Cartus

Posted:

Worthless company

4.7
Cartus
Cartus relo company is worthless. They have no concern for the people they are dealing with and simply have no care for the time and money they let other people waste while they drag their feet. They treat homeowners like parties in a corporate merger and could not care less if you end up homeless because they didn't get their part of the deal done in time. Their timeline is the only one that matters. As a result of their ridiculous, apathetic approach they just sit back while a chain reaction of property transfers falls apart with absolutely no care. You would think that moving property during a recession would be the goal, but I am beginning to think that the thrive on not making deals. I am sure then that there losses are passed on to their corporate clients, who then get to pass it on to consumers (i.e. the rest of us).
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I manage the Office of the President at Cartus. Please contact me at officeofthepresident@cartus.com. I am happy to assist.
A  25th of Jan, 2010 by    +3 Votes
CARTUS is the pits. I am a Realtor and 100% agree with Zac.
A  9th of Feb, 2010 by    +2 Votes
For my next relocation, I will insist that my employer provide an alternative to Cartus. This will be a deal breaker for me. Dealing with them was the most frustrating experience of my professional life. My selling agent and two buying agents vowed never to work with them again. I am convinced that the sole purpose of Cartus is to undermine the sale of the real estate so that they can profit on the flip. Their endless delays and level of incompetence cannot be properly described.
A  8th of Jul, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Cartus and subsidiaries are indeed worthless. I too am sure that they profit somehow from making real estate transactions fall apart. My dealings with them was also the most stressful time of my life. They tried to get us to pay for unnecesary repairs, act like they are oblivious as to why you would complain about being taken and all of this while i had a buyer waiting to buy my house politely. Yes, in this market.
A  24th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I recently bought a house through Cartus Relocation and my experience could not have been worse. This is in Connecticut where Cartus is headquartered. I had a pre-agreement with the seller and things were smooth. The seller was relocating through Cartus and they started dealing with the property. They are a mess. The will not provide paperwork on time, will ask for changes to wordings of the contract and then sign the incorrect version of the document - the one they did not want to sign! They will not keep any requests or look in to any issues that you might have. The seller was also equally horrible. Did not fix any of the inspection issues and had offered some cheap credit. At closing, Cartus attorney had a huge attitude. I cannot think what would prompt any seller to be unnecessarily so aggressive. I did not think buying a house could have been such a horrible experience. Stay away if you see Cartus on the property listing. They are a rip off and unless the house is your dream house, stay away.
No wonder Cartus is not on Twitter. They do not care about customers.
N  22nd of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Cartus is our relocation company. I have moved with them three times. Each time I've had to redo paperwork that never seems to get processed correctly. I'm told wrong information by extremely incompetent lazy workers who care nothing about their client. My reimbursment's are never processed in a timely manner. The worst part is when trying to sell a home they assign you a realtor in CT that is so worthless and has no morals or brains whatsoever. They will lie to your company and tell them that since you are not willing to price your house as a steal that you are not doing everything in your power to sell it. Regardless of what the market says it's worth and what the factual numbers back up saying what it's worth. They will tell you every week to decrease your price. Also, the buyout option is not based on a normal appraisal. It's based on what the appraisers opinion is that the house will sell at in 120 days. So if your appraiser has a crystal ball then you should be OK, since they don't is ridiculous and very unfair to value a house this way. Not to mention shady and non-ethical. Do not EVER trust Cartus. Enter with caution when moving with them, it may end up costing you not only A LOT of money, but much emotional distress on your whole family as well.
A  16th of Jul, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Completely agree with all negative comments about Cartus from a buyers perspective. Slow response, delayed closing, and terrible communication. It would appear as if Cartus would benefit from delaying sales and/or having contracts fall through. I have gone the VA loan route which added 45 days for closing. Even with the 45 days for closing, Cartus came back the week prior to closing and said they would not be able to close for another 35 days...due to the fact they dragged their feet on all issues. I would highly recommend looking at other options before doing anything with Cartus.
A  25th of Mar, 2014 by    +2 Votes
i will gladly chime in here with yet another horrific CARTUS relocation story. Having been relocated previously ( with a competent RELO company ) I was unprepared for the mess they created. BEWARE-CARTUS profits from EVERY single part of the relocation process. From the Realtors you are Required to use to the Currently Under Investigation Cartus Home Loans division known as PPH. Their consultants, as they refer to them, are among the most incompetent group of people you will ever come across. if you're lucky, they may spell your name correctly but only after multiple complaints.

