N  12th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
The Gold is worth more than the cash...Keep it...WTF!!!
A  14th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I SENT A HAND FULL OF GOLD JEWLERY TO CASH FOR GOLD! BIG MISTAKE!! THEY SENT ME A CHECK FOR ONLY $60.00. TEY HAD TYPED ON THE CHECK THAT I HAD ONLY SENT IN 4 ITEMS WHEN IN FACT I HAD SENT THEM 10 ITEMS, ALL PURE 14K GOLD!! I REALLY GOT RIPPED-OFF! TERRI SPRING, TEX.
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I wish that all the people that work for Cash4Gold go ahead and kill themselves. Earlier this month, my girlfriend was looking to upgrade her ring. We went to Kay Jewelers to see if she could find anything she liked. We had two rings that Kay Jewelers appraised to be worth about $1000.00 total. They were not going to buy them back from us, but were willing to allow us to use it as part of a trade in. My girlfriend had actually paid about $1, 500.00 f0r the two rings, and was interested in a ring that was about $2, 000.00. We decided to hold off for awhile until we shopped around further. And by the grace of god, we came upon one of the Cash4Gold booths in our local Westside Mall in Madison, WI. They advertised that they were going to pay 20 % more than what our gold is worth and that they offer the cash on the spot for our gold. So, we sat down an had them appraise our gold rings. One of their sales guy gave us a quote for the 2 rings to be about $160.o0. We felt insulted and told him that it was BS!!! He told us that he can tell that we paid a lot more of our rings then he was willing to pay. His reasoning was that there does not exist a large, wholesale market for our gold/diamond ring, because our "gold was light weighted", and once it was melted, it wouldn't be worth much. We said thank you and walked off. We went to the Eastside Mall on the other side of town to see what the appraisers at the Cash4Gold booth there would say. So, they looked at both of our gold rings and told us that you are very lucky, cause we're going to pay you a wonderful return of $200 for our two rings. We told him to f#ck off for his stupid sarcasm and for insulting us with his offer. So please, for the sake of your own well being (even in times of crisis, recession, etc.), don't give away your valuables to these scammers.
A  24th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I think that all companys should be researched before doing further business with them. A simple Googling of just the words "Cash 4 Gold" would have saved these people a Lot of money and frustration. Just take the time and do it!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree