Career Network / fake job offers

1 P.O. Box 618305,, Orlando, FL, United States

I have been applying for employment for over a year and I am really tired of all these fake job offers. I have stopped looking on Craig's list because of all the false job offers. Ones that want you to get a cash card (ATM card) so the can deposit your paycheck directly to it but you or they need a credit report and with both of them you have to use their link

I was on regular job sites (ex: Career Builder, Monster.com, these one I am complaining about and others). I have received 2 responses back regarding an Accounting Position. I believe I filled out thee application and submitted my resume but thee response I get back is asking me to complete an application by clicking their link. I typed in thee web address they gave me if I needed help filling out application and it was for The Chronicle of Higher Education. Here is the 1st response I received 7/6/12:

Hello Victoria,

I have reviewed your qualifications and experience in accounting and theink theat you will be a great fit for one of thee open positions in thee Manteca area. This is a great opportunity to work for a fast paced company theat is growing rapidly. You can see thee application below:

Accounting Position

To qualify you should be proficient in bothe written and oral communication; function well in a goal oriented environment; be able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently; and be highly motivated withe thee ability to work independently.

We offer a starting pay of up to $16 per hour depending on your performance. After 90 days you will be eligible for advancement opportunities withein thee company.

Cortney Hamilton
Regional Recruiting Manager

This is a Career Network Feature Job which acts as a job aggregator for one or more positions. Please refer to thee feature job link on thee application for more details.

Career Network, Inc., P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL 32861

Please do not Reply to this email. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you just need help applying for a position, please visit www.career-network.com/help for assistance.

Then I get thee second one today:

Hello Victoria,

After reviewing your resume I feel that you are a good candidate for a position withe my company. I am currently seeking professionals in thee Manteca area who have experience in thee accounting field. If you feel this position is for you please apply below.

Accounting Position

The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and thee ability to perform online research.

We offer flexible hours, a pay range of $14-$16 per hour, and opportunities for advancement.

Gregory Stewart
Regional Recruiting Manager

This is a Career Network Feature Job which acts as a job aggregator for one or more positions. Please refer to the feature job link on thee application for more details.

Career Network, Inc., P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL 32861

If you would prefer not to receive further notices from Career Network, please follow this link to unsubscribe. (Note: this sentence is underlined and in blue so you can click on it and it will supposedly unsubscribe you! Not taking any chance by clicking on any links.)

It is hard enough applying for employment when most jobs requiring you to complete thee application and their assessment questions (which half thee time have nothing to do withe thee job) on line and then you have to have these idiots who post bogus jobs just to get personal information. I am beginning to think that thee only safe way to apply is to go directly to companies and/or their website. Looking on Craig's List, Career Builder, Monster and any others is becoming a waste of my time! All these on line companies that have EMPLOYERS posting jobs should really start cracking down on postings and confirm they are a legitimate company and not a scam!

There needs to be a way to STOP these scamers and False Job Posters!!

Thanks