Our first "Consultant" so grossly misinformed us of the process, benefits and procedures that we eventually had to call my employer's HR department to have this yahoo replaced. The replacement was equally incompetent. Do not expect them to be able to accurately answer any questions for you-Bypass them where possible and go directly to your employer's HR Department. Complete as much as you can on their Website and read the Fine Print . I am not even 1/4 of the way through this process and not only has CARTUS not assisted me, their gross incompetence has significantly delayed the process. My Advice-Demand your Employer use Another Company or just cut you a check and let you handle it yourself. Trust me-You could NOT POSSIBLY do a worse job on your own than these folks do, Lastly, don't bother contacting the Office of the Vice President, your time would be better spent packing or calling movers.

I cannot tell if this company is corrupt, incompetent or both, but I would strongly advise anyone considering relocating with CARTUS to prepare for the worst-I promise you will not be disappointed.
A  25th of Jun, 2014 by    +2 Votes
They could not have screwed up our move any worse. It was a financial and emotional nightmare. From incompetence to gross negligence we were put through the ringer. The gentleman that came to evaluate for the company somehow missed one of my garages. I have 2 and he left off the one next to my house? That started the chain of issues...the mover, driver 'Leo' was the problem. He was irritated from the get go and his packers were quitting after as little as an hour. Trying to find new packers took time he should've used packing. After 4 days he declared he was done even though closets were still full and many pieces of furniture remained in the house. He refused to enter the garage to pack because it wasn't listed on his sheet? They pulled away leaving broken and discarded items all over my property. I can't even put a figure on the property they left behind that was looted by trespassers. All these things should have been on the truck!
That was just the start...
When we arrived at our new house, furniture was broken, missing and incomplete. Chairs with legs broken off, smashed mirrors, ect...Things were clearly stolen, left behind or just broken for fun. This company has no more regard for your possessions than discarded used diapers. Which one of the geniuses packed for us to open at our new home! When I called the company to complain, the person I spoke to laughed and told me that Leo had since recently been promoted!
Congratulations Cartus for your success through epic failure!
N  26th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Cartus is a scam. They are/were representing me in an upcoming relocation and were hired by my company. Cartus arranged for an inspection by GlobalSpec - the inspector provided a factually incorrect inspection for the purposes of gaining additional business; Cartus refused to acknowledge this and instead insisted that I fix everything on the inspection report (even the things that did not need fixing and were up to code). The notified me two days before my move that I would need to fix everything on the report or be kicked out of the Cartus relocation program. Everything with Cartus is a hassle. They cannot be trusted.
N  26th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
40%? What do they do for that much commission? Do they negotiate the contract, show homes, deal with the lender, title, inspector, appraisal, or HOA boards? Nope they don't, but the steal nearly half of a realtors commission, this is a professional screw job.
N  18th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maui69 Thank you Maui69. My experience exactly. It didn't sell with the previous Cartus Realtor after 4 months, so the seller asked Cartus if I could be "allowed" to sell it. I put in some elbow grease, gave it my best shot, and sold it in 3 weeks. It's such an insult to get 42% taken out of my paycheck for doing a good job. On top of that, the shear hassle of dealing with mega paperwork and a ginormous bureaucracy is so not worth it. I won't do it again. Eventually it will only be desperate agents who will work for them. Yuck Pooey.
A  24th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
Totally agree with Zac074! I wish I had read his review earlier! Avoid this company unless you are willing to have the worst experience of move-in.
Disaster! Cartus is simply there to make your life disaster during- relocation as if it is not hard. It drags money from your company for finding worst possible movers and least reliable and cheating real estates! You are going to end up in a place where you real estate has a secret deal with the leasing office and the movers will treat your goods as if they are trash! In the mean time, Cartus will be just calling to 'chat' along with you and sitting back, doing nothing!
