Care.com - - California / Automatic renewal -- a SCAM!

CA, United States Review updated:

Same complaint just like the others posted before me. Did not realize that when you signed up for 3 months of subscription, you ended up paying EVERY 3 months after that. Asked them why they did not send notifications of their charges before or even AFTER they charged me. Received no reply. Obviously their intention is to get more money from you hoping that you would not notice it, so that they can get away with it for as long as possible! Very unethical.

Comments

• Kr
      9th of Apr, 2012

Hi Terrencesmom, I apologize for the experience you had, as it was never our intention to mislead our members. Care.com states on the payment page that "All subscriptions automatically renew until cancellation" so that members are aware that it is a subscription service. Once you upgrade, you get a confirmation page showing the cost that was just charged to you, where it again states that it will automatically renew until canceled and gives you the option to "Set a Reminder, " which sends you reminder emails leading up to your automatic renewal date. Once you have upgraded to our Premium Membership, you can also simply downgrade your account to a free basic membership at any time. To do this, simply scroll down to "Membership Information" under "My Profile and Settings." Once you are there, click on "Downgrade." This will set your account to downgrade to the free membership, but will keep your information in our system so that you can log in and upgrade anytime. This process is detailed out in our FAQ page under "How do I close my account?" The Care.com Member Care lines are open 10-6 Monday-Friday EST, voicemails are returned same day and emails sent to [protected]@care.com are responded to within 24 hours, 7 days a week as it states on our "Contact Us" page. If your billing has not been resolved, please feel free to contact us at 877.227.3115 and we would be happy to help. -Kristen, Care.com MemberCare Representative

• Jl
      10th of Apr, 2012

just go to amazon.com or google care.com reviews to find it. Looks like people really don't like the slimebag companies that play games with auto renewal..we all know it is a way to get people to pay a month or two before they realize what is going on. If it wasn't, you would not have to jump through hoops to downgrade this or click on this and get out your magnifying glass to read the entire site... Who would have thought a site set up for care would be like this? Guess the mighty buck rules again but the company will not last..the trust is gone and the results are not worth the hassle.