A  4th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I agree with all of the above! They have their realtors do comps and then they make an offer so low that it doesn't pay off our Morgage. The offer isn't even close to the house appraisal in 2010... How did we lose $30, 000 when we completely renovated the house this year. Completely agree that Cartus will cause you more stress heartache and put you further in debt! Avoid them, do it yourself!
A  4th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
From a Realtor perspective, I am disgusted that this greedy bureaucracy sucks 42% of my commission while I do a great job for them and work my butt off. I wonder how they would feel getting 58% of their pay for doing a good job? You would think they are doing such a magnanimous job helping their clients relocate, but this is just a huge profit center, loaded with bureaucrats who are sucking the life out of the Realtors. The clients get their closing costs paid out of my pocket, which I can accept, but then Cartus walks away with a giant profit out of my pocket as well. This is corporate greed and I am going to take it to NAR. I never want to work for Cartus again. They can find agents with no credentials (the Realtor before me did not sell the house in four months and I sold it in 3 weeks) and have only incompetent Realtors working for them. Good luck. Karma will come back to these bloodsuckers.
A  17th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I was stupid enough to buy a house from Cartus. Or rather a seller who was with the cartus relocation program. Everything was delayed. I somehow persevered and on the day of the closing, the cartus realtor whipped out a form that I had to sign and notarize absolving cartus and the seller from any and all responsiblity in the event that they misrepresented any facts about the house.
signing this form was a big mistake. ofcourse soon after closing several issues have been popping up. some of the contractors in the area we contacted to fix these issues told us that they had informed the previous owner in writing of the issues that we were now facing, but he had refused to fix those issues. he did not mention any of these issues in the disclosure report either. Cartus seems like knew there were issues hence the form they wanted me to sign and notarize.
trying to figure out legal recourse to this problem.
In short, NEVER EVER buy a house from Cartus!!!
A  11th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Cartus is a NIGHTMARE!!!Cartus is the most dishonest relocation company and I truly advise that if you have the option of choosing a different company then do it. Our moving experience with Cartus was an absolute disaster due to the head of the company that was constantly covering up lies. If the head of Cartus has to handle your relocation then you know its an epic failure. Regardless she got caught in so many lies it is like book worthy how the relocation was handled for my family. All we wanted to do was have an honest agent who would work hard and sell our house so my husband would not be in a hotel and our family separated. We had an amazing house that can sell itself any day. Cartus makes everything between documentation, Requirements, Loop holes, the entire relocation process for a family an absolute nightmare. The longer you are delayed in the selling process the less they have to pay is exactly how it went for our family. If you don't sell in the specific timelines then your percentages change and Cartus does not want to buy your house because then they have to float the amount between buying it and selling it to your buyers even though they say their all about getting you relocated quickly, its not true. If you don't move then they don't have to pay the movers either or at least if they can delay that process then its good for Cartus.. They caused my family so much stress, wasted time, lost buyers and cash offers. We had to lower our price due to time on market after the agents they sent us failed miserably and did not hold up any of the promises they made in order to sell our home. The list of disasters is extremely long and makes my blood pressure rise simply thinking about it. Please understand that this company did not have our back and after reading many families who endured the same I can see this is just the way they do business. If I could give no stars to submit this review I would because this company does not deserve even 1 gold star. We put our home for sale 6/2016 and it sold 12/31/2016 the only reason this house sold was because I was able to get in contact myself with the 3rd buyer after Cartus and their agent lost my 3 offers.